Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) (62812 Views)

Company Tests Flying Car In Public, Gets 273 Orders In Minutes (Pics, Video) / US Air Force Unveils Flying Car That Could Shuttle Troops Across War Zones (Pix) / Meet SOFIA, World's Biggest Flying Observatory With A Flight Cost Of N35.9M/Hr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by luckyz4rea(m): 10:25am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:
This is amazing, I'm still mystified by China's rapid technological rise.

Why can't we build something like this in Nigeria?
Where are the nigerians that went to Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, etc
They can only speak big English

Because we are consumers instead producers
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by chiedozie198100: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:

Where are the nigerians that went to Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, etc

What is stopping you from building it?
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by peacettw: 10:31am On Oct 12, 2022
Nwodosis:
Na big drone I just dey see

Thank you
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by goslowgoslow(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:

That is the problem with Nigerians! Who told you that you must be a graduate to do that? All what Nigerians know is certificate! Do you see here on NL Nigerians that construct different things without having gone to school?

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by maasoap(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2022
Nwodosis:

Drones don't carry human beings.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Evilblackman(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2022
Shoodboi:

I mean road-legal tires. Tires that would allow it to drive on regular roads with cars.

Read what you typed well if it makes any sense
Tire na tire
The land mobile tires and airplane tires does the same thing
The location doesn’t matter
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by obedience4(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2022
Evilblackman:

Okay that’s true, but can it carry humans like a normal transportation system does?
Drones are not flying cars thats the point

You are right,
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by maasoap(m): 10:37am On Oct 12, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
The whites are innovative while the blacks like Emilokan are looting and stealing with no foresight

Chinese are not whites, ignorant. And the one who was associated with looting internationally is Mr Obi Pandora
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Evilblackman(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2022
obedience4:

You are right,

Don’t mind those people calling it drone they’re just claiming savage and some of them don’t know the difference

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 10:39am On Oct 12, 2022
Nwodosis:

Honestly. I been think say na only me see am, abi na my phone screen get problem.
This is a quadcopter, for simplicity. Okpari.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Evilblackman(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2022
PreacherMan007:

Does a plane have no wheel? grin grin
Olodo

You never see plane before
No dey disgrace your self na

Well the design of the car wasn’t meant to have wheels
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by juniorstar(m): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Fira09:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUhzk8lCtL4

[url=https://m-tribuneindia-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/m.tribuneindia.com/news/world/chinese-flying-car-x2-makes-1st-public-flight-in-dubai-440570?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16655521668668&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tribuneindia.com%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fchinese-flying-car-x2-makes-1st-public-flight-in-dubai-440570]SOURCE[/url]
This would be upwards of 700,000 to 1.5 million dollars
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Broveens42(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2022
Ykc2:
once you know how to speak English like Chris okotie in naija then your educated,nigeria don't produce cigarette light or tiger battery then you want to build flying car?

Nija education na for mouth.. they can't even solve simple problem let alone bigger ones ..I had this experience of a guy back then, who had problem with charging space because the sockets were all filled up.. even with his own socket he couldn't device a means to plug his , since one of guys charging had 2 pin charger grin
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2022
JASONjnr:
Chinese don go far oh.....

You can't take it from them.... They're good and this is what we will experience if Peter Obi takes over.....

With all the skills embedded Individuals that we have in this country..A good governance is all we need.

Go far bawo?
This is a quadcopter and you can build one if you understand aerodynamics. Especially these days when we have DIY kits all over the place.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by jimyjames(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:

Those who went to Harvard, oxford, Cambridge etc didn't go there on government scholarship and after finishing school most of the remained there to better their lives , Nigeria is still at a backward stage were the tribe and region of a person matters more than what he can offer

2 Likes

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by superCleanworks(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2022
[img][/img]
TheOgaBoss:
what about helicopters, they have propellers too.

If you have been in a chopper before you wouldn't compare it to this tiny engine rider. And i don't really like helis too.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2022
oshonky:
I thought there’d also be wheels since it’s called a car

You have a point there. Haven’t seen more valid features to make describe this as a car
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Ajiboye592(m): 11:00am On Oct 12, 2022
God bless you ooo my brother. na Drone be dis naa grin grin grin
Nwodosis:
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2022
oshonky:
I thought there’d also be wheels since it’s called a car

Valid point. No predominant car features.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Wuppdex: 11:06am On Oct 12, 2022
Very soon, BBnaija house of Tech working on it... mtcheeew

God1000:

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by salem1996: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:

Xpeng is either run by an individual or government or certain individuals.

