Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released (36313 Views)

Crisis Brews Between Kogi Governor Ododo, Yahaya Bello Over Sacking Of Loyalist / Seyi Tinubu Greets Obasanjo, Osinbajo And Dangote At Otedolas Mums Birthday-phot / Yahaya Bello, Onoja: As Crack Emerges Between Kogi Governor & Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by lukency(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
Dangote go and pay them their tax.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Idiotseverywher: 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
SO NOW,,, WITH THIS DOCUMENT,, WHO IS AT FAULT.??
. I want to aak this question, do you really believe this paper is you want to be sincere, do the wordings of this statement make any meaningful agreement, the question I one want to ask is how did Dangote acquire 90% of the ownership and the real owner 10%, what are the circumstances , why is it not started in the documents? And who and were was the document signed, witnesses etc, let us not play tribal game here because majority of public properties are at wrong and illegal hands, let us be truthful for once
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gaby(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
Dangote is not a monopoly, you hold such opinion against him because you refuse to read for yourself. If he's a monopoly there will be no Lafarge and BUA cement.

Learn to read. You can not be ignorant and proud at the same time. You will destroy your life.

The document above is an agreement between Dangote and Yahaya Bello to transfer 90% ownership to Dangote and Dangote will not pay tax for 7 years after the factory starts.

Continue to bury your head under your "where the sun doesn't shine" thinking you can pull everyone in to be gullible as you are at the same time.

Abeg waka go front jare...

Dangote is not a monopoly.

Nigeria is working and the best democracy in the entire world...how about that?

Nonsense..
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by SocialJustice: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
gaby:

Continue to bury your head under your "where the sun doesn't shine" thinking you can pull everyone in to be gullible as you are at the same time.

Abeg waka go front jare...

Dangote is not a monopoly.

Nigeria is working and the best democracy in the entire world...how about that?

Nonsense..
Abusive and intolerant, I feel sorry for the people that bear the burden of interacting physically with you. You must be a terrible thorn in their flesh.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by integrity16(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2022
Dannyfan:
The owner is exercising his power, let Dangote too lower his pride.

The government is not the sole owner of obajana. The company is co-owned with with Dangote. They lost their sole ownership the moment 90% shares was transferred to dangote industries.

2 Likes

Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Albertgr8: 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Some Peter Obi's Brothers were initially mastubating over this matter. Since it involves Dangote.

God bless Dangote
y involving Po in this nawaoo
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Olu1000:
The government transferred 90% shares to Dangote.Does that mean Dangote now owns 90 % of the company?

Yes,
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by drololaaof: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Government ehnnnn, the jobs and investment, they won't do, people that are ready to do it, they will still be disturbing them. If Dangote leave the site for them can they handle it, the imo government palm kernel and coconut farm, where is it today. What message are they trying to pass to other investors.

Dangote keep investing in the country despite it's Downfall, this is unlike most billionaires, even Nigerians don't appreciate, some hate to see billionaires succeeding from other tribes, all they have is fake social media billionaires that 90% of them cannot say how they made their money, and still they are naira billionaire that have never enter Forbes list. Let's try and appreciate good people investing in the country, we always ignore our governors that few days after leaving the office, they are already out of the country, years later, you will see them enter Pandora's paper of having secret investment abroad, and we the followers will say nothing is wrong with it.

if I'm the one, with my temper, I will even stop building the refinery, the government should keep importing fuel and cement,
There are more to it than it was shown to us .
My questions is why is Kogi fighting for the soul of the company now ?
2 . Why is it only Dangote companies that are thriving all over Nigeria? Is the company acting as a front for some individuals?

1 Like

Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by shortIGBOman: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2022
Albertgr8:
y involving Po in this nawaoo

Cause IGBO can never rule Nigeria grin

Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. I want to aak this question, do you really believe this paper is you want to be sincere, do the wordings of this statement make any meaningful agreement, the question I one want to ask is how did Dangote acquire 90% of the ownership and the real owner 10%, what are the circumstances , why is it not started in the documents? And who and were was the document signed, witnesses etc, let us not play tribal game here because majority of public properties are at wrong and illegal hands, let us be truthful for once

That can be confirmed from Corporate Affairs Commission, SEC and the shareholding structure of the company from the Registrar ie United Securities Registrar
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2022
integrity16:

The government is not the sole owner of obajana. The company is co-owned with with Dangote. They lost their sole ownership the moment 90% shares was transferred to dangote industries.

Most people on Nairaland have no knowledge about business law,
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Christistruth00: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
cool

How much is Dangote paying Kogi State for using it's limestone deposits
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by oyeb15: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2022
Why would u transfer 90%. The governor that signed that agreement personally has at least 30 of that 90. So 10 is now left for incoming government.

Dangote is secretly destroying this country. He's the main reason government failed to renovate our refineries cos He has dashed them shares in his Lagos refinery.

