Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Yorubas, Beware - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas, Beware (3802 Views)

Yorubas Beware! / What The Igbos Can Learn From The Yorubas - By Joe Igbokwe / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas, Beware by Obaaderemi2: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2023
The north through Buhari is making serious attempts to scuttle the chance of the South wresting power from the hands of the north. The north feels the South since 1999 has had an upper hand over the north in the occupying of Also Rock. They're not comfortable with this. If a southerner wins, that would make it 22 years out of 32 years since the return of democracy to Nigeria.

They've succeeded in planting the seed of division in the South again. They did this by refusng to give Obi the pdp ticket. The candidate of the north is Atiku.

They know obi can not win, especially on the platform of a small party that has little influence in the north and in the hinterlands of the South.

The only true opponent the north has is the Yoruba candidate, Tinubu. That's why there' are massive moves against him. Buhari and his people are ready to wreck the chances of the APC in next month's election.

They made new naira notes inadequate and created artificial fuel scarcity to turn voters against APC in anger, so they could destroy APC and Tinubu's chances.

By all means they want power to remain in the north so that Fulanis herdsmen can continue wreaking havoc unchecked around Nigeria.

The igbos are happy Tinubu is being checked not knowing it would affect them also. The real tragedy of it all is how yorubas are also cheering obi on and disparaging Tinubu, not knowing they're playing the North's script.

Is this how we'll allow the north upstage the South again?
As at last week, I was one of those against Tinubu but I've done a lot of thinking since then especially with this gratuitous fuel scarcity and money policy and I've come to see those moves for what they are: A plan to keep the Fulanis in power.

Once again, Yorubas beware.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Moh247: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2023
It's not about the entire North, but some Cabals working with Atiku

Many Northerners are for fair rotation , especially North and West allaince

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by donphilopus: 8:09am On Jan 28, 2023
Moh247:

But they will all fail.

For you to know the entire north isn't with Atiku, Kwankwaso has refused to withdraw for him.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by UnfairLife7(m): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2023
Fuel scarcity
Naira notes redesign
Harsh economy

All these will not happen if Buhari is seeking for second term

I feel some people in Buhari government are sabotaging the government truly. It is too obvious and glaring even to the blind

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by BATified2023: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
The north through Buhari is making serious attempts to scuttle the chance of the South wresting power from the hands of the north. The north feels the South since 1999 has had an upper hand over the north in the occupying of Also Rock. They're not comfortable with this. If a southerner wins, that would make it 22 years out of 32 years since the return of democracy to Nigeria.

They've succeeded in planting the seed of division in the South again. They did this by refusng to give Obi the pdp ticket. The candidate of the north is Atiku.

They know obi can not win, especially on the platform of a small party that has little influence in the north and in the hinterlands of the South.

The only true opponent the north has is the Yoruba candidate, Tinubu. That's why there' are massive moves against him. Buhari and his people are ready to wreck the chances of the APC in next month's election.

They made new naira notes inadequate and created artificial fuel scarcity to turn voters against APC in anger, so they could destroy APC and Tinubu's chances.

By all means they want power to remain in the north so that Fulanis herdsmen can continue wreaking havoc unchecked around Nigeria.

The igbos are happy Tinubu is being checked not knowing it would affect them also. The real tragedy of it all is how yorubas are also cheering obi on and disparaging Tinubu, not knowing they're playing the North's script.

As at last week, I was one of those against Tinubu but I've done a lot of thinking since then especially with this gratuitous fuel scarcity and money policy and I've come to see those moves for what they are: A plan to keep the Fulanis in power.

this is the same thing I am seeing

With how the G5 governors are frustrating atiku it is now crystal clear that atiku will not win n tinubu has upper hand, so the fulanis are trying to frustrate tinubu by destroying apc

Imagine fuel increase n money hoarding at this time, they know it will make d people bitter towards d ruling party but it’s funny how the igbos think it will favor obi

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by babasolution: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2023
Truth is the Yoruba have to start learning ethnic nationalism POLITICS. Ultra liberalism is doing them no good.

