Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand (53572 Views)

50% Of Biscuit Manufacturers Shut Down In 30 Years — MAN / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Why Are The Owners Of Oriental Hotel Lagos Exiting Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by anonimi: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2022
tolumizzy:
Igbo amaka joor

So what is stopping Igbo people from working on making their own place like China if they are really amaka

anonimi:
David Hundeyin
May 4, 2022

I want to sell a script to a Hollywood studio. The story is about a guy who owns a farm that constantly runs at a loss but never quite shuts down.

The farm is massive and underutilised, and the protagonist has all the opportunities in the world to improve its output and get a bumper harvest.

He has access to credit, machinery, free irrigation and gifts from neighbouring farmers, but all he ever does with these things is drink and smoke them away while his family suffers.

Nigeria has refused to grow up and achieve something, but it somehow feels as if it is living vicariously through the achievements of its estranged children around the world

Apart from drinking, smoking and generally being utterly useless, his other pastime is to pump out children at an industrial rate. Needless to say, he takes no care of his children whatsoever, and many of them fail to survive childhood.

Those who do survive have to leave the farm and hire themselves out as hired labour to the neighbouring farmers, having picked up some survival skills from home.

With time, a number of them rise through the ranks and become senior managers, directors and even shareholders in these other farms while their father continues mismanaging his farm.

When good news about some of these successful children gets home, their father is filled with pride and joy, but when they end up on the wrong side of life, he acts as if he never knew them.

The successful ones make efforts to revamp their childhood home by sending back money and volunteering their skills and time, but all this guy ever wants to do is be a 62-year-old underachieving idiot carried through life by charity and luck.

Famzing” diaspora success is dishonest
I’m sure before the end of the second paragraph, you figured out whose story I was telling. The 62-year story of post-independence Nigeria — which the Hollywood studio would surely reject for being too sad with no redemption — is that of our fictional antihero.

Nigeria has refused to grow up and achieve something, but it somehow feels as if it is living vicariously through the achievements of its estranged children around the world.

Remember how everyone from corporate brands to Abike Dabiri made a big song and dance about supporting Anthony Joshua the “Nigerian,” whose only chance to become someone in life came when his parents emigrated from Nigeria?

Remember how things turned when he somehow lost against that chubby Mexican dude whose name I can’t remember? Remember when the Super Falcons won the female AFCON title and received a congratulatory tweet from the president, only for them to have to stage a protest before being paid their camp allowances?

That’s what we do in Nigeria. We try to live vicariously through the achievements of people who have achieved great things under their own steam, simply because said people happen to be called ‘Ifeoma,’ ‘Efe’ and ‘Ayotunde.’

Even when Nigeria had absolutely nothing to do with said success, or in fact happened in spite of Nigeria, as with Divine Oduduru, we bask in the reflected glory of their personal achievements.

Sometimes when those people wear a Nigerian flag or post something about Wizkid or Jollof Rice on Instagram, we go crazy with the Nigerian flag emojis because oh my god, they identify with us!

This is not about being a Killjoy
Somehow, the complete failure of Nigeria and our complicity in its failure is more bearable when we point at Nigerian immigrants doing great things in life and say “I knew Femi before he started calling himself Anthony.

His father and I were classmates in Aiyetoro.” It is unclear how exactly this helps our situation but hey, it’s also unclear how chugging the amount of alcohol we do helps either.

Escapism is a key part of our culture, and anyone who dissents must be a non-Jollof-eating, vegetarian heretic, and possibly also an atheist.

Now while all this is painfully cringey to my eyes, some will also point out that Nigeria is not the only country that has a weird obsession with its diaspora population.

Even ‘first-world’ countries like Ireland continue to have deep emotional and economic connections to their diaspora, and in any case Nigerians proudly supporting Anthony Joshua or the NBA’s Giannis Ante…African-sounding-name is basically harmless fun. They’re not hurting anyone. Why be such a killjoy, David?

The reason this matters can be found in a quote that has been dubiously attributed to Russian President Vladmir Putin, where he describes Africa as the place where its diaspora does not invest in, but returns to only to die and be buried with their ancestors.

While there is no concrete evidence that Mr. Putin ever actually made that comment, the truth in it is painfully poignant.

For diaspora success to be meaningful to Nigeria, it must correlate to on-ground results in Nigeria. The example of Somalia shows that having a well-educated, globally successful diaspora while being an absolute basket case are both possible at the same time.

I’d imagine we do not aspire to be Somalia.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by sunsewa16: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
My chairman, he is a good man, he welcomed me in China 2003,and also sheltered me in my early month in Guangzhou China, twale oga

Sunny igba China

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by RepoMan007: 7:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
He has no corporate setting snapshot to give the media. Two piece of paper and one pen looks too hurriedly put together for me.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by kestolove95(m): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
Few of those people that succeeded in pushing drug.... Legitimate business can never come from those people
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Ybaby: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
AnambraPeople:

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/meet-the-anambra-man-who-is-one-of-the-owners-of-a-global-biscuit-brand/

Exactly why we can never the Igbos escape from Nigeria.... these people are the economy of this great nation.

Let's treat Igbos fairly so they can dead that succession talk.... we need them more than they need us.

I love the biscuit I ate so much of it during lock down but back on my diet now.

