Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian (741 Views)

Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. / An Ex-christian Greek, Aged 36, Embraced Islam After Being Inspired To Read The / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2022
Few days ago, I was traveling, got on the phone, gave some verses in the Bible and Qur’an. I alighted then a man swiftly walked up to me and the following conversation ensued ;

Man: Sorry sir

Me: Yes?

Man: this is the first time I am seeing a Muslim quote the Bible

Me: Eeyah, Actually, I was a Christian, now a Muslim.

Man: Ah, I have seen Muslims become Christians, I have never seen a Christian become Muslims

Me: eeyah, it is because you don’t want to see sir. There are millions.

Man: but why did you change?

Me: As you can see, I am heading somewhere and we are in the public, I will give you my phone number so you can contact me (gives him the number)

Man: Thank you, which area are you heading to?

Me: I am walking down the road

Man: I am going the same way, I will stop at FCMB. could you please tell me why you reverted while we keep walking?

Me: Okay… I don’t even know where to start. Well, for a start, the true mode of worship is lost in Christianity. In Matthew 26:39, The Bible says Jesus bowed to God, even Satan asked Jesus to bow to him in Matthew 4-8,meaning that Satan also knew what reverence is there to bow down in worship. In 2Kings 17:36, the Bible asks us to fear God alone and to Him alone should we bow in worship. Jesus never clapped , sing, jumped, wiggled, twisted while worshiping God rather he bowed. So, all modern forms of worship in Christianity today were not taught by Jesus neither did he went to church on Sunday in the Bible.

Man: But David clapped and sang to God.

Me: are you a Davido or a Christian? If you are a Christian, follow Jesus. I really wish there is time. You believe Jesus died for your sins, right?

Man: Yes

Me: Do you love Jesus?

Man: Of course, anyone who rejects Jesus shall perish.

Me: you really do love him?

Man: very very dearly.

Me: were you to be alive about 2000 years ago and Jesus was about to be crucified, and it is in your capacity to save him, would you save your darling Jesus or let him die?

Man : (Laughing), you this man ehn…

Me: You see, Jesus prayed to God to be saved from death if God wills, being exceedingly sorrowful in Matthew 26:39 while Hebrew 5:7 confirms that his prayer was heard attesting to Psalm 37 :28 which says God does not forsake his righteous proving to us that the one saying “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” in Matthew 27 :46 and Mark 15:34 couldn’t have been Jesus since God doesn’t forsake his righteous ones.

Man : You are just quoting verses upon verses

Me : are they not in your Bible?, I am giving you these verses so you can note them down then confirm them when you get your Bible. Can someone who wasn’t sent to the world die for the world?

Man : I don’t understand

Me : Jesus forbade his disciples from going to the house of the gentiles nor to the city of the Samaritans because HE WAS SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL in Matthew 10:5-6, And having ignored a woman from Canaan seeking healing for her daughter, he said that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel in Matthew 15:24, so Jesus couldn’t have died for the sins of humanity.

Man: You don’t understand. In the olden days, they do kill animals as atonement for their sins. Why are you no longer doing it today, it is because Jesus died for us.

Me: Haha, the Egyptians weren’t making such sacrifice not even the Canaanites, no nation except Israel. Also note that, The supposed crucifixion of Jesus changed nothing in the tradition of Israel, he was crucified according to the Bible as a criminal not as an atonement for their sins. He was a common man, of no eminence amongst the Jews and he was hunted. That aside, In Ezekiel 18:20 and Deuteronomy 24:16, the Bible says The son shall not die for the sins of father and vice versa, everyone shall bear the consequences of their actions either righteousness or iniquity, so why should Jesus die for us?

Man: (stammering and trembling), are you now saying that the Bible is fake because I once saw a Muslim who said the Bible is fake.

Me: That Muslim does not know what he is saying

Man: Exactly.

Me: Perhaps he is confused as to which Bible he should choose as the word of God given that the Catholic Bible consists of 73 Books and the protestant Bible consists of 66 books not to mention the Jewish orthodox Bible and others. You know it could be much more confusing when you even realise that the protestant Bibles themselves do not agree. For instance, the NIV, RSV, NWT unceremoniously expunged sixteen verses from their own Bible which are present in the KJV. Check the NWT, you will find Romans 16 :23 and 25 but you won’t find verse 24.

