Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives (45395 Views)

UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules / Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers / US-Iran Face-Off: Tougher Screening Awaits Nigerian Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Ademola47(m): 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
‘Japa’: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives

The United Kingdom is considering tightening the rules on how many relatives migrants can bring into the country.

According to Daily Mail, UK, it has been discovered that Nigerian migrants bring in the highest number of dependants when compared to other groups of migrants.

Government sources said the Home Secretary, Suella Braverman was considering tightening the rules on dependants after Home Office immigration figures showed a “surprising inconsistency” across different nationalities coming to the UK to work and study.

Based on the Home Office report, Nigerians accounted for 40% of all dependants who accompanied foreign students in the 12 months to June - despite Nigerian students making up just 7% of all foreign students in that period.

Some 34,000 Nigerians were given study visas in the UK, bringing with them a total of 31,898 dependants. A similar ratio was recorded for work visas, with 8,972 Nigerians issued with one in the 12 months to June bringing with them 8,576 dependants.

By comparison, 114,837 Chinese students who came to the UK last year brought with them a total of 401 dependants - while 93,049 Indian students came to Britain with 24,916 dependants, the figures show.

https://www.facebook.com/punchnewspaper/photos/a.219576771413826/5969359449768834/?type=3&app=fbl

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Ebubu: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
omo who come abroad go try help em relatives na

i no fit attack them jawe

na those we love be dat

and they didn’t break any existing law

UK dey fûck up

after milking our country and bringing dia relatives in 20th century

215 Likes 15 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by hisexcellency34: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2022
After using the relatives as workers to improve your economy

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by press9jatv: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2022
Uk government should just calm down joor.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by DevilSignature: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
cheesy

Better country wey de work

6 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by kingsways: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
This man that Tinubu sold to Nigeria has destroyed our country

Everyone wants to leave. Those who can leave have left while all the others are either still saving money or makings plans to leave

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by EMMANUELNATION(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
See wetin our leaders dey cause up and down, ooga ooo

18 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Olam09(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lol
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Firstcitizen: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
cheesy
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Lemmy123(m): 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
See UK o... Wey me I dey reason connect like 30 of my friends and relative if I don go next year...

Them never talk where dey pain them

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by GeneralPula: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Good one..

Before they’ll start cultism and robbery in UK..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by ExtremeDot: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
My Naija people go always find way to beat the system/rules.

No be 9ja again?

Omoo! From the bar chart, it's almost like, for every Nigerian student that enters UK, a dependant/relative comes along.

Taking advantage of an opportunity no be crime.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ways to Entering Europe keeps getting harder with each passing day.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Parachoko: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Them go start giving priority to Nigerian students without dependent.

29 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by pocohantas(f): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lol

My cousins (same blood) went as husband and wife. Whenever I think of how they plan to handle that situation, I develop headache.

beautyhd:

No long thing but to divorce citing any reason

I know right. But that would take years I believe. I don’t know how many years. I am not so sure of their ages now, but I am sure the guy is 30ish (+/- 1). So for how long would they play this game? They both have partners. The girl has a baby daddy sef in Nigeria.

40 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Pwettylinda(f): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
grin
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Boyooosa(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by incandescentena: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022

Nigerians no need UK again

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Badaelepo(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Before we turn UK to another thing lol

3 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by baggioni: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
I can't blame them.
Britons are patriotic to their country which we lack here

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by peacettw: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
We have mastered the art of destroying every opportunity handed down to us and it's just sad. Next is Canada

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
undecided
But they said we don't help each other

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Zetty177x: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
U took us as slaves when we were not ready..milked us dry..now we are ready to bamboozle ur land but u deny us visas....u forcefully colonized us and brought strange tribes together and fused them together. For example, why am I in a country where a particular tribe like to lick Fulanis a*$$ and be slaves? These set of people have taken us backwards for several years. This is 2022 and we are living like we are in AD!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Pwettylinda(f): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
press9jatv:
Uk government should just calm down joor.
Go fix your stupid shithole country

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Dialpad: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Some people will always spoil opportunities for others.
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by gabemuyi: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Them Shankar's is 2 much Wetin sef
Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Wecaxil(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ebubu:
omo who come abroad go try help em relatives na

i no fit attack them jawe

na those we love be dat

and they didn’t break any existing law

UK dey fûck up

after milking our country and bringing dia relatives in 20th century

1 Like

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by brain54(m): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lol…
Students and dependents almost 50/50.
Trust me Nigerians no Dey carry last.

30 Likes

Re: UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives by Guyman01: 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
Japa is not for only one person, na community dey join hands pray for it to materialise so that you can carry along the whole community to abroad for better life

42 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The $70 Million Oshodi Bus Interchange (pics, Video) / Anambra Int'l Airport: Passengers Picking Their Luggages From Carousel: Video / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.