Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners (24798 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly / Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi / My Predecessor Spent N2.3bn On Burial In Five Months – Bauchi Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:17am On Oct 13, 2022
Luckysbab:
I don't get what the complaint is about in this.

Not holding brief for the governor's performance (I am not in Anambra, as to be able to make a fair assessment), but if you have money to throw lavish ceremonies, why not be taxed?
Only fools who hasn't been anywhere close to the east of Anambra will condemn this... Soludo is on track with this.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by melviniyke2002(m): 3:32am On Oct 13, 2022
I support dis 100%......These materials tend to deface the environment and pose a threat to the aesthetics of our communities......if u wan show off u pay tax.lol

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by samfrancis1(m): 3:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Expect to read how these people soon drag tinubus name into their state wahala/palava .. they’re soon going to mention Lagos tax….. And may be soludo is reporting/delivering to jagaban…. Smile

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:58am On Oct 13, 2022
The same true colour Peter Obi will show Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by ephraimlongkat(m): 4:22am On Oct 13, 2022
Sakamaje:
Omo, it's like Soludo want to use taxation to finish Anambra people.
When PO enter una to know say Soludo own Na play

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 13, 2022
OVB123:
The truth of the matter is that without tax, government can not do much. It's pertinent we pay tax. Gov. Soludo is on the right track to success.
When he was campaigning he never used tax as one of his campaign manifestos?He was talking as if he would used his salary to do everything.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Patriotsleague: 4:32am On Oct 13, 2022
Even Lagos where people make money do not impose such taxes, but to make a society function optimally, taxes must be collected. Abi una see say Anambra own pass Lagos taxing now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Buliwyf: 4:34am On Oct 13, 2022
The comments on this thread is just proof that too many Nigerians are daft. They read the article but still can't understand the motive behind it and are shouting tax tax. Educated illiterates.

Don't post burial banners indiscriminately if you don't want to be taxed unnecessarily. Thoughtless clowns.

One mugu was even saying he borrowed money for burial so he should not be taxed. So because you borrowed the money, they should allow you deface the city with your banners right?

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Maser: 4:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Good development. They should put a stop to the menace of posters everywhere which defaces the environment.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by saxby(f): 4:44am On Oct 13, 2022
Nice, I really love this

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2022
OVB123:
The truth of the matter is that without tax, government can not do much. It's pertinent we pay tax. Gov. Soludo is on the right track to success.

I agree with you
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Youoareofoolish: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2022
Wisetrue99:

Tax is okay but over taxing is baaaaaaaad

The government is simply telling the masses to go to hell!

Kai!

Why u even suppose dey post burial posters sef to deface the community?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Originalsly: 5:01am On Oct 13, 2022
The aim of the tax shouldn't be a means of revenue but to cut down on banners littering the State. Good move.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by olatunji0607: 5:02am On Oct 13, 2022
The tax collector

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by anochuko01(m): 5:03am On Oct 13, 2022
Great great great

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 13, 2022
Soludo attended BAT school of economics.
Very soon he will be taxing the dead bodies and their coffins, way to go.
Welcome to the new way of governance, impoverish the people.
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 13, 2022
OVB123:

You be never paid tax before? Is this how to move the state forward? What about the canons of taxation that says tax should be fair?
FYI govts don't live off taxes, they borrow.
Taxes are paid to govt to be squandered by govt, know this.
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by joyandfaith: 5:35am On Oct 13, 2022
Soludo would fail as a governor.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Crafteck1: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2022
Rename it to fina send off
Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Tulsaguy: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2022
Soludo don start

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by OVB123: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
When he was campaigning he never used tax as one of his campaign manifestos?He was talking as if he would used his salary to do everything.
You should know politician better than I do.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by OVB123: 6:02am On Oct 13, 2022
Wisetrue99:
Tax is okay but over taxing is baaaaaaaad
The government is simply telling the masses to go to hell!
Kai!
But you voted for him?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Pacesetterz: 6:04am On Oct 13, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Beyond the burial tax which I do not understand, I see an attempt by the govt to capture in its revenue and tax system those who use burial ceremonies to show off and oppress others.
check my signature for free stuffs!

U sabi. Go to Anambra and see how those pple do burial like Independence Day. They block all the major roads in d street,with violent looking youths and masquerades. Your movt that day will be hindered

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Cantonese: 6:20am On Oct 13, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Beyond the burial tax which I do not understand, I see an attempt by the govt to capture in its revenue and tax system those who use burial ceremonies to show off and oppress others.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Banners are left hanging for long periods after the ceremonies have been done. They are adverts and therefore subject to taxation. Most people Nationwide are ignorant of it.

Lagos State too has an agency that oversees these things. Unfortunately Lagos state signage and advert agency (LASAA), as the agency is called, is not well known by everyone. They are very functional in the highbrow areas, where they make a lot of money for government.

Nigerians want to show off at all times, irrespective of tribe and religion. We must be ready to pay the associated charges.

The charges are very correct.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Enimin: 6:21am On Oct 13, 2022
The fact you're a successful academic does not automatically make you an efficient administrator

We all saw how Soludo scattered CBN and nearly destroyed Nigeria's economy, Anambra people are in for more of his inept governance strategies, obviously. I pity them.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Elidrisy20: 6:24am On Oct 13, 2022
Frog don ment

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 6:35am On Oct 13, 2022
RockHard:
I'm very disappointed in the administrative style so far demonstrated by Soludo. He seems to lack ideas of how to govern his state. Maybe he should ask the likes of El-Rufai how he's able to attract billion dollar investments to his state, in spite of the insecurity and other challenges he met on ground.
God abeg if Peter obi wan com play us like dis, abeg no let him enter o cus I don't know how I go walk for my street..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Biafraaa: 6:43am On Oct 13, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Shut up have u been there recently?
Shut down, I'm currently in Anambra right now. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Mandate2023: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Elrufai is being subsidized by Abuja.
Elrufais Kaduna has endless federal government projects going on for the past 8 years.
Elrufai gets almost double of what Soludo gets from federal allocations.
Local governments in Kaduna bring in an additional double to whatever their counterparts in Anambra bring in from federal allocations!
Elrufai is about finishing 8 years in office, Soludo is barely 6 months there.

Stop comparing apples and oranges

Ur first comment u accused tinubu of d present situation in Anambra as if there was ever a time lagos state collect anything to paste such posters.....that I know u r mentally unstable

Secondly nw u r defending why south east governors should fail and why others should succeed bcoz u believe FG is not spending money on ur state....that again shows hw clueless and ignorant u r, u know hw to type fast but ur brain is slow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by Wisetrue99: 6:55am On Oct 13, 2022
Youoareofoolish:

Why u even suppose dey post burial posters sef to deface the community?
Say that to politicians!, you go soon see them

Meanwhile there is nothing wrong in the banner

He is about to lay many people off their job!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Imposes ₦100,000 On Burial Banners by GavelSlam: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

Shut up have u been there recently?

You don't like the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Ozo Okafor Supports Nnamdi Kanu At The ECOWAS Court. Photos / Bill On Donkeys Tears Senators Apart / DSS & Soldiers Raid Eziuche Ubani's Home, Driver Beaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.