Even, the each Bible contradicts itself in contrast to the Qur’an which is sacrosanct not because it is above criticism but it is void of corruption, being incorruptible and has remained in its pure pristine purity for over a Millennium. So, the Muslim might be right. If he says the Bible is fake, give him the original.

Man: Well, I don’t judge if one religion is good or bad, all I know is that everybody should practise what they want.

Me: But I didn’t stop you for a conversation, you did. look, what is that?

Man: A car

Me: Why are you judging?

Man: I didn’t.

Me: Fine. You see, pointing out what is wrong as wrong is not judging, it is just like calling a car a car.

Man: See, I know Many Muslims. Muslims believe in God, and they believe there is Allah and Allah is the slave of God.

Me: (talking amidst laughter) Please, what did you eat this morning? You must have eaten frozen rice (استغفرالله العظيم).

Allah means God in Arabic and Muhammad (SAW) is believed to be the Messenger of Allah (God). Just contact me since you now have my number.

Man: okay, thank you.

Me : You are welcome.

If the disbelievers can’t stand answering simple questions from Muslims who are mere mortals, questions that make them fret, stammer and tremble, how are they going to withstand being questioned by the creator of Heaven and earth? الله سبحان و تعالى

May we not go astray… Ameen

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman
https://knowislam.com.ng/when-a-christian-questions-an-ex-christian-bashir-lucas-samson-lukman/?fbclid=IwAR3FGIHhyYWs-kccMefmN0ODNZNcjD0gwB8n7hgcXeC_-Wc6J0Udv6urfbA

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 10:43am On Oct 12, 2022
we will rather follow the son of God who never sinned.. but paud for our sin rather than following a cock sucking "prophet "

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:
we will rather follow the son of God who never sinned.. but paud for our sin rather than following a cock sucking "prophet "

The ending of your sentence really showed the effect of too much "Holy Spirit" in you. More like "Mpkuru Mmiri"!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

The ending of your sentence really showed the effect of too much "Holy Spirit" in you. More like "Mpkuru Mmiri"!
what i said is it a lie?

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:

what i said is it a lie?

Yes, Holy Spirit lie!

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

How will you follow a religion that promise orgy heaven but still orders you to kill any one not Moslem... i mean ya prophet is a common criminal

3 Likes

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes, Holy Spirit lie!
lolzzz the same spirit that strangled ya criminal
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes, Holy Spirit lie!
oya prove it...
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by budaatum: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:

Funny. If you followed the Son of God who never sinned, why are you sinning?

Or is the bold not a sin against your neighbour?

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Dtruthspeaker: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Few days ago...
May we not go astray… Ameen...

Correction! The thread should be when a church goer questions an ex-church goer!

A person ought to know that he has gone astray after he has traveled from Lagos to Benin city and it has taken more than 10 hours of continuous driving, yet he has not reached Benin.

"We each walk the path, that we've chosen" DMX
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
budaatum:

Funny. If you followed the Son of God who never sinned, why are you sinning?

Or is the bold not a sin against your neighbour?

cuz am human i was born in sin nobody thought me how to sin i learnt on my own that why i need the saving grace of my lord and my personal saviour JESUS CHRIST... And the holy spirit to guide me in all my doings so as to overcome sin and the devil...
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by smachboss01(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2022
funny how Moslems believe that are following the right path yet won't admit all the wrong doings of there so called prophet...
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Balerion: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:

cuz am human i was born in sin nobody thought me how to sin i learnt on my own that why i need the saving grace of my lord and my personal saviour JESUS CHRIST... And the holy spirit to guide me in all my doings so as to overcome sin and the devil...
You weren't born into sin. A child is born pure hearted. You learned both good and bad on earth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Balerion: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:
funny how Moslems believe that are following the right path yet won't admit all the wrong doings of there so called prophet...
What wrongdoings?
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by budaatum: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
smachboss01:

You were not born to sinsmach, you learnt to sin just as you learned to eat and poo, and you who learned to sin can always learn not to sin.

