Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,657 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp (19507 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / PDP Govs, Leaders Work For Buhari’s Re-Election [New Telegraph EXCLUSIVE] / Exclusive: Why South East Govs, Leaders Moved Against Obi As Atikus Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Islie: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2022

Indications have emerged that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has engaged some party leaders, including former governors of the party, to help woo the aggrieved camp led by Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike.

It was learnt yesterday that the former vice president met with the party leaders yesterday over how to ensure that the Wike camp returns to the fold and help ensure they work together during the polls.

A source knowledgeable about the meeting said a former governor of Delta State was at the meeting alongside five other party leaders at a private residence in Maitama, a highbrow area in Abuja. It was learnt that the presidential candidate went to the meeting with only close confidants.

The main issue discussed was how to woo the Wike camp to return to the fold because it is clear that the party needs all of them on board,” the source said.

The source added that the party leaders were mindful of the impact of not having the governors onboard for the campaign, especially as they would also help with funding.

When contacted, Atiku’s media aide, Paul Ibe, said he was not aware of the meeting.

Governor Wike and four of his colleagues, Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), had alongside other party leaders distanced themselves from the party’s presidential campaign council.

They insist on the resignation of Dr Iyorchia Ayu as the PDP national chairman to pave way for southerner to take his place for geopolitical balance.

Wike’s camp had underlined its threat not to associate with the party’s campaign activities as it stayed away from the official flag- off of the party’s presidential campaign in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State yesterday.

While Ayu has insisted on serving out his four-year tenure, with the National Executive Committee (NEC) at its last meeting passing a vote of confidence in his leadership.

It was, however, gathered that the new effort to woo the Wike camp could have forced the party to reschedule its campaign rallies for Kebbi and Zamfara States today. It was learnt that the directorate fixed a meeting for late yesterday night to restrategise on its rallies.

A spokesperson for the Atiku Campaign, Kola Ologbondiyan, confirmed to LEADERSHIP that the rallies for Kebbi and Zamfara had been rescheduled.

Ologbondiyan said, “The campaign for Kebbi and Zamfara was rescheduled. The campaign is fully on course. PDP and our candidate, His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, are fully focused on rescuing Nigeria from the utter maladministration of the APC.”

However, Atiku’s meeting with the party leaders came as indications emerged that the Board of Trustees (BoT) may have submitted their report on reconciliation of assignment yesterday.

Another party source told LEADERSHIP that the advisory body was billed to submit the report to the party yesterday.

He added that it is likely that the body might request for more time to work out a reconciliation deal.

However, when contacted, the BoT chairman, Senator Adolphus Wabara, neither responded to text messages sent to him nor picked his calls.

When the BoT met Wike last week, LEADERSHIP learned that the Rivers State governor had insisted on Ayu’s resignation, requesting that the BoT, a father of the party, should tell the national chairman to go and allow a party chairman from the South to emerge.

https://leadership.ng/in-fresh-overtures-atiku-recruits-ex-pdp-govs-leaders-to-pacify-wikes-camp/

2 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Really

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by festacman(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2022
If PDP's goal is to win 2023 election and Chairman Iyorchia Ayu is passionate about Atiku's presidency, why is it so difficult for him to make simple SACRIFICE of stepping down for an interim chairman from the South? I mean, if the PDP becomes victorious in 2023 election and he is Atiku's 'sweetheart', Iyorcha Ayu could be appointed CoS or SFG or given a prominent ministerial appointment.

Here we are, Peter Obi has taken over a generous slice of former SE, SS and NC strongholds of PDP. So, they need the current aggrieved governors and their goodwill as well as their power of incumbency to get as many votes as possible.

Therefore, as a neutral, sometimes I wonder why PDP is struggling to solve this simple political equation problem in spite having experienced people in its BOT. It just requires one f*cking man making sacrifice for the good of all. The prize is slipping away and yet even Atiku is sleepwalking.

Is it a case of leadership incompetence, pride, lack of ideas?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Unzerious: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2022
Make dem let this Man rest! undecided

Na u dey call am Noise maker for front, na u still dey beg am for back

Wike's 14,000 appointments made Atiku poop his Pants tongue

29 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by FreeStuffsNG: 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2022
The source added that the party leaders were mindful of the impact of not having the governors onboard for the campaign, especially as they would also help with funding.

Funding a Presidential campaign is not rice and beans. Talk is cheap. All those politicians and 'I neva chop' on social media telling HE Atiku to call the bluff of Wike's camp should fund nah. abi won ti sa re lule niyen.

Everything is working together in favour of an Asiwaju Tinubu Presidency.