Learn to put your people first before POLITICS.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Bragalane: 8:21am On Jan 28, 2023
Was that why same Northerners unanimously gave Tinubu the ticket or you are just being foolish ?!

Obaaderemi2:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by BATified2023: 8:23am On Jan 28, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Fuel scarcity
Naira notes redesign
Harsh economy

All these will not happen if Buhari is seeking for second term

I feel some people in Buhari government are sabotaging the government truly. It is too obvious and glaring even to the blind
the people blaming tinubu before are beginning to see the reality

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Flathead8: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2023
We from the north are massively behind Tinubu, its unfortunately few from the cabals are scared to lose power
Moh247:

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Obaaderemi2: 8:26am On Jan 28, 2023
BATified2023:
this is the same thing I am seeing

With how the G5 governors are frustrating atiku it is now crystal clear that atiku will not win n tinubu has upper hand, so the fulanis are trying to frustrate tinubu by destroying apc

Imagine fuel increase n money hoarding at this time, they know it will make d people bitter towards d ruling party but it’s funny how the igbos think it will favor obi
Buhari is showing his true colors. He has been in pains since the Olu le speech in Abeokuta. This is the time for the yorubas to band together. The north will only drag Nigeria back in terms of development if allowed to continue as we've seen with Buhari's bad governance.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by nedu666: 8:27am On Jan 28, 2023
Moh247:

Which one is north and west alliance. Does that include the north east and north central

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Moh247: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2023
Flathead8:
We from the north are massively behind Tinubu, its unfortunately few from the cabals are scared to lose power

Honestly you guys have really tried and shown brotherhood more than some fake southerners

Am sure when Tinubu becomes the 16th President, North won't regret the support

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Obaaderemi2: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2023
Bragalane:
Was that why same Northerners unanimously gave Tinubu the ticket or you are just being foolish ?!

This is beyond your paygrade, son. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by technicallyrich(m): 8:29am On Jan 28, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Your eyes will soon clear.
Just like theifvynubu own has cleared.
Mess mess cowords grin grin cheesy
Westerners now claiming Southerners after betrayin ss/se.
We prefer atiku to a sick corruptt theiff.atiku is our friend and brother.
Is either the best obi or our friend atiku not enemy like theivy that hates ss/se and wants to give us a soak slice of bread.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by nedu666: 8:29am On Jan 28, 2023
BATified2023:
the people blaming tinubu before are beginning to see the reality

Tinubu did not speak against the suffering of nigerians for 7 and half years because he wanted to be in buhari good books. Then 1 month to election he remembers nigerians are suffering. Who told u tinubu cares if nigerians die.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2023
Obaaderemi2:

So you prefer and old febble Tinubu to Obi?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by PeterObi4LP: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2023
OP need I remind you that all Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba will not support their own because of interest. So I'm not supporting Tinubu for any reason. I'm for Better Obi same way Umahi, Uzordinma and co are for Tinubu.

So make your choice and allow others make theirs. Tinubu is not an option.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by technicallyrich(m): 8:31am On Jan 28, 2023
Flathead8:
You are not a northerner but a yoru bad pigg and slavve.
Or just say you are northerners slavves cheesy grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by FreedomArmy: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2023
People who ganged up against the south and unseated a southern president has now realize the south is one and should not allow the north to continue.
What pains me most is when you smelly head slamming Yoruba Muslims open your ewedu stinking mouth and say that peter obi cannot win. Why can't you foools support peter obi instead of following a drug dealer and trying to force him on Nigeria.
Obi has more national love than your drug dealer Tinubu

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by babasolution: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2023
The Yoruba are now understanding what other tribes were saying about the Fulani which Yoruba refused to accept.

Their eyes sef done open,unfortunately it's too late, TINUBU ma lule,Atiku lo kan

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Danisaint112(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2023
Typical Tinubu Supporter. I could also twist this article to favour Peter Obi if we are to go by your Jurisdiction.
Because, come to think of it the SE are the most deprived when it comes to possession of power in today's politics in Naija.