That Jesus Christ is not only a saviour, he is a great teacher who teaches one not to sin. Study him well is what I'd suggest, instead of just believing in him.

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by budaatum: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
Balerion:

You weren't born into sin. A child is born pure hearted. You learned both good and bad on earth

Thank you!
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by advocatejare(m): 7:26am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Me: Okay… I don’t even know where to start. Well, for a start, the true mode of worship is lost in Christianity. In Matthew 26:39, The Bible says Jesus bowed to God, even Satan asked Jesus to bow to him in Matthew 4-8,meaning that Satan also knew what reverence is there to bow down in worship. In 2Kings 17:36, the Bible asks us to fear God alone and to Him alone should we bow in worship. Jesus never clapped , sing, jumped, wiggled, twisted while worshiping God rather he bowed. So, all modern forms of worship in Christianity today were not taught by Jesus neither did he went to church on Sunday in the Bible.
Did Muhammad use misbahaha to pray?

Did Muhammad go to assalatu on Sunday?

Did Muhammad create Nasfat?

Did Muhammad sing like you Muslims are singing today?

Did Muhammad celebrate Maulid Nabiyy?

You and your Lucas are just confused.

Me: are you a Davido or a Christian? If you are a Christian, follow Jesus. I really wish there is time. You believe Jesus died for your sins, right?
David danced to Yahweh and we can dance to Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by advocatejare(m): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Few days ago, I was traveling, got on the phone, gave
Me : Jesus forbade his disciples from going to the house of the gentiles nor to the city of the Samaritans because HE WAS SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL in Matthew 10:5-6, And having ignored a woman from Canaan seeking healing for her daughter, he said that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel in Matthew 15:24, so Jesus couldn’t have died for the sins of humanity.
Unfortunately the confused author didn’t know anything about Islam before he joined it.

Muhammad was not sent to the whole world:

It is stated in the Quran that no messenger (Rasool) was sent except in the language of his people. That’s the logic of Islam and Quran.

Muhammad only spoke Arabic and hence, according to that Quranic verse, muhammad was sent only to the Arabs and not the whole world as he couldn’t speak all the languages in the world!

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allāh sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”
-Quran 14:4

Also, it is stated in the Quran that the Quran was revealed to warn the people of Mecca and those around. Quran was not sent to the whole world, if you’re not an Arab, the Quran wasn’t sent to you.

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allāh and avoid ṭāghūt." And among them were those whom Allāh guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed [i.e., travel] through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
-Quran 16:36

Allah said that he sent messengers to every nations. Muhammad was sent in the language of his people and the Quran was sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings, you Nigerian Muslims should go and look for your own messengers that was sent to you!

“And thus We have revealed to you an Arabic Qur’ān that you may warn the Mother of Cities [i.e., Makkah] and those around it and warn of the Day of Assembly, about which there is no doubt. A party will be in Paradise and a party in the Blaze.”
-Quran 42:7

Muslims are always quick to lay claim that another part of the Quran said muhammad was sent to the whole world! If that is true, then it negates what Allah said about the

-Quran being sent to the people of Mecca and surroundings

-Messengers being sent in the language of their people (Muhammad could only speak Arabic)

-Muhammad only preached and used wars to convert the people of Mecca and surroundings to Islam and he never commanded his followers to preach his message to the whole world like Jesus did.

Jesus instructed his disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world to highlight the fact that he was sent to the whole world and his message is to the whole world. Muhammad on the other hand never made such a declaration

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.
-Mark 16:15

Matthew 24:14: ―And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come

Brother Lucas, Antichristian, motayoayinde, haekymbahd and his likes are just confused

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by elated177: 9:57am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Few days ago, I was traveling, got on the phone, gave some verses in the Bible and Qur’an. I alighted then a man swiftly walked up to me and the following conversation ensued ;

Man: Sorry sir

Me: Yes?

Man: this is the first time I am seeing a Muslim quote the Bible

Me: Eeyah, Actually, I was a Christian, now a Muslim.

