Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years (18465 Views)

Danladi Umar: Abuja Mob That Attacked Me Chanted Secessionist Slogans / Amaechi: Chinese Firm Embarrassing Nigeria Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Stations / Raila Odinga Mocked Nigeria Over Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by omoyankee3(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2022
MKO...is our man o

Chai...I don old

1 Like

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Racoon(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2022
cheesy Those jingles of yesteryear.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Toluwanise247(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2022
Simekie:
Don’t forget that It was APC Northern governors that gave the presidential ticket to Tinubu. It is now becoming clearer that this was a perfectly planned job to shortchange Southern Nigeria of the presidency. Shettima will rule you if you vote for APC in 2023 election.
Let him rule us … One Nigerian one nation.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Racoon(m): 7:35am On Oct 11, 2022
Remember the MKO Abiola campaign jingles of 1993.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Bontafa: 7:36am On Oct 11, 2022
Hoedogwu:
If the devilish nairaland mods will not bring it to us, we will find it by ourselves!

By POPULAR DEMAND, here is one of Peter Obi's campaign jingles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5fTPfs9FJU

Super!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Racoon(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
This tune is taken from the old advert of Saturday Night Powder (remember Saturday Night Powder? It was made by AJ Seward in the 1970s and '80s).
I remember very sir. Thank you for refreshing memory.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by hollywater: 7:39am On Oct 11, 2022
That on it mandate song,is a big time scam. Nigerians don't fall for it again.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by jojothaiv(m): 7:41am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkrobz:

But at the end of the end who slogan help cuz all they care about is their own pocket. That's the sad reality cry
Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by id4sho(m): 7:41am On Oct 11, 2022
angry
APC-----CHANGE
Sai baba

#demonicparty
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Beverlyjean(f): 7:46am On Oct 11, 2022
Hoedogwu:
If the devilishly corrupt nairaland mods will not bring it to us, we will find it by ourselves!

BY POPULAR DEMAND; here is one of Peter Obi's campaign jingles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5fTPfs9FJU

God bless Peter Obi

The only jingle that has never been sponsored by a politician...but the youth...sweetest jingle ever

6 Likes

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by victorazy(m): 7:48am On Oct 11, 2022
Luty:
Peter Obi 2023

"Go and verify "
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by princewarri1985: 7:50am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
These are Nigerian political jingles and slogans that have been famous over the years. I've previously posted a video of this first slogan on Nairaland, but I can't find it at the moment.

This is 1983

Non burn bush oh, non break pipeline, non farm oh on oil pipeline, through the delta, through the land oh, and through the sea oil pipe dey pass, oh my people na from oil pipeline we country dey get money and the gas nepa dey use for our light oh so if you see person wey dey break pipeline, stop am now now oh and report am quick. THIS IS ONE OF THE POPULAR JINGLE BY THE GOVERNMENT THAT MADE OUR CHILDHOOD AWESOME

1 Like

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by naptu2: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2022
princewarri1985:
Non burn bush oh, non break pipeline, non farm oh on oil pipeline, through the delta, through the land oh, and through the sea oil pipe dey pass, oh my people na from oil pipeline we country dey get money and the gas nepa dey use for our light oh so if you see person wey dey break pipeline, stop am now now oh and report am quick. THIS IS ONE OF THE POPULAR JINGLE BY THE GOVERNMENT THAT MADE OUR CHILDHOOD AWESOME

Yeah, I remember it smiley. There are also others like

♪Me I like my country
I like the land and people
Everything e day for Nigeria
Make we join hands, to make Nigeria better♫

But they are not political party jingles.