For those still thinking funding Presidential election is cheap,you are naive. If a whole PDP is cap in hands , now imagine those social media kindergaten candidates from mushroom parties.
check my signature for free stuffs!

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by WiszyFraud: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Did you know??

You are going to piss off a lot of people when you start doing what is best for you.

lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by EdiskyHarry: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Please I know this is not necessary here.
Can someone help me descripe the role of DTR executive in Port Harcourt electricity distribution company?
I'll be very grateful.
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
Trouble in the enemies camp.
Enemies of Nigeria.
Atiku and his boy boy obi terrorist pandora are one and the same.
Win win for JAGABAN OF AFRICA.

GOD BLESS JAGABAN, our incoming president.
post=117473945:

We pray, Bola Ahmed Tinubu wins, when he was Governor of Lagos State, he created:

1. LAWMA to solve waste products in Lagos.
2. LASTMA to solve traffic problem in Lagos.
3. RRS to solve insecurity issues in Lagos.
4 LAMATA to solve transport problems

He employed thousands of Nigerian youths into these agencies.
He built schools and some other projects,
He paid for WAEC and NECO, he constructed roads.

Whenever rain fall, the beach would over flow and destroy many properties but when Tinubu became governor of Lagos State, he invited international experts to find solution to this problem which they did he did not wait for the federal government to fix the problem. Despite being denied allocation from federal government.

This is the type of leader we need at this time.
Let us vote wisely.
God bless all sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2022
hahaha, joker. Ayu must go.

2 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by edoncast: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
What's my business with all these irrelevant stories .

Me wey dey look for 200k to give my wife do POS business

3 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
Nobody dey underrate Wike in pdp.
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by mbahdi(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2022
Atiku is coming

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by KEVIND: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2022
So Atiku need Wike because of River's state money.
This Fulani people think they're wise.
How is it even conceivable for Atiku who is a Fulani man to take over from Buhari ( a Fulani man) after 8yrs.
This is pure greediness!
Amaechi singlehandedly sponsor Buhari's campaign with Rivers money, now Atiku want Wike to do the same for him. FULANI GREED!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Deltafirstson(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
post=117499589:
Trouble in the enemies camp.
Enemies of Nigeria.
Atiku and his boy boy obi terrorist pandora are one and the same.
Win win for JAGABAN OF AFRICA.

GOD BLESS JAGABAN, our incoming president.
Who is enemy here??
You no get shame at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by FuckDModz: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
festacman:
If PDP's goal is to win 2023 election and Chairman is passionate about Atiku presidency, why is it so to make simple SACRIFICE of stepping down for an interim chairman from the South? I mean, the PDP becomes victorious in 2023 election and he is Atiku's 'sweetheart', Iyorcha Ayu could be appointed CoS or SFG o given a prominent ministerial appointment.

Why is PDP struggling to solve this simple political equation problem inspire having experienced people in BOT? Is it a case of Leadership incompetence, pride, lack of ideas?

How long will they continue to do what Wike wants? If the other members of the party don't take integrity seriously, I don't see why Wike and four extra people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

PDP is a useless party where anything goes.
Wike himself is not a man of integrity.

1 Like

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by TechNana(f): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
I like the HE Atiku's consistensy spirit, campaigning over 5 times back to back...

Spending millions each time, I wish I can be this consistent in all I do, I would be same level with Ngozi Iwela by now ...

Well Hurry and join the tutorial below now you'd earn more if you're a programmer...

https://www.nairaland.com/7377391/vfl-football-trading-tutorials-consistent
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by sofeo(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
Alright!
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by dam2000(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
God bless wasiri adamawa
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Cyberterror: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
Atiku is acting childishly. Which oath did he and Ayu take together that makes it impossible for Ayu to step down? Wike is now in Tinubu's camp since Atiku is no longer serious. The withdrawal of the court cases against Amaechi and Tonye Cole is a first step of good faith shown by Wike to APC that he is not against the party's ambitions in Rivers state and Nigeria as a whole.

5 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by chuose: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
we dont want the [b]cameroonian[/b ]Atiku.

The fact they were singing Obi at a PDP rally should tell Atiku we dont want him.

https://twitter.com/realFFK/status/1580059426991779840

4 Likes

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2022
mbahdi:
Atiku is coming
Yes, coming to your Local Government grin cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2022
Deltafirstson:

Who is enemy here??
You no get shame at all.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by bigdammyj: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good!
Re: In Fresh Overtures, Atiku Recruits Ex-PDP Govs, Leaders To Pacify Wike’s Camp by Nwibii: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
Water Don pass garri.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Produces Fugitive Maina In Court / Pantami: Forces Against NIN Policy Behind Attacks Against Me / Electoral Act: Buhari’s Ministers Must Resign Before Primaries - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.