Man: Ah, I have seen Muslims become Christians, I have never seen a Christian become Muslims

Me: eeyah, it is because you don’t want to see sir. There are millions.

Man: but why did you change?

Me: As you can see, I am heading somewhere and we are in the public, I will give you my phone number so you can contact me (gives him the number)

Man: Thank you, which area are you heading to?

Me: I am walking down the road

Man: I am going the same way, I will stop at FCMB. could you please tell me why you reverted while we keep walking?

Me: were you to be alive about 2000 years ago and Jesus was about to be crucified, and it is in your capacity to save him, would you save your darling Jesus or let him die?

Me: You see, Jesus prayed to God to be saved from death if God wills, being exceedingly sorrowful in Matthew 26:39 while Hebrew 5:7 confirms that his prayer was heard attesting to Psalm 37 :28 which says God does not forsake his righteous proving to us that the one saying “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” in Matthew 27 :46 and Mark 15:34 couldn’t have been Jesus since God doesn’t forsake his righteous ones.

Me : are they not in your Bible?, I am giving you these verses so you can note them down then confirm them when you get your Bible. Can someone who wasn’t sent to the world die for the world?

Man: You don’t understand. In the olden days, they do kill animals as atonement for their sins. Why are you no longer doing it today, it is because Jesus died for us.

Me: Haha, the Egyptians weren’t making such sacrifice not even the Canaanites, no nation except Israel. Also note that, The supposed crucifixion of Jesus changed nothing in the tradition of Israel, he was crucified according to the Bible as a criminal not as an atonement for their sins. He was a common man, of no eminence amongst the Jews and he was hunted. That aside, In Ezekiel 18:20 and Deuteronomy 24:16, the Bible says The son shall not die for the sins of father and vice versa, everyone shall bear the consequences of their actions either righteousness or iniquity, so why should Jesus die for us?

Man: (stammering and trembling), are you now saying that the Bible is fake because I once saw a Muslim who said the Bible is fake.

Me: Perhaps he is confused as to which Bible he should choose as the word of God given that the Catholic Bible consists of 73 Books and the protestant Bible consists of 66 books not to mention the Jewish orthodox Bible and others. You know it could be much more confusing when you even realise that the protestant Bibles themselves do not agree. For instance, the NIV, RSV, NWT unceremoniously expunged sixteen verses from their own Bible which are present in the KJV. Check the NWT, you will find Romans 16 :23 and 25 but you won’t find verse 24.

Even, the each Bible contradicts itself in contrast to the Qur’an which is sacrosanct not because it is above criticism but it is void of corruption, being incorruptible and has remained in its pure pristine purity for over a Millennium. So, the Muslim might be right. If he says the Bible is fake, give him the original.

Man: Well, I don’t judge if one religion is good or bad, all I know is that everybody should practise what they want.

Me: Fine. You see, pointing out what is wrong as wrong is not judging, it is just like calling a car a car.

Man: See, I know Many Muslims. Muslims believe in God, and they believe there is Allah and Allah is the slave of God.

Me: (talking amidst laughter) Please, what did you eat this morning? You must have eaten frozen rice (استغفرالله العظيم).

Allah means God in Arabic and Muhammad (SAW) is believed to be the Messenger of Allah (God). Just contact me since you now have my number.

If the disbelievers can’t stand answering simple questions from Muslims who are mere mortals, questions that make them fret, stammer and tremble, how are they going to withstand being questioned by the creator of Heaven and earth? الله سبحان و تعالى

https://knowislam.com.ng/when-a-christian-questions-an-ex-christian-bashir-lucas-samson-lukman/?fbclid=IwAR3FGIHhyYWs-kccMefmN0ODNZNcjD0gwB8n7hgcXeC_-Wc6J0Udv6urfbA

You already know that I am not a Christian. However, since you have mentioned the Scriptures, you have attracted my attention.

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman, is this how you proselytize?
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by advocatejare(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Another lie Lucas didn’t know that there are many versions of the Quran

Muhammad died in 632 AD

Abu Bakr the first Caliph ruled for 2 years during which he started the first compilation and he completed it before he died and kept it.