In Nigeria, even if you are innovative to this degree, no one will even think about you except comments on media that's all.

My friend told me of some students in Bauchi Polytechnic that made this engine that powers electricity with batteries. He said it can power up to 4 hours.

During the project Defence people commented them and the engine was sold to someone. The money was not given to the students and no one seems to pick interest in the machine to even call them back for partnership. Is very sad.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by infogeneral: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2022
Car or drone?
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by ejikoz(m): 11:12am On Oct 12, 2022
China has already advanced ahead of the US. A visit to Shanghai usually leaves Americans in shock: High Speed Trains, Completely Cashless Society, Drone Delivery (both flying & road drones), Highest Number of Electric cars on Earth. It's why the US govt is fighting hard to prevent China from attaining tech dominance in Microchips, specifically in sub-14mm chips

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by BJanta: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2022
This is NOT a flying car , but a small
helicopter. Nothing novel.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2022
Evilblackman:

Read what you typed well if it makes any sense
Tire na tire
The land mobile tires and airplane tires does the same thing
The location doesn’t matter

Baba, stop quoting me if you cannot grasp simple concepts. All I said was that adding wings and tires to a car is hard and plain weird. I never said airplanes don’t have tires. Neither did I say anything about location, so I don't know where you got those from.
That said, how could you say airplane and car tires do the same thing? They are different. The only thing they have in common is that they are made of rubber. Pilots control airplane tires using foot pedals or hand cranks, and not with the airplane's yoke (steering wheel) as car drivers do.

Airplane tires don't function like regular car tires. Airplane tires are built to move an airplane in any direction at low speeds and in a single direction at high speed. Car tires are built to move a car in any direction at high and low speeds.

Airplane tires are built to withstand high load for a low amount of time. Car tires are built to withstand regular pressure for a high amount of time. Airplane tires are thicker and have less threading because friction is required to be low at high speed. Car tires are lighter and have lots of threading because friction is required to be high at high and low speeds.

The tires a flying car needs to land and takeoff (aka behave like an airplane) is different from what it needs to move on a regular road and behave like a car. If a manufacturer uses regular car tires on a flying car, they'd have a car that is good on road but horrible when taking off and landing. If they use aircraft-standard tires, they'd have a flying car that is good at landing and takeoff but horrible on the ground. The car would be heavy on the ground and in the air too.

Many flying carmakers have tried solving this problem with little success. A few use modified car tires but those have always been inefficient. Some moved to smaller tires, like the ones used in tricycles but those ones are no better. The common trend is to invent a new category of tires altogether, like airless tires and all, but that too has been a problem.

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:40am On Oct 12, 2022
superCleanworks:
I wouldn't sit in those propeller based things.
high risk biko.
looks like a magnified drone.
Helicopter is what?
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 11:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Reference:

I think you need to read further and wider to see that there is nothing novel about these technologies that have been demonstrated in America and Europe since the late 90's.

Reason why they are not in commercial production anywhere in the world is the lack of framework for public deployment.

China is not the leading nation in this technology.

God bless you. Very few understand this. China is seldom ahead in tech, but numbers.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 11:52am On Oct 12, 2022
Dottore:

Oga I didn't tell you they are leading in the technology. I said that their stepping into it will demystify the technology and make it very affordable just like they did in other technology sectors. Without the Chinese efforts, commodities like mobile phones,bled TVs, etc could have been properties of status symbol and items of luxury today.

Guy relax. Find water drink.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Karnice600: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
Quadcopters like this are the future of flying cars. Flying cars have been a failure so far because trying to add wings to a car or adding tires to an airplane is just hard and weird.

It was challenging. Not anymore. Better things have evolved.

1 Like

Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by ViktorCash: 11:57am On Oct 12, 2022
Traffic go still dey for Lagos even if dem bring this one grin
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2022
God1000:

Its not about knowledge building a product like that is quite easy, in fact the only problem with flying cars right now is battery problem. The issue is fund, people with the fund are not ready to risk in new tech, in fact they don't want to risk their money at on anything that is why Nigeria is broke. Most of the wealthy countries today are driven by private investors.
Re: Chinese 'flying Car' Makes First Public Flight In Dubai (pictures) by Gbeng30(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2022
Interesting, when would naija think about something like this...May God help this country called Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Is This Car Worth? (Photos) / How Innoson Military Trucks Are Manufactured (Photos, Video) / 500 Nigerian Used Cars Sale Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.