If Tinubu can push Buhari to Nigerians, stayed mute for 7 and half years while all the killing, kidnapping, raping etc are being fuelled by terrorist tell me why I should support him. Tell me why you think he would be the Messiah.

It is good things are going this way. It's all to favour Obi if you ask me. The bullet they targeted at their foot is just one inch on getting to their foot. Reality will dawn on them soon.

Meanwhile, If you are a labour party faithful/Supporter reading this then share this video of Datti below until our Northern brothers are well enlightened. 🗣️📢

Video of Datti explaining the Labour Party symbol and how/where voters should vote;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Zk6GjHoqI

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by BATified2023: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2023
nedu666:

Tinubu did not speak against the suffering of nigerians for 7 and half years because he wanted to be in buhari good books. Then 1 month to election he remembers nigerians are suffering. Who told u tinubu cares if nigerians die.
so u expect the same tinubu u people claimed was sidelined n his wife confirmed it to have a say?

At least it getting crystal clear that it’s d masses that will suffer

No fuel except u buy for 400 per liter
No money cos today is Saturday n all atm aren’t working

To people who believe it is targeted at tinubu, I guess obi people aren’t using fuel n they don’t spend money?

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Pascal9: 8:46am On Jan 28, 2023
Moh247:

expecially north and west alliance, you Yorubas are very wicked, greedy and selfish. Tufiakwa

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Pascal9: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Buhari is showing his true colors. He has been in pains since the Olu le speech in Abeokuta. This is the time for the yorubas to band together. The north will only drag Nigeria back in terms of development if allowed to continue as we've seen with Buhari's bad governance.
soo your Yoruba vote will make Tinubu president, stop pushing the old hag to death

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Obaaderemi2: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2023
Thanksful:

So you prefer and old febble Tinubu to Obi?
No, I prefer Obi, being a Christian and the fact that he is relatively young but he can't win. And it would be insane to help the north retain power with Buhari's scorecard.
Re: Yorubas, Beware by Asgard13: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2023
grin

Pls
Which claim do yoruba have to presidency that the north don’t have

This Yoruba people sef

Una go wake up know say no be yoruba brain flora take name Nigeria

Very funny tribe

Tinubu must contest

Must!

Yoruba sef ..

See how Yoruba they re .. they now remember master slave relationship

You wise pass your master and still in yiru masters chain

I don laugh die

Power to the people
North 2023 Jare

E pain dem die..

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Moh247: 8:57am On Jan 28, 2023
Pascal9:
expecially north and west alliance, you Yorubas are very wicked, greedy and selfish. Tufiakwa

And you ibos are saint Godly and very nice

Dolts

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Beware by Obaaderemi2: 8:59am On Jan 28, 2023
BATified2023:
so u expect the same tinubu u people claimed was sidelined n his wife confirmed it to have a say?

To people who believe it is targeted at tinubu, I guess obi people aren’t using fuel n they don’t spend money?
Many of them do not understand realpolitik.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Beware by PrinceOfLagos: 9:00am On Jan 28, 2023
BATified2023:

You Tinubu people are the problem of the south . You're backstabbers and betrayers . I like what the north are doing to Tinubu and I hope it continues till Tinubu disgraceful defeat in February.

Look at what the OP wrote, is Yoruba the only tribe in the south? Can a tree make a forest ?

Can Yoruba vote alone make Tinubu president of Nigeria ?

You guys are the problem of Bola Tinubu with the way you play politics of hate and "I to know".

The entire south south, south east and good numbers of sensible Yoruba people adopted Peter Obi for a reason and which is because Tinubu and his supporters have insulted the southern region too much coupled with Tinubu dirty pasts as drug pusher and multiple corruption cases hanging on his neck , Tinubu is not sellable everyone know this.
The last straw that broke Tinubu ticket was the Muslim Muslim ticket . That's a slap on the faces of the south and even some northern Muslims frowned at it.

Tinubu will never be president, he's been rejected .

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dr. Reuben Abati Of Arise TV Pens Hearty Birthday Message To His Third Wife / Rochas Okorocha Wasn't Seeking For Votes When He Built This For The North / Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.