The second caliph Umar ruled for 10 years from 634-644AD and he was in custody of manuscripts until he died after which Hafsa his daughter kept custody of it.

During the rule of Uthman (who ruled 12years after Muhammad had died) that is more than 12 years after the first Quran was compiled. Uthman ruled for 12years so in between those 12 years while he was ruling, people called his attention to the different ways people were reciting the Quran (which has been the norm even when Muhammad was alive and he didn't think of unifying the Quran into one dialect because Muhammad himself said the Quran was revealed to him in 7 different dialects)

But Uthman decided to unify the Quran into one standardized version when neither Allah nor Muhammad gave him such Instruction when he was alive.

"...So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies."... Sahih Bukhari 4987

So Uthman sent for the manuscript with Hafsa
"...So 'Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to 'Uthman. 'Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, 'Abdullah bin AzZubair, Said bin Al-As and 'AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham [b]to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies."... Sahih Bukhari 6:61:510 or 4987

So Uthman then ordered his scribes to write the new Quran in the dialect of the Quraysh and when they were done with their editing and standardization they buried the evidence of their alterations by burning the evidence.

"...'Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt..." Sahih Bukhari 6:61:510

[b]Hence the Quran sent to all provinces were compiled during the reign of Uthman who started ruling 12 years after Muhammad died and ruled for another 12 Years and the compilation and editing was done within his 12 Years of rule, which was 652 A.D. 20years after Muhammad had died

Also, as at that 652 A.D. there was no diacritical marks in Arabic language, it only came into existence in 8th century and the 9th century, long after Muhammad had died and long after Uthman had given out his own standardized version of the Quran

The arabic skeletal script is without the diacritical marks and vowelization:
Fathah = ah
Dhammah = oo
Kasrah = ii

None of the above dialect marks existed in the time of the prophet or Uthman in 652 AD and the present day Quran has them

That means nobody in the world has the original Quran with the original language without diacritical marks and vowelizations and that means the Quran compiled is not the same as the one Muhammad received

WHERE IS THE QURAN GIVEN TO MUHAMMAD?

If you ask a Muslim to bring a Quran he will bring out one of the 25 versions of the Quran [b]That means all the current Quran you have in the world today are fake because Utman destroyed all the other Qirats and gave you only one Qirat but 300 Years after, ibn mujahid synthesized the new 7 Qirats from nowhere and that's the source of the Quran you're reading today.[/b]After the compilation they burnt other manuscripts of the Quran which was against what Mohammed said, Mohammed said the Quran was revealed to him in 7 different dialects but after Uthman and Zayd were done with their fabrications they burnt all the other Quranic manuscripts including the other dialects of revelation. The instructions to burn the other manuscripts was never given by Muhammad before he died nor by Allah, Zayd and Uthman only acted on their own accounts, and they burnt the evidence to cover up their fabrications and gave the Muslim world the revised edition of the Quran. But the Shia were angry because they knew the Quran had been corrupted. The Muslims continue to read Uthmanic codex of the Quran until 934 AD when ibn mujahid read that Muhammad actually said he received the Quran in 7 different dialects but since Uthman and Zayd had burnt the other dialects up, ibn mujahid then created his own 7 dialects of the Quran which are Nafi; ibn Kathir; ibn 'Amir; Abu Amr; Asim, Hafs; Hamzah; al-Kisai.In 1924 in Cairo Egypt, The Hafs manuscript was edited into the Quran you have today.Hence today's Quran is not the same as the one Mohammed received, it's not the same as the one Uthman and Zayd fabricated, it's a different one entirely. Go and learn my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Zc67FrpWU

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by elated177: 10:10am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

John 6:11 Yahushua then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

John 11:41 So they took away the stone. Then Yahushua looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42 I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

John 17: 17 After Yahushua said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Mark 7: He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means “Be opened!”).

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman, what did Yahushua the Messiah do in the Scriptures highlighted above?
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by elated177: 10:36am On Oct 13, 2022
Antichristian/Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman, the Scriptures didn't give us, the saints, servants, followers and messengers of YHVH Almighty, specifications on how the saints, servants, followers and messengers of YHVH Almighty, of Yahushua the Messiah, should pray.

