Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,978 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) (52405 Views)

Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] / Ajijola Ajimobi Graduates From University Of Warwick, United Kingdom (Photos) / Osinbajo And Joseph Timiyan, The Ebenanowean Of Ogulagha Kingdom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by duro4chang(m): 2:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
robinso01:
What is he supposed to do? I don't think Hausa/Fulani do prostrate according to their traditio
They bow and squat

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Thonee(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Akwa Ibomites don't prostrate to greet, they can't copy others but it's wrong to shake an elderly person with one hand, talkless of shaking a king.
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Ubekus: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
That's how to greet political chief, you cannot try that with oba of Benin kingdom, the know born you well.

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by 66spirit(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Who brought this post here? Can you tell us the traditional mode of greeting a monarch in ibibio? I like to believe you are not up to some fishy info droppings?

3 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by viodemus: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
no be human being.

fg and sg makes sure these fakes parading as royals all over Nigeria get salaries every month and year, but will owe civil servants and deprive Nigerians for months and years. Both the government and the fakes masquerading as royals, don't bother. As long as they can oppress the people, everything is fine.
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by anonimi: 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
SmartPolician:
I don't know if this is the case, but any king who has no regards for himself by frolicking with politicians shouldn't expect respect from them.

Was that why Thiefnuibu disrespected the Ooni below

buksarki:
Tinubu will be the worstest leader if he ever elected as president go mark my word. Only when election is drawing near you will see him doing give away but Peter Obi has been showing empathy to Nigeria even when he never considered of running for president. See your Tinubu prostrating for kalu mother all because of election but fail to prostrate to Yoruba king.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/divided-views-as-tinubu-sits-to-greet-ooni-of-ife-at-onirus-coronation/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by goshikid: 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
DevilSignature:
you don smoke again, I guess.

Stay out from marijuana
Zombiedient, no go campaign for your village headmaster dy wail on top atiku matter. E go clear you for eyes
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by sageb: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
Africana1123:
Atiku abubakar handshake akwa ibom king

No swag
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by wekesiv9: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
Soo thats d only thing u saw there, d red rug ko?
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by samuelson06(m): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
ITbomb:
1. That is not Akuku Annang, it is Oku Ibom Ibibio

2. Akwa don't prostrate traditionally, we shake hands, pat on the back or embrace. We don't kneel or prostate

But why's the man not sitting to greet him? Why leave your seat as a traditional ruler to greet someone? That's very wrong.

5 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by hotseat: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
These two-for-kobo monarchs sef!

Make e go try that "morofoko" with the Oba of Benin make e know how far if that him hand no go shrink like tiko meat.

The Oku was perhaps expecting some dollars in return for his servitude!

IDIOTA!

3 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Onuoha1234(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
Idle men and seeking attention to gain vantage po#ition when the political dollar will be up for grabs.ì
l

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by DevilSignature: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
goshikid:
Zombiedient, no go campaign for your village headmaster dy wail on top atiku matter. E go clear you for eyes
Atiku is an active failure, he will definitely fail again. Usually a presidential aspirant

3 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by pacificom: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
I don't think the controversy is about bowing , but the contradictory gesture by which the two hands met. Atiku must have been well informed about their tradition regarding greetings before meeting the monarchy.

2 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by nesphil(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
You fooooools won't let us hear a word.
This handshake doesn't stop Akwa Ibom from growing ok.
We don't worship kings where we come from, except God Almighty.
You can go ahead and worship yours if he's the one that's putting food on your table ok.

Ubekus:
That's how to greet political chief, you cannot try that with oba of Benin kingdom, the know born you well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Andytyx(m): 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
ITbomb:
1. That is not Akuku Annang, it is Oku Ibom Ibibio

2. Akwa don't prostrate traditionally, we shake hands, pat on the back or embrace. We don't kneel or prostate
What are you trying to say? Atiku is now from Akwa Ibom state right that he can't prostrate to greet.
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by excel112: 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
Maybe he taught, HE Atiku would observe COVID-19 Protocol but HE Atiku knew that COVID-19 was a scan.
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by timota(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
Understanding the tradition will save u people the headache, in Akwa Ibom ,we only bow to God,apart from God everyone is hand shake,even the grand children of the king will still shake him when greeting
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by nesphil(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
There are kings but one is always higher than others in terms of office.
Oku ibom ibibio is the President General of Akwa ibom State Traditional Rulers Council.

if a handshake with the king is acceptable here, I don't know why all these urchins are complaining here.

FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Probably because the man is not one of the top monarchs in the south and their culture permits such hand shake. It is not strange to see community heads dress and interact casually with the people especially in the SS.

Which one is Akwa Ibom king again? I believe there are more than a tribe in Akwa Ibom state.

Is that trainers that HE Atiku is wearing on Agbada?
check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by showafrica(m): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
Africana1123:
Atiku abubakar handshake akwa ibom king

Fulani don't respect anybody in the south. To them, you are all slaves. Only you can given yourself value, vote wisely

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by nesphil(m): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
You're an idiooooooot,
You people have been worshipping your oba for centuries now, how has that put food on your table nor brought development to Benin

if a handshake is an acceptable mode of exchanging pleasantries between a man in the class of Atiku, then why are you urchins crying more than the bereaved

sagitariusbaby:
This Traditional ruler no get level na, when Atiku reach Benin nobody go tell am how to respectfully greet Oba of Benin. Level pass level and na packaging they show am.
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by nesphil(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
if a handshake is an acceptable mode of exchanging pleasantries between a man in the class of Atiku and the Monarch, then people shouldn't complain.

All Kings are political as far as Nigeria is concerned and that's the truth.
And it wouldn't even make sense if a King is apolitical.

SmartPolician:
I don't know if this is the case, but any king who has no regards for himself by frolicking with politicians shouldn't expect respect from them.

1 Like

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by anonimi: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
emmabest2000:
Atiku be like ....
Iam richer than any akwa ibom man

Why will I bow to their king

Abo-ki mentality grin

Thiefnuibu must be an aboki asslicking wannabee Fulani then, going by your logic, not so

NaijaRoyalty:
…Says Buhari doesn’t have my kind of money

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, has again stated that he is richer than Osun State and that he indeed said he was richer than Osun State during the run-up to the Osun State governorship election last year.

This comes months after Tinubu’s media team had claimed the APC chieftain was quoted out of context.

Tinubu had during the countdown to the Osun governorship election last September, paid a visit to the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, where he boasted that he was richer than Osun State.

While addressing party faithful ahead of the postponed Presidential and National Assembly elections in Lagos last Thursday, the former governor of Lagos State said he indeed made the statement but he did not know he was being recorded.

The APC chieftain also boasted that President Muhammadu Buhari did not possess the kind of money he can steal, adding that he did not even need to go to the Government Secretariat, Alausa, before he could get money.

He said, “They insulted me and said I used my mouth to speak anyhow. However, that rough-handedness paid off in Osun. They claimed that we brought candidates from Lagos to become governors in Osun; people like (Rauf) Aregbesola and (Gboyega) Oyetola.

“If we train your children, and they become experts in their fields, won’t we ask them to come home to make things better? How much is your money that I’ll embezzle? You can’t match my pocket. I told them so, and their traditional rulers were seated.

“They were even recording the incident and published it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/i-said-i-was-richer-than-osun-state-tinubu-admits/%3famp

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
[quote author=Africana1123 post=117462324]
that was too fast. Throwing fact directly like that. Calm down
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Babandia27: 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
i dont blame Atiku but the Governor Udom........As u lay ur bed, u lie down same

For this insult, Akitu, you will fail come 2023

2 Likes

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Theunbothered: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
SmartPolician:

You are very correct cheesy

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by Yankiss(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
The Oku Ibom set the stage by standing up from his throne. How do we blame Atiku? Ooni, Olu of Warri, Oba of benin would never stand up from their throne to greet a politician.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
When first class meets second class. Na so dem de do
Re: The Handshake Between Atiku & Oku Ibom Ibibio Of Ibom Kingdom (Photos) by onuman: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Probably because the man is not one of the top monarchs in the south and their culture permits such hand shake. It is not strange to see community heads dress and interact casually with the people especially in the SS.

Which one is Akwa Ibom king again? I believe there are more than a tribe in Akwa Ibom state.

Is that trainers that HE Atiku is wearing on Agbada?
check my signature for free stuffs!

Pitiable handshake from the King to Atiku who jumped into the 2023 presidential race solely to avoid a possibility for any southerner in PDP to succeed President Buhari.
From Day 1, Atiku's presidential ambition had centred on power to his north.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tayyip Erdogan: Terrorists Who Tried To Oust Me Are In Nigeria / Some Tinubu Supporters in Nnewi Celebrate Presidential Election Result (Video) / 'NUC Declares Aisha Buhari’s Certificate Fraudulent' - Nigeriantimes.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.