Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) (36850 Views)

79 Medical Doctors Resign From Kogi Govt Hospitals / My Thoughts About Nigeria Medical Doctors. / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Enemyofpeace: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
Can you read this handwriting? Does anyone understand what is written on the prescription form? Do they write like this deliberately for patients not to understand what they wrote?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Zonefree(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
They don't want you to go another place to get the drugs. They'll direct you to a specific pharmacy with such handwriting.

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by CodeTemplar: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2023
It is associated with professionals who relate to traumatized victims and see blood often.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by wittywriter: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
IGNORANCE @ it's Peak!
OP got me lol calling it difficult handwriting.

That's part of the professionalism in the medical sector.
LeoDeKing:
It is not for you to understand, just take the prescription to the pharmacist.

It is not intended to be understood by laymen.

Any medical practitioner will read those writing very clearly.

Even an apprentice in a pharmacy won't have issues understanding them.
Finestgurlie:
shatap
go to politics section NOW

Enemyofpeace:
must you insult before you make your stupid response?

Enemyofpeace:
what are you feeling like? For your mind now, you think sey you don talk?
Fixed

Wittyness.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by LeoDeKing: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2023

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Zonefree(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
LeoDeKing:

@bolded. You're wrong.

I went to a federal medical center sometime last two years and the doctor prescribed some medications for me. He directed me to a specific pharmacy. On getting there, the quack auxiliary nurse seems not to understand the handwriting. She called the doctor for explanation.

I later found out the doctor is the owner of the pharmacy.

199 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Finestgurlie(f): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
LeoDeKing:

shatap
go to politics section NOW

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by BRATISLAVA: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
It's pretty clear what is written there. The patient likely has a flu or some other discomfort with allergies. And a big headache.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Enemyofpeace: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
wittywriter:
IGNORANCE @ it's Peak!
OP got me lol calling it difficult handwriting.

That's part of the professionalism in the medical sector.

Wittyness.
must you insult before you make your stupid response?

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Enemyofpeace: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2023
LeoDeKing:

what are you feeling like? For your mind now, you think sey you don talk?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Dpzeewonder: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
You said it yourself that at the bolded, so what else do you expect Sir?
Zonefree:

@bolded. You're wrong.

I went to a federal medical center sometime last two years and the doctor prescribed some medications for me. He directed me to a specific pharmacy. On getting there, the[b] quack auxiliary nurse[/b] seems not to understand the handwriting. She called the doctor for explanation.

I later found out the doctor is the owner of the pharmacy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by derikani: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 10:56am On Oct 17, 2023
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Lawantou(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2023
They are always too busy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by ibrocool(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2023
Don't be fooled with the handwriting. It is a way of doing their mago mago so that the patient won't be able to easily decode what is written. Another reason they do it is to avoid people getting the drugs from pharmacy outside the hospital where it will be cheaper. I was given a prescription at General Hospital in Lagos some years ago. The pharmacist could not tell the name of all the drugs. I had to go back to the hospital to get the remaining drugs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by adecz: 10:57am On Oct 17, 2023
😁😁😁

They attend special course units
for illegible calligraphic🖌️ writing ✍️✍️✍️

Truth though is that for 1st 3 years, the workload in medical school is heavy and
lecturers after lecturers just come and
dictate . If you are not a fast writer, you'll
get left behind in lecture notes & fast
writing sacrifices quality of the writing. That
is how it starts and remains with them.

41 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Racoon(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2023
grin They are always acting fast as Usain Bolt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Jewessgratitud3: 10:57am On Oct 17, 2023
It's because as science students they didn't do art subjects that borders on writing and artistic skills. All they do in sciences is scribbling in very disorganized patterns, that is why their hand writing is not refined.

To think most of them use glasses. Hm.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Matinox: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Doctors are notorious for being unable to write legibly. The most common explanation seems to be that overuse of the hands and the need to write notes quickly are to blame. The sheer volume of information recorded daily causes our handwriting, even if it was good initially, to deteriorate over time.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by drlaykay(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
kiss
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Dd
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Boldideas: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Can you read this handwriting? Does anyone understand what is written on the prescription form? Do they write like this deliberately for patients not to understand what they wrote?

That is the only way they can make their money😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Nats12(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Simple
Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by misreal(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
Inferiority complex. grin grin
They feel very inferior to every other person,so in order to feel superior they have to punish innocent sick people with their handwriting..
IT IS WHAT IT IS BABY grin grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by saasala(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
They do that sh1t on purpose. It is a global menace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by TONYE001(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
Mine isn't.

My writing is incredibly clear. These days, sha, most centres have moved on to electronic recording, so the issue of writing is almost outdated.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by ebig21(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
I can see those drugs na
Loratidine, cholaramphenical, piriton, ibuprofen

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by kapelvej: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
It's pretty clear what is written there. The patient likely has a flu or some other discomfort with allergies. And a big headache.
😁😁 why qualify the headache with big ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Day169: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
@Enemyofpeace..

The handwriting on this prescription note is one of the best I've seen so far! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Doctors' Handwriting So Difficult To Read?(photo) by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2023
For business purposes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Francis Megwa, Nigerian Doctor Who Knew ‘Near Nothing’ Faces Panel In Ireland / Becareful When Holding Or Carrying A Child By His/her Hands Only. / I Want To Be Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.