We pray as the Set-apart Spirit (Holy Spirit) of YHVH Almighty leads. Sometimes we groan when praying, rejoice when praying, cry when praying or even laugh when praying.

We can bow down while on our knees. We can bow our heads while standing. We can lie faced down on the ground or on the bed. We can lie with our backs to the ground and our faces looking to the heavens. We can kneel down with our hands outstretched or spread wide apart and our faces lifted to heavens. We can stand, sit down, squat, etc, and our prayers will still be heard, even before we start praying.

You see, Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman/antichristian, the saint, servant, follower or messenger of YHVH Almighty, of Yahushua the Messiah, has not committed any sin if he or she takes any of those positions during prayer. In fact, what pleases our Father in heaven, YHVH Almighty, the most is obedience to his Commandments. It is this obedience that qualifies us to pray to him.

You see, Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman/antichristian, the position taken by a saint, servant, follower or messenger of YHVH Almighty, of Yahushua the Messiah, does not determine how YHVH Almighty treats his or her prayers. Nope! What grants such saint, servant, follower or messenger of YHVH Almighty audience is his or her obedience to the Commandments of YHVH Almighty.

Some of us even pray while walking along the road.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by elated177: 11:13am On Oct 13, 2022
AntiChristian:

Me: are you a Davido. You believe Jesus died for your sins, right?

This is puerility!

King David was a man after YHVH's heart. He was the best king in Israel. King David set such a great standard that no king in Israel could measure up to or surpass. His ways pleased his Creator. King David sang and danced to his Creator, his God, YHVH Almighty, and he was pleased with him because he was obedient to his Commandments.

Yahushua the Messiah, the Word and the begotten Son of YHVH Almighty, died for my sins and for the sins of the whole world.

AntiChristian:

It is the duty of a person's God to save the person and not the other way round. Is it not hilarious making such a statement, Lucas/antichristian? I think it quite absurd and hilarious and outrageous.
Moreover, Yahushua the Messiah had already told his disciples and followers what his mission on earth was.

John 18: 11 Yahushua commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me? 36 Yahushua said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Matthew 26: 52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Yahushua said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”

AntiChristian:

Hebrews 5: 7 During the days of Yahushua’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

What were you trying to establish by quoting Hebrews 5:7? Explicitly state it.

AntiChristian:

Is there any need to continue with the responses? Ultimately, I have shown you that you don't know what you are saying.
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
AntiChristian:
1. Me : Jesus forbade his disciples from going to the house of the gentiles nor to the city of the Samaritans because HE WAS SENT TO THE lost sheep of israel in Matthew 10:5-6, And having ignored a woman from Canaan seeking healing for her daughter, he said that he was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of israel in Matthew 15:24, so Jesus couldn’t have died for the sins of humanity.
I am afraid your Bashir is wrong on even the claim above. undecided

Jesus Christ never forbade His disciples from going to the gentiles nor to the city of the Samaritans. Instead, when He first sent them out, this before His death, He sent them only to the people of Israel, living right there in the land, describing them as sheep that are lost.
5 Jesus sent the twelve men out with these instructions: “Don’t go to the non-Jewish people. And don’t go into any town where the Samaritans live.
6 But go to the people of Israel. They are like sheep that are lost.
7 When you go, tell them this: ‘God’s kingdom is now very near.’
8 Heal the sick. Bring the dead back to life. Heal the people who have leprosy. And force demons out of people. I give you these powers freely, so help others freely.
9 Don’t carry any money with you—gold or silver or copper.
10 Don’t carry a bag. Take only the clothes and sandals you are wearing. And don’t take a walking stick. A worker should be given what he needs.
11 “When you enter a city or town, find some worthy person there and stay in his home until you leave.
12 When you enter that home, say, ‘Peace be with you.’
13 If the people in that home welcome you, they are worthy of your peace. May they have the peace you wished for them. But if they don’t welcome you, they are not worthy of your peace. Take back the peace you wished for them.
14 And if the people in a home or a town refuse to welcome you or listen to you, then leave that place and shake the dust off your feet.
15 I can assure you that on the judgment day it will be worse for that town than for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 15
After His resurrection, however, Jesus sent then sent His disciples into the vast world, to preach the Gospel to people in every corner of the earth, teaching them to obey His commandments. undecided

