Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

TIPS ON OVERCOMING Suicide(you Really Need To Read This��!!!) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TIPS ON OVERCOMING Suicide(you Really Need To Read This��!!!) (160 Views)

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) / Suicide: You Have To Live To Win / HIV & AIDS In Nigeria: Please You Must Read This Story And Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TIPS ON OVERCOMING Suicide(you Really Need To Read This��!!!) by Abliz(f): 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2022
Suicide is a desperate attempt to end a seemingly unbearable pain.Often blinded by feelings of self hate,hopelessness,and isolation,a suicidal person cannot see any escape route except resorting to taking his life.

From what I read,The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that approximately one million people die each year from suicide.You may ask,Why do people even commit suicide?
An adage says *You can only mock someone who cried because he got bitten by a soilder ant,but never know how hurtful yours can be*.
Those who are not depressed or in despair may not understand what drives many into that.So,do not criticize.

Here are some helpful tips to help you out:
1)AVOID STRESS:Severe stress is one of the reasons people contemplate suicide.When you are overwhelmed with your workload or you are having issues with your family or friends,you may get to a breaking point.So,PLAN!!!
Also,do NOT bottle up emotions.When you have an issue with a friend or family member,please resolve it before it gets out of hand.Seek counsel if it's something you cannot handle on your own.Luke 17:3-4.And,as a young professional moving fast in your career,you need a MENTOR.

2)FRIENDSHIP:Keep OPTIMISTS not PESSIMISTS.Keep friends who will encourage you to develop your potentials.Encouragement from friends will make you believe in yourself.Bad friends will only make you miserable.Infact,keeping godly friends will help you better.1 For 15:33

3)DEAL WITH INFERIORITY COMPLEX:you need to know this that,you are created in God's image.You are the only "YOU" God has created,you have no duplicate,so you need to LOVE yourself,Believe in yourself.Have it in your subconscious that you are wonderfully made.Do not allow anyone bodyshame you,drag your financial status,insult your pedigree and question your marital life.The fact that someone can do something better does not mean you are inferior.You have your own area of strength.Dig deep,discover and develop your potentials.1Tim 4:12,Gen 1:27

4)Be Engaged:As much as possible,keep yourself engaged.The devil makes work for idle hands.Even when you do not have any friends around you,find something good to keep you busy so u can avoid negative thoughts.
I remembered when I was in this situation,I was always forcing myself to doing what I love doing,*Composing songs*,and it relieves me like a medicine,I go to church even when there wasn't church programs and it was always like I take chilled drinks.More so,you can learn a skill to keep yourself engaged.2Thes3:11.

5) DO NOT GET ADDICTED:Avoid substance abuse.Use drugs based on doctor's prescription.Avoid watching violent movies as they may replay in your mind and become a thought line in your heart.

6)AVOID PEER PRESSURE:Do not allow anyone to put you under undue pressure,manage and maintain what you have..you might not be able to sacrifice what others are doing behind closed doors.Celebrate YOUR LITTLE wins,"a drop makes an ocean" they say.Never allow the financial or social status of friends or family spur you to doing things that are untoward.Galatians1:10

7)FINANCIAL STRESS:Shun financial stress.Live within your means and do not borrow money just to please others.Do not get involved in gambling as it will lead you to financial stress.Luke 12:15

coolTHE GOD FACTOR:Always remember God owns your life and it is a sin to take it.Imagine,all your effort tp keep yourself pure,not joining bad friends or getting into frauds and then you deliberately push yourself.No challenge should be big enough to make you contemplate suicide.God is enough for you and He is Seriously COUNTING on you to live the life and purpose He has given to you to fufil.
Suicide is not worth it!!!Stay alive to stay blessed .
Re: TIPS ON OVERCOMING Suicide(you Really Need To Read This��!!!) by FORHII: 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Never say Never.....there are terrible situations that could lead you into suicidal thought. Make God no let us see bad thing.
Re: TIPS ON OVERCOMING Suicide(you Really Need To Read This��!!!) by caesymore(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2022
Number 7. na the koko in most cases its starts with small borrowing till it gets to millions. Be wise no go do pass yourself most especially when money is involved

(1) (Reply)

What You Should Know About The Psychology Of Breast Cancer / Avoid Pain During Childbirth! / Cenforce Pills With Sildenafil | Buy Cenforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.