Dangote is really robbing Nigeria.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by klas(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Jonah2022:
Official: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi State Government and Dangote Industries Limited on Obajana Cement Plant

Extracts from the duly signed and stamped agreement:

1. Project was at conceptual stage in 1992

2. Preliminary feasibility study carried out in 1992

3. Obajana Cement Company Plc with Certificate of Incorporation No. RC208767 dated 4th November, 1992 is solely owned by Kogi state

4. Prospecting Right (Numbered PR No.14 of 2001 No.0053) was issued exclusively to the company

5. Kogi state offered and transferred 90% of its total shareholding in the company to Dangote Industries Limited

6. Kogi state is at liberty to sell half of its 10% equity to indigenes of the state by public offer or private placement

7. Kogi state shall grant Dangote Industries Limited tax waivers and exemption from levies for a period of 7 years from the date of commencement of production

Can you upload the page 4 of this Agreement which contains Clauses 10 - 15
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Yankee101: 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
At last we can talk now

Obajana cement belongs to kogi state

Dangote was invited to take majority control but with the hope the government will be made while by taxes and a 10% stake. But trust Naija business men
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Viraltrends123: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2022
drololaaof:

There are more to it than it was shown to us .
My questions is why is Kogi fighting for the soul of the company now ?
2 . Why is it only Dangote companies that are thriving all over Nigeria? Is the company acting as a front for some individuals?
Be asking stupid question till we loose it all. It's like my aunt tell us that why is it that our dad brother is the only rich man in the family. You don't know any billionaire apart from Dangote isn't it?
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Dannyfan(m): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
integrity16:

Did you read the attached document above?
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Olu1000: 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Yes,

Wow. Thanks ! The agreement did not even state how much was paid for the factory.How come the state gave Dangote 90% shares? That should be the question.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by integrity16(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2022
Dannyfan:
Did you read the attached document above?

You should ask yourself this question you are asking. What do you understand by sole ownership? Sole ownership means one person owning a business, like a one man business, even a secondary school student knows this.

The OP was magnanimous enough to put up some facts contained in the attached documents.

Amongst the facts stated that 90percent shares was transferred to Dangote by Kogi Government. Did you see that??
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gaby(m): 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
Abusive and intolerant, I feel sorry for the people that bear the burden of interacting physically with you. You must be a terrible thorn in their flesh.

Good to see you taking the lesson and notes.

Now, run along.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by SocialJustice: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
gaby:

Good to see you taking the lesson and notes.

Now, run along.

Copycat that can't read. Short 4 pages you can't read with comprehension. Blowing grammar because you heard people saying it without knowing the meaning.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by VERDA: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
Dangote has enjoyed ridiculous monopolies found no where else in the world .

I am with Yahaya Bello on this one. Dangote is an outrageous ilegal monopoly which should only exist in fantasy movies and comedy

Stop being emotional, was the deal legal or not?, You should blame the past kogi government.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by VERDA: 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2022
gaby:

Critical thinking demands that you try to challenge your brain to look beyond the physical and written in most of life's cases.

Make una wise up...

Agreement my arse.

See this mumu...no be only critical thinking, was it not the then kogi state government that signed the agreement with him??, What's my business with your critical thinking in a matter that I can do nothing about, why did the then kogi government not think critically before signing the deal...all these wanna be enlightened people, shift abeg.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by Okoroawusa: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
Fkmodhi:
The matter tie glee...
No be small gele o!
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gaby(m): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2022
VERDA:

See this mumu...no be only critical thinking, was it not the then kogi state government that signed the agreement with him??, What's my business with your critical thinking in a matter that I can do nothing about, why did the then kogi government not think critically before signing the deal...all these wanna be enlightened people, shift abeg.

Asswiped dingbat.

How about you accept the 1904 agreement signed and keep shut with the status quo about Nigeria.

Let's hope you can even make any sense of what I just wrote up there.

Dundees...
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gaby(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
Copycat that can't read. Short 4 pages you can't read with comprehension. Blowing grammar because you heard people saying it without knowing the meaning.

Lol....

Now, go play in the flood with your mates..
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by SocialJustice: 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
gaby:

Lol....

Now, go play in the flood with your mates..
No, I want to swim in your tears. grin Illiterate.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gaby(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2022
SocialJustice:
No, I want to swim in your tears. grin Illiterate.

Everyone on here knows I do not shy away from admitting that I am illiterate in the real sense of it. However, I do not forget to use my God-given brain in an attempt to make a sense of issues I am confronted with, unlike you and your likes, who deliberately went on to waste your parents' and community's money in school, yet, ended up coming out as nothing but Educated illiterates which is a worse case than an unadulterated illiterate.

Olodo..
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by SocialJustice: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
gaby:

Everyone on here knows I do not shy away from admitting that I am illiterate in the real sense of it. However, I do not forget to use my God-given brain in an attempt to make a sense of issues I am confronted with, unlike you and your likes, who deliberating went on to waste your parents and community's money in school, yet, ended up coming out as nothing but Educated illiterates which is a worse case than an unadulterated illiterate.

Olodo..
You're still blowing grammar, illiterate. Cry so I can swim.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by mrksquare: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
nero2face:
If only people know how dry Dangote has been milking Nigeria, this man don't pay dine for the free Raw materials at Obajana and Oyo mines...still subjecting the indigenes to a very hazardous situation

There is no way he won't pay royalties to the communities were the limestone is mined. Absolutely no way.
Re: Obajana: 2002 Agreement Between Kogi And Dangote Released by gudugudumeje: 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
What an obscene agreement? What a cripple and leper colony agreement? And what has been the returns to Kogi state for and in the last 20years?

Sheer armed and official robbery private sector participation OBASANJO and his cliques of instigators and violators thrive....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen: Nigerians And Biafrans Protest In London / Aliyu Giwa Weds Oyinkan Affinnih (Photos) / Saraki, Emefiele, Abdulfatah Visit Tshonga Farms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.