Igbo kwenu ....eh!!! Kwenze nu!!!

p.s I am Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by folake4u(f): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
Annahh:
I really like the biscuit, it's now a bit costly.

Omo. I love it too oh. cheesy
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by DLuciano: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wawelexy:
Impressive, one of the reasons I love the igbo people, their hustling spirit is 100%, you find them in every continent, but the bad eggs among them are the one giving them a bad name, tho every tribe has their bad egg....

let him not near Nigeria shore o! Enemies of progress too much for Naija, before you say Jack Robinson they don kpai the guy.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by funshint(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
But is this a post or a paid advert
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by FuckOsuPigs: 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wawelexy:
Impressive, one of the reasons I love the igbo people, their hustling spirit is 100%, you find them in every continent, but the bad eggs among them are the one giving them a bad name, tho every tribe has their bad egg....

Na so we talk for Invictus Obi until breeze blow and we come see fowl nyansh

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by davidque: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
A welcomed news
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by kay29000(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
Wawelexy:

True. I always appreciate their hustling spirit in Alaba when I was into selling DVDs and CDs back in the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by stanluiz(m): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
Okoyeebo:
These ones are celebrating biscuit.
The other day, Abia government was launching a bakery.

Others are talking of seaports and airports, you are talking about biscuits and bread.

30 years from now, your children will be blaming others for the stupidity and shortsightedness of their fathers.
A biscuits factory that will create 1000 jobs. Don't be daft.

Enugu, Imo and Anambra has airport.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Emdebby2: 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nice one
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by tillaman(m): 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Igbo amaka. I see Biafra competing with China for industries and commerce. I see Biafra becoming the economic hub of Africa after attaining her independence from Nigeria.

This I have seen.
una matter tire person o
Which one you want gan gan Shey na biafra you want or Make PO become President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Danisaint112(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
My namesake and from my state too.

People I know called Chibuzor are always great. It might take them sometime to attain their height but when they o the whole world shouts. Love live Chibbuzo Oraeto
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Munzy14(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Seeing the headline alone, My guess where.

1 Igbo man.

2. From Anambra..

Blessed people..

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Proudlyomonna: 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
Igbo Amaka.
Igbo na-eme ihe di ukwu 24/7.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Stanleyq: 11:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
AlafinofEnugu:
Now that Nnamdi kanu has been released
Pick one either u still want Igbo presidency or biafralla grin
all.
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by sonety2k(m): 12:33am On Oct 14, 2022
Following
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Cutehector(m): 1:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
If not us na who na?
tell them.
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Obamaofusa: 3:09am On Oct 14, 2022
lol
FAKE COMPANY.
No website.
Fake Chibuzo Oraeto.
There is no Searite group but Searight group.
Any global business or even regional business will have a website.
and deceit.
If my Igbo people post anything,try to verify because it is always a lie 90% of the time.FADAELLA is made by....

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by sharone21(f): 4:35am On Oct 14, 2022
Danisaint112:
My namesake and from my state too.

People I know called Chibuzor are always great. It might take them sometime to attain their height but when they o the whole world shouts. Love live Chibbuzo Oraeto

It is the Igbo version of Muyiwa and Demola....Even Ifeanyi( males)....Great after going astray then, if lucky or their parents prayer strong, will now come back to grace path.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by gideonvalor98(m): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2022
Wawelexy:

But they will still be rooting and supporting those BAD EGGS because they felt 'na my brother' instead of exposing or telling the hard truth. They're full of hypocrisy...and also 'fear of the unknown'....or known' - POVERTY...BOOSTING... SHOWOFF'S

Soludo recently charged the Igbo parents to do more on PARENTING. most Igbo parents have neglected their duties.
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Lucascruiz(m): 6:16am On Oct 14, 2022
AnambraPeople:

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/meet-the-anambra-man-who-is-one-of-the-owners-of-a-global-biscuit-brand/
op you posted a fake copy of their brand, the brand is fadaella oatmilk by searites, you can be sued for false information on the brand

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Onuoha1234(m): 6:18am On Oct 14, 2022
Very good show. Even after 21yrs stay in China.he is now building part of SEARITE, his company, in Nigeria.God support him in all ways.

1 Like

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by step272: 6:23am On Oct 14, 2022
And 8 knew that he must be an igbo man
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by step272: 6:25am On Oct 14, 2022
step272:
And i knew that he must be an igbo man
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by Obamaofusa: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2022
AnambraPeople:

I am SHERLOCK HOLMES with zero tolerance for lies grin

FAKE COMPANY.
No website because there is no Searite group. Searite group is fake.
Fake Chibuzo Oraeto.
There is no Searite group but Searight group and it is not owned by any Nigerian.
Any global business or even regional business will have a website.
and deceit.
If my Igbo people post anything,try to verify because it is always a lie 90% of the time.
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by freechuks05(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2022

Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by frankyfranky(m): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2022
Nice one
Re: Meet Chibuzo Oraeto: One Of The Owners Of A Global Biscuit Brand by DangoteIvy: 4:21am On Nov 20, 2023
Sweet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Wives Of 10 Most Successful Nigerian Billionaire Businessmen -Pics / Somebody Won 36.7 Million Naira From Bet9ja Today / Shade Okoya Celebrates Her 44th Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.