And there is a reason for this. You see the Lost of Israel whom Jesus Christ proclaimed He came for, aren't simply Israelite sinners living right there in the Land of Israel. According to God, He scattered them to all corners of the earth - every tribe, every language, and every Nation - and Jesus Christ was sent to gather them all back from all corners of the earth during the time of the resurrection. His mission, according to God's declaration in the Law, and through the Prophets, is a global one. undecided
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by TenQ: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Few days ago, I was traveling, got on the phone, gave some verses in the Bible and Qur’an. I alighted

Strawman arguments is the best Muslims can offer.
Ask them who Allah is, they don't know because the Qur'an and Mohammed speak with double mouths.

Go face the hundreds of contradictions and embarrassing history of your Allah, Mohammed, Qur'an, Hadiths and Tafsirs!

Who is this Allah as Muslims certainly don't know!

A prophet who coveted and took married the wife of his adopted Son and thereafter cancelled adoption is a Messanger of Satan!

Cc: LegalWolf
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 4:54am On Nov 05, 2022
TenQ:

Strawman arguments is the best Muslims can offer.
Ask them who Allah is, they don't know because the Qur'an and Mohammed speak with double mouths.
Seems you just learnt logic. You'll come to a thread with a different topic and start your own topic under it. What kind of logic is that?

Go face the hundreds of contradictions and embarrassing history of your Allah, Mohammed, Qur'an, Hadiths and Tafsirs!

Who is this Allah as Muslims certainly don't know!
There's no contradictory statement in Islam. We have the explanations. Whoever is ignorant and is waiting for a non existent holy ghost to teach him will be ignorant forever!

A prophet who coveted and took married the wife of his adopted Son and thereafter cancelled adoption is a Messanger of Satan!

Cc: LegalWolf
Same nonsense! But we know Allah is not one and three like your Gods.

He can't die like your God.

He is too great to be born vaginally like you to become a human and start suffering like an animal!

He is too great to require a parent to protect and feed him.

Allah does not arose like a drunken warrior as described in psalm. All the best names and attributes are his!

At least we know Allah is just one!

1 Like

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 5:01am On Nov 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid your Bashir is wrong on even the claim above. undecided

Jesus Christ never forbade His disciples from going to the gentiles nor to the city of the Samaritans. Instead, when He first sent them out, this before His death, He sent them only to the people of Israel, living right there in the land, describing them as sheep that are lost.
After His resurrection, however, Jesus sent then sent His disciples into the vast world, to preach the Gospel to people in every corner of the earth, teaching them to obey His commandments. undecided

And there is a reason for this. You see the Lost of Israel whom Jesus Christ proclaimed He came for, aren't simply Israelite sinners living right there in the Land of Israel. According to God, He scattered them to all corners of the earth - every tribe, every language, and every Nation - and Jesus Christ was sent to gather them all back from all corners of the earth during the time of the resurrection. His mission, according to God's declaration in the Law, and through the Prophets, is a global one. undecided

If Jesus never forbade them then verse 5 above is what?

The second command was just damage control. When was he now sent to the world and not only to Israel anymore?

Was he being sent only to Israel a lie?

The way the woman was even treated and called a dog is an evidence against your theory!
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Nov 05, 2022
AntiChristian:
if Jesus never forbade them then verse 5 above is what?
The second command was just damage control. When was he now sent to the world and not only to Israel anymore?
Was he being sent only to Israel a lie?
The way the woman was even treated and called a dog is an evidence against your theory!
Again, I am afraid your Bashir is wrong on even the claim above. undecided

