Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) (52213 Views)

Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] / Ajijola Ajimobi Graduates From University Of Warwick, United Kingdom (Photos) / Osinbajo And Joseph Timiyan, The Ebenanowean Of Ogulagha Kingdom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Africana1123(m): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2022
Atiku abubakar handshake akwa ibom king

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:54am On Oct 11, 2022
Smh. Probably because the man is not one of the top monarchs in the south and their culture permits such hand shake. It is not strange to see community heads dress and interact casually with the people especially in the SS.

Which one is Akwa Ibom king again? I believe there are more than a tribe in Akwa Ibom state.

Is that trainers that HE Atiku is wearing on Agbada?
check my signature for free stuffs!

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by robinso01(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2022
What is he supposed to do? I don't think Hausa/Fulani do prostrate according to their traditio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Africana1123(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2022
robinso01:
What is he supposed to do? I don't think Hausa/Fulani do prostrate according to their traditio

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by robinso01(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2022
[quote author=Africana1123 post=117462324][/quote]

I get ur point that he was supposed to bow.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by richidinho(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2022
Such a disrespect for the traditional institution

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by SmartPolician: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2022
I don't know if this is the case, but any king who has no regards for himself by frolicking with politicians shouldn't expect respect from them.

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by ITbomb(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2022
1. That is not Akuku Annang, it is Oku Ibom Ibibio

2. Akwa don't prostrate traditionally, we shake hands, pat on the back or embrace. We don't kneel or prostate

We do not bend the knee! (and we don't expect anyone to bend)

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by onomeabuja: 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
Africana1123:
Atiku abubakar handshake akwa ibom king
Obi miscreants no de tire
If the king like make him fold him hand, this is not covid 19 era, ATIKU is a gentleman and he's extending his hand of fellowship to akwa ibom king so what's d fuse here again( bcoz d king did stretch his hand) una worry ooo.
Atiku is a house hold name both south & north!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by emmabest2000(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
Atiku be like ....
Iam richer than any akwa ibom man

Why will I bow to their king

Abo-ki mentality grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by ChangetheChange: 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
B

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by christejames(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
That is now the old elites regard Southern Traditional Leaders, seeing them as people beneath them because they have amassed some ill-gotten wealth ... Tinubu's subjugation is even worse!

I bet if it's the North that this error of a simple greeting etiquette happened, all hell would have been left loosed.

That's why we need a new leader with a breath of fresh air in Nigeria.

Vote Wisely!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by tishbite41(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
Imagine the insult

8 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Miliscent: 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
angry

.well lips crossed on this one

If like reading novels as a hobby there is am an opportunity to make money with it send a message to the number on siggy
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Olojuobinrin(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
I love Wetin he wear for leg

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by omoadeleye(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
Uhm
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by blessedweapon(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
G
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by goshikid: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
All this obi fools ... What are you trying to tell us? Bunch of clowns and zombies

11 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by DevilSignature: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
How this news

This nairaland mods their heads dey touch sometimes
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Tareq1105: 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
richidinho:
Such a disrespect for the traditional institution

Does he have respect for southern traditional rulers?

3 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by DankemzI(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Nigerian youths the time has come that politicians will come with sweet words and cash to deceive you, collect what ever is given and demand for more... Remember Atiku has a Dubai house if you vote a disaster you'll return to the trenches broke

5 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
This Traditional ruler no get level na, when Atiku reach Benin nobody go tell am how to respectfully greet Oba of Benin. Level pass level and na packaging they show am.

12 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Wisetrue99: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
With everything going on in this country, is this an issue now
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by DevilSignature: 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
goshikid:
All this obi fools ... What are you trying to tell us? Bunch of clowns and zombies
you don smoke again, I guess.

Stay out from marijuana

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Estate In Ogun State (Photos) / Ex Governor Obiano's Achievements In All Sectors During His Tenure (Pictures) / Photos Of Chris Ngige's House In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.