Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police (4985 Views)

Igbo Girl, Ifeoma, Abducted In Zaria: "I Want My Daughter Back" - Father / The Confusion Trailing Mikel's Father's Kidnap / Mikel's Father May Soon Be Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Princek12(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
Ojumiii:

missing and kidnapped, what is the difference, if you are not kidnapped how will you miss

morons called police

A kidnapped person may be considered missing if no one knew that the missing person was kidnapped.

A kidnapped person is not considered missing if the whereabouts of the person is known to be with kidnappers, even though the exact location of the victim has not been ascertained.
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by goggs(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
BizBooks:

You don't need a ransom demand to confirm kidnapping. Once an individual is held against their will, it becomes a clear case of kidnapping or false imprisonment. You know people are sometimes kidnapped for reasons other than money. For instance, one parent can kidnap a child in a custody dispute and relocate to another country.

The police may suspect a kidnapping, [b]but without  a ransome demand or other evidence(s) [/b]they (police) cannot assume.

@ Bisbooks. Read my post well. I said "other evidence(s)" so I am covered.

For instance, one parent can kidnap a child in a custody dispute and relocate to another country.

Thats not kidnapping. Its abduction

grinda:

But the kiddnappers ve contacted the family!

If they (kidnappers) have contacted the family then its settled. We have another case of kidnapping on our hands. With John Mikel Obi as the son (and most probably the ultimate target for the kidnappers(for ransome money)) this will get maximum publicity abroad. Another minus for Nigeria
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by JUO(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
dis 9ja police re foools  Angry
better one
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Baawaa(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
That is Nigerian Police for you!
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by kemisuga(f): 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
190_@:

maybe he fell inside well cry
190_@:

THEY SHOULD CHECK THE WELL AT THEIR BACK YARD undecided
@ 190 - U are just another human from Pluto grin
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by DeepSoul(f): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2011

Some people just do not have common sense - asking what the difference is between kidnapped and missing. Duh

The Police has done the right thing here. Until the so called abductors make contact with the family and demand for ransom, it is not a certified kidnap case.

Common sense is not so common afterall!

I was shocked to see even CNN report the case as an "abduction". Anything could have happened to him, really
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by DeepSoul(f): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
190_@:

THEY SHOULD CHECK THE WELL AT THEIR BACK YARD undecided

On a serious note, I have heard stories of missing people who were later found inside a well. No joke!
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Texther(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
Ferguson at work in Naija. He hasnt 4give d guy
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by dramenda(f): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
[q

Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by lexicon(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
Either missing or abducted. Let them (Police) just find him . PERIOD
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by austeken: 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
folks should remember that these guys (police) are humans and work in a very difficult terrain, therefore they can only act if they have the right information. please instead of condemning them, we should make available information at our disposal to them, afterall if we truly care for our dear country, then we should suggest ways forward and not condemn decisive step taking by our security agencies to make our environment safe,  peace to men.
wink wink
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by yomijnr(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
dramenda, you should bury your head in shame. If you can't even tell the difference between missing and abduction, you're a lost cause. People should be made to take IQ tests before being allowed to post on here
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
@yomijrn: u said it all. The man went out and dint come bck home and d family reported that to the police hence the comissioner is relating the report made at the station by his family 2d public. He was reported missing and nt abducted. No wonder loads of u faild ur waec n half baked at d university. The comissioner is absolutely right, Its simple english
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by philip0906(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
They should just release d old man. . .
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by BizBooks(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
goggs:

Thats not kidnapping. Its abduction

My friend, abduction and kidnapping basically means the same thing. In the legal field, they are used interchangeably in cases of one parent taking a child against his/her will. See more below:

In criminal law, kidnapping is the taking away or transportation of a person against that person's will, usually to hold the person in false imprisonment, a confinement without legal authority. This may be done for ransom or in furtherance of another crime, or in connection with a child custody dispute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by dramenda(f): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
[q
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by yomijnr(m): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
dramenda:

But there comes a moment in everybody's life when he must decide whether he'll live among the human beings or not - a fool among fools or a fool alone.
grin grin grin

I rest my case
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by nigerhead(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
smh @ the folks here who dont know the difference btw a missing person and a kidnapped / Abducted person ,

We know our police are incompetent alot of the time, but in this case there is nothing wrong with what they have said. As long as there is no evidence leaning on the kidnap theory, then the man is missing. People go missing everyday in Naija.
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Sike(m): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
Nunsense talk. Wot difference does it make? Person wey we know see, wetin we go take call am
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by jokingmary(m): 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sike:

Nunsense talk. Wot difference does it make? Person wey we know see, wetin we go take call am
Missing
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by blank(f): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
The guy WAS ABDUCTED! They have made ransome demands so what shiit are the police saying?
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by blank(f): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
People need to be informed before they start spewing thrash.
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by JimmyBoy1: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
Not surprised, since the statement came from Nigerian Police Force, my best guess is that the abductors are yet to make contact.
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by yourangel: 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Kidnappers who abducted the father of Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel contacted his family on Wednesday requesting a 20 million naira (£78,500) ransom for his release, Nigerian police said.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17082011/58/premier-league-kidnappers-ask-mikel-78k-ransom.html[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by olasquare: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
@190, u are right. make dem go check am inside well, or maybe na inside soak-away him fall or he don follow one chick go Ghana wey him forget to tell him pickin. @yomijnr maybe the pple think right or not, do u blame dem, can naija police be believed truly in any matter. there comment on the issue might just have been to paint the matter white and cover off their lack of sincerity and incompetence, but just as u said, it is far too early to reach a conclusion. so, i just think we just all need to be calm and sensible, refrain from any unfounded assumptions until a group, body, or person step forward to claim responsibility, on this note i agree with d police that he is missing, make dem look for am inside the canal
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by prettyG: 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by olasquare: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
Texther:

Ferguson at work in Naija. He hasnt 4give d guy
u are very funny lady texther, no be ferguson, he is a pastor, i know him.

BizBooks:

My friend, abduction and kidnapping basically means the same thing. In the legal field, they are used interchangeably in cases of one parent taking a child against his/her will. See more below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping
 bros, u sure say this is not d work of too much reading,, this na grammar, d guy fall for well for him backyard, he is not kidnapped coz no one has come to claim a ransom, for naija nobody will kidnapp without asking for a ransom, the thing na biz

yomijnr:

dramenda,  you should bury your head in shame.  If you can't even tell the difference between missing and abduction, you're a lost cause.  People should be made to take IQ tests before being allowed to post on here

for this one u say yomi, i think u don already pass ur own IQ test, see me to collect ur certificate, alright, good student.
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by olasquare: 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2011
prettyG:

They've made a ransom demand.
if then they have made demands, plz wen did dey do so?
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by ibatosh84: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
This is funny why is it that kidnapping always happen, pls let the government provide security for the people, last time it was the brother of Yobo now it's Mikel , please let the government find a solution for the sake of our people. angry
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by adedotman5(m): 8:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
Naija I hail oo,so the man na pikin wey comot house wey come forget his way back home
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by MeGaStReEt: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
fanny kantry
Re: Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 18, 2011
Our police has bad colour, they paint black just like their uniform.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drama As Two Young Ladies Fight In Public In Anambra State. Photos / 19-year-old Girl Kills Herself After Her Nude Pictures Were Sold On Social Media / Easter: FRSC Apprehends 5,630 Offenders, Impounds 3,205 Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.