5 Jesus sent the twelve men out with these instructions: “Don’t go to the non-Jewish people. And don’t go into any town where the Samaritans live.
8 Heal the sick. Bring the dead back to life. Heal the people who have leprosy. And force demons out of people. I give you these powers freely, so help others freely.
10 Don’t carry a bag. Take only the clothes and sandals you are wearing. And don’t take a walking stick. A worker should be given what he needs.
11 “When you enter a city or town, find some worthy person there and stay in his home until you leave.
13 If the people in that home welcome you, they are worthy of your peace. May they have the peace you wished for them. But if they don’t welcome you, they are not worthy of your peace. Take back the peace you wished for them.
14 And if the people in a home or a town refuse to welcome you or listen to you, then leave that place and shake the dust off your feet.
15 I can assure you that on the judgment day it will be worse for that town than for the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. - Matthew 10 vs 5 - 15
After His resurrection, however, Jesus sent then sent His disciples into the vast world, to preach the Gospel to people in every corner of the earth, teaching them to obey His commandments. This time, Jesus Christ did not mention that they only go to the Israelites or the lost sheep of Israel alone. undecided

And there is a reason for this. You see the Lost of Israel whom Jesus Christ proclaimed He came for, aren't simply Israelite sinners living right there in the Land of Israel. According to the Law and the Prophets, God scattered them, the Lost sheep of Israel, to all corners of the earth - every tribe, every language, and every Nation - and Jesus Christ was sent to gather them all back from all corners of the earth during the time of the resurrection. His mission, according to God's declaration in the Law, and through the Prophets, is a global one. Even the man or woman standing right next to you could be one of the lost sheep of Israel for whom Jesus Christ came for and you would have no way of knowing this at all. undecided

Continuing to insist on only those particular verses which contain quotes of Jesus Christ that fit your particular ideas amounts to cherry-picking, a fallacy, rendering your claim invalid.
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by NNTR: 5:28am On Nov 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Correction! The thread should be when a church goer questions an ex-church goer!

A person ought to know that he has gone astray after he has traveled from Lagos to Benin city and it has taken more than 10 hours of continuous driving, yet he has not reached Benin.

"We each walk the path, that we've chosen" DMX
"I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Poet William Ernest Henley (1849–1903)

You're the captain of your destiny.
Yes, you as the captain defines your route, where you want to go with your ship

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 5:38am On Nov 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

After His resurrection, however, Jesus sent then sent His disciples into the vast world, to preach the Gospel to people in every corner of the earth, teaching them to obey His commandments. This time, Jesus Christ did not mention that they only go to the Israelites or the lost sheep of Israel alone. undecided

Continuing to insist on only those particular verses which contain quotes of Jesus Christ that fit your particular ideas amounts to cherry-picking, a fallacy, rendering your claim invalid.

You refused to highlight verse 5 which is where Jesus forbade them.
You are the one Cherry picking not me.

There are two actions from Jesus! The clear one was him saying he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel calling the gentiles "dog" and Israelites "master".

The woman even admit she was a dog and dogs do eat the crumbs that fall on their masters table.

So Jesus then gave her the crumb healed her daughter.

So in essence nothing essentially cancels the statement that Jesus was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel.

Jesus never preached to the woman. She is a dog. And the crumbs doesn't include her salvation!
Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by Kobojunkie: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2022
AntiChristian:
You refused to highlight verse 5 which is where Jesus forbade them. You are the one Cherry picking not me...

18 So he came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth is given to me.
19 So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
20 Teach them to obey everything that I have told you to do. You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time.” - Matthew 28 vs 18 - 20

And there is a reason for this. You see the Lost of Israel whom Jesus Christ proclaimed He came for, aren't simply Israelite sinners living right there in the Land of Israel. According to the Law and the Prophets, God scattered them, the Lost sheep of Israel, to all corners of the earth - every tribe, every language, and every Nation - and Jesus Christ was sent to gather them all back from all corners of the earth during the time of the resurrection. His mission, according to God's declaration in the Law, and through the Prophets, is a global one. Even the man or woman standing right next to you could be one of the lost sheep of Israel for whom Jesus Christ came for and you would have no way of knowing this at all. undecided

Re: When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian by AntiChristian: 5:44am On Nov 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

I thought Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever?

So after the resurrection he changed his earlier statement?

Did he then meet the woman dog to preach to her?

God doesn't change!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Drippin Dior / Why Does The Bible Contradict Itself? / Peter Cardinal Okpaleke Emerges Anambra Man Of The Year 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.