Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion (7596 Views)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Deizani Alison-Madueke Denies Leasing Planes For 10 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu allegedly acquires First Nation Airways (formerly Bellview Airlines).

According to source, shortly after Tinubu completed the takeover of the airline in 2010, he ordered for three new aeroplanes from the United States of America to beef up the fleet of the airline.

The planes were delivered in early April 2011 and are at the Murtala Mohamed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos already painted with the airline’s name and logo.

The Airbus A320 is assembled in Europe and has sitting capacity of 220 passengers.

It can travel at a range of 3,100 to 12,000 KM.

The cost of one aircraft is put at $85 million (N13.6 billion).Our checks revealed that the aircraft is the very first on Nigerian soil, only few airlines in Europe and America have this type of aircraft.

The former Governor, who served the people of Lagos from 1999-2007 reportedly has other business interests in the Lekki Toll Services, Eko Atlantic City.

He is also the promoter of The Nation Newspapers.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/107608-former-lagos-governor-asiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-buys-3-planes-for-40-billion.html
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
where is tinubu getting this money from shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ACN i bow o

i mean 40 billion just like that undecided

wat job is he doing apart from being a politician

if he owns a business, where did he get that money from

i mean in this present day niaja, some people are still spending 40 billion like it is chicken change
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2011
someone should please tell me where tinubu is getting his money from
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by phantom(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^why are you asking a question you know the answer to?
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
phantom:

^^^^why are you asking a question you know the answer to?

i am asking because i am confused undecided

does being a former state governor = being a multi millionire multi billionaire

not even 1000 million or 10 billion

BUT 40 BILLION shocked from where and how did he get such money

certainly not from lagos state angry seriously
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by phantom(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^âre you sure? grin grin
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by RoadStar: 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
Another instance of lazy press.
No mainstream daily in Nigeria has carried this new.
The only instances where a link between the airline an tinubu has been mentionen in Nigerian dailies in the past had used the word "allegedly".

First Nation Airways, the newest bride in the nation’s aviation industry has is set to take delivery of three modern Airbus A320 series as it prepares to commence local operations in May.
One of the aircraft painted in green and white colours flew into the country a week ago and it is being parked at the Murtala Mohammed Airport in Lagos.

With the inscription, First Nation boldly on the body and a white eagle on the tail the aircraft is configured into two classes, eight full leather business seats and one hundred and thirty-eight economy seats.
A statement signed by the corporate Affairs Manager, Ronke Kilaso, said the airline would be headed by an expatriate Managing Director while Kayode Odukoya of the defunct Bellview Airlines would chair the board.
She also stressed that the new airline was purely an independent entity from Bellview even though it was benefiting from wealth of experience of former Bellview staff.

Nigerian Pilot gathered that the new airline was being promoted by b y some American investors as against the initial speculations that the former Governor of Lagos state and a leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu was behind the formation.

The management of the carrier was also said to have engaged a European Air Safety Agency (EASA)145 approved maintenance service provider to maintain the fleet.
Airbus Industries, British Midland and Oxford Aviation Academy are billed to provide the training for the technical and carbin crew.

The Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) is to provide the ground handling support for the latest entrant which is billed to start operations next month to Abuja, Kano and Portharcourt from Lagos.
The spokeswoman also disclosed that the operations would extend to other cities in Nigeria as more airplane were acquired, adding that the airline’s sale would be distributed through E platforms and web solutions.

This goes to show how untrue this story is  undecided

1 Like

Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by Depilot(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
Apart from smoking weed, womanizing and pocketing Lagos state money, what else is Tinubu doing?
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
You guys know there is credit right? Some Nigerians have access to unlimited credit from global banks, So stop the fuss already,

On the other hand, I hate Tinubu.!!!
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by Depilot(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
To get access to unlimited credit you need to have a well established business. FYI: Nigerian politicians are being watched world wide by watch dog.
Apart from stolen money, stolen properties and recordless businesses, Tinubu has nothing that belongs to him.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2011
Depilot:

To get access to unlimited credit you need to have a well established business. FYI: Nigerian politicians are being watched world wide by watch dog.
Apart from stolen money, stolen properties and recordless businesses, Tinubu has nothing that belongs to him.

You haven't a clue duuuuude,

He was a business man before becoming a gov so really sip your haterade slowly. I don't like Ojuyorbor too,

Nigerian politicians are being watched? lol If they were seriously, we will be in a good place but they aren't. With countries like US etc, it's all business!! Unles the politicians loot can actually damage the value of their currency, they won't give a rat ass,

The same US that encouraged Banbagida to run for elections again? I bet they didn't know how much he stole. Naa they do but it's all business!! Please don't be clueless please!! We already have El-clueleso as prez,
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by gists: 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2011
First of all I am not a Tinunbu fan. But men of such status can't find it hard to get businesses financed by local/int'l banks. This is not suggesting that he is not taxing his boys in SW gov houses.

No oyinbo country dey watch any Nigerian polititian. In fact, I dare say they are even interested in these guys looted funds. How many of the politicians not yet out-of-favour have they caught? We only hear the ones like Abacha, Ibori, Alams etc after they fall from grace.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
i wonder wen dis tinubu hatred will stop!!!
Guyz,abeg go get life and stop 8ing,
My question to d haters is, 'why do u 8 tinubu'?
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by chino11(m): 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
Tinubu and fashola are criminals. Lagos is their private business grin. silly yoroobas
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
Kamardiran:

i wonder wen dis tinubu hatred will stop!!!
Guyz,abeg go get life and stop 8ing,
My question to d haters is, 'why do u 8 tinubu'?

rubbish, who hates tinubu

when last have u heard IBB, OBJ, OBAMA, BUSH etc buy 3 planes worth billions

if they did it, you people would be the first to say it is from the government stolen wealth, why can't the same apply for tinubu here

seriously you people need to get ur heads out and see the reality
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by aljharem3: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
chino11:

Tinubu and fashola are criminals. Lagos is their private business grin. silly yoroobas

guy calm down, relax,life is to short to be tribalistic. ok
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by EkoIle1: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
This is really sad. And if we ask the ignorant poster to show us proof that the money came from the mans pocket or from any other source, he/she go just come up with another rubish instead of answer.

Lazy grown ups with zero understanding of business and business financing.

Not thatt the dum.b story is true anyways.

3 Likes

Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by AcidosisMega: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pre-election revelation by AcidosisMega.

We are going to dig deeeeppp grin grin

Pretend like you've forgotten; and act like you don't know history because of N50/post job; I acidosis will re-visit history cheesy

We shall dig deep grin muhehehehe
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by jamace(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Stealing and acquiring jets is a progressive venture according to APC. I pity Nigerians who are blinded by the cry of "crucify GEJ" by criminals trying to wrest power by fire by force.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by gebest: 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
And so! what is wrong about that.
Re: Former Lagos Governor Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buys 3 Planes For 40 Billion by asamaigho(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
aljharem3:
someone should please tell me where tinubu is getting his money from

which kind pipo dey nairaland sef?,wat a dumb question,
whatever hapens to bank loans,even dangote borrows money to run his business,
nobody takes such risk with their own money,..... growup❗‼

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Sylva Dares Jonathan And Flags Off Campaign / Black Man Makes Racist KKK Member Piss In His Pants.(pic) / Metuh Accuses FG Of Threatening Doctors Over His Medical Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.