1 Like

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by nihinlade(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2022
What of Oto ge! In kwara state?
Eko oni baje is another one too
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by abalog: 7:59am On Oct 11, 2022
Up Nigeria! Up Awo!
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by gabbasin(m): 8:00am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
These are Nigerian political jingles and slogans that have been famous over the years. I've previously posted a video of this first slogan on Nairaland, but I can't find it at the moment. Op, you got it wrong. It's One Nation, One Nigeria
One Nigeria, One destiny

This is 1983

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Shadysen: 8:02am On Oct 11, 2022
Toluwanise247:

you are a confirmed mad man. what happened to those people dying because of demonic government will happen to you, AMEN!
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Shadysen: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2022
Toluwanise247:

you are a confirmed mad man. what happened to those people dying because of demonic government will happen to you, AMEN! oh yeah, AMEN!
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Willie2015: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2022
Simekie:
Don’t forget that It was APC Northern governors that gave the presidential ticket to Tinubu. It is now becoming clearer that this was a perfectly planned job to shortchange Southern Nigeria of the presidency. Shettima will rule you if you vote for APC in 2023 election.

The North determines who becomes the President...
Cos our Southern folks are divided...
If Tinubu failed to win this election...
Atiku is still in line to pick the ticket....
Obi has no path to the Presidency without the North...
I hope we all understand the simple basics....
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
This is 2022

This song reminds me of football matches of the late 1970s and early 1980s.

On Your Mandate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwthM_5ylM
Op must always show his political bias and servitude.
The biggest political slogan of the 21st century in Nigeria is Sai Change yet you overlooked it for this obscure mandate video.
Even Jonathan's transformation ambassadors is more popular than this mandate you added to it.
It's not famous. As a matter of fact, it was Abiola who brought the slogan of "standing on mandate" into Nigeria's political lexicon.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by juman(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
This is 1993

The first advert (and song) was more popular in 1993. The second advert has become more popular since then.

On The March Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6vVSZ7wiE

Na Wa For This Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjAVFa_F5g

This is my forever best.

Money Kudi Owo Abiola, Mr money, baba Kola.
Nicest man ever in Nigeria.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by yomi531(m): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:
Have I forgotten any? Please add more.
U forgot the one Dbanj did for Gej 2011. I go vote for Goodluck Jona..
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by naptu2: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2022
yomi531:
U forgot the one Dbanj did for Gej 2011. I go vote for Goodluck Jona..

Please add it.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by juman(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2022
MKO.
Good man.
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkrobz:

But at the end of the end who slogan help cuz all they care about is their own pocket. That's the sad reality cry

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

Slogan helps. You see how Shagari overtook Awolowo in 1983

1 Like

Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Africana1123(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralPula:
I so like this picture
same here grin
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by juman(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2022
God punish all Nigerian generals..
Nigerian generals oloriburuku oleeeeeèeeeeeeee.

Thieveeeesssss
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by MrTed(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVBgbQ_vQ6w&feature=youtu.be

Here is one nice political jingle for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It is available for use even though I have never been paid or supported for this cause. I used my meagre resources ( Presently unemployed as I type this with a MBA SECOND CLASS UPPER)this with joy and no regrets. To be honest, I have been insulted ,called names, abused and shoved aside for supporting Tinubu ,of which I do not know in person but take to his likeness due to his antecedents of been a bridge builder and people lifter. I do not and will not preach, teach or spread politics of hate. Love and Unity is the bond that makes us stronger and keep us together.
Also may God grant Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the strength, will, ability and good health during this election period. Amen

So if you're looking for another campaign song, here is another shot. I pray this video goes viral to change or at least help my status.
I'm also a jingle maker, singer and songwriter. Thank you
Mr Teddy
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by Trill1(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2022
Okay
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by yomi531(m): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2022
naptu2:

Please add it.
I dont have it oo. Was just suggesting
Re: Famous Political Jingles And Slogans In Nigeria Over The Years by naptu2: 9:18am On Oct 11, 2022
I might be forced to play the 2 Radio Lagos tunes (the main ident and the commercial service tune) on the keyboard if I don't find it. The main ident was played on a talking drum and the commercial service tune was done on a saxophone, but I can't find them anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labor Party's Spokesman, Arabambi Abayomi Disowns Presidential Campaign Team / 2023: Abaribe, Ekweremadu Lose Out As PDP Orders Strict Compliance To Zoning / APC Holds Campaign Rally In Funtua LGA, Kastina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.