Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,718 members, 7,813,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi (19153 Views)

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi / South-East Killings: We Are Hiding Our Faces In Shame, Says Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Islie: 4:28pm On Apr 11
Nigeria's Minister of Works Dave Umahi confirmed the figure on Thursday when he was featured on Channels Television's breakfast show The Morning Brief.

By Emmanuel Egobiambu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZCVCZMe8GA

The Federal Government will charge N3,000 on average per toll gate when the Lagos-Calabar coastal road is completed.

Nigeria’s Minister of Works Dave Umahi confirmed the figure on Thursday when he was featured on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief.

Let me leave out the infrastructure along the corridor. Let me just concentrate on the tolls and I put 50,000 vehicles as an average passage on these toll points per day,” Umahi said on the breakfast show.

I put N3,000 as an average cost. N3,000 because the cars could be like N1,500, and the big trucks could be like N5,000,” he said. “So, we put an average”.

In 15 years, you make back the money,” he said, dismissing calls that the cost budgeted for the road was high.

According to him, there will be security at the toll gates and also some facilities like filling stations.

“At every point of tolling, we also have toll station where we have a kind of relief activities: the restaurants, filling stations, parking lots, and so on and so forth,” Umahi said.

“So, people will now have confidence. In these sections, we intend to put CCTV all through.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/11/video-coastal-road-fg-to-charge-n3000-per-toll-gate-says-umahi/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Zulu11zulu: 4:45pm On Apr 11
Islie:

Nigeria's Minister of Works Dave Umahi confirmed the figure on Thursday when he was featured on Channels Television's breakfast show The Morning Brief.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/11/video-coastal-road-fg-to-charge-n3000-per-toll-gate-says-umahi/

Nlfpmod

you will drive alone with your master in that road. From Lagos to Calaba you will have about 8 toll gate 3000 x 8. Each state will have two toll one from end to end.

Umehi is mad

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Kenochi(m): 4:50pm On Apr 11
HE Engr Dave Umahi is gradually telling Nigerians the truth,if you look at all major roads in Nigeria I sincerely believe at some point we will have to consider the tolling option for all new infrastructure being built.The East West Road,the Lagos to Calabar Road,the Second Niger bridge,the Kaduna to Kano Highway are routes that we have to look at options of maintaining those roads outside Government funding
As for the pricing,I believe we will cross the bridge when we get there.
Once again, I sincerely salute the tenacity of the Minister,he is truly a Round peg in a Round hole and I believe some ministers in this administration need to visit HE Engr Dave Umahi to understand their job description.
I don't want to mention names,but I am sure that there are ministers who are yet to understand what exactly they are doing in this cabinet

For those who sincerely desire good investment on the Lagos Calabar Super Highway, kindly check my signature for more details

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Fkmodhi: 4:51pm On Apr 11
3000 is too low, why not 5000 ?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by slivertongue: 4:53pm On Apr 11
I hope this project won't end a white elephant project

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Kaycee9242(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11
Una never do the work go anywhere na the toll money be your problem

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by helinues: 5:01pm On Apr 11
Toh

We would have to see the road first before agreeing with the toll fee

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Iykopee(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11
The moment you start supporting Thief'nubu, you subconsciously transform yourself to a mad man and develop a hunch to talk without thinking.

Umahi of all people is now talking like a typical thièfnubu's idiot on expired kolos.

I weep for this gentleman. cry cry

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by jetguy(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11
This country na cruise...

See tax collectors 😅😅

Make
Una

Complete the

Work first 😕

24 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by DMerciful(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11
Yet gave 90 billion for hajj.

Tinubu is a monumental failure
helinues:
Toh

We would have to see the road first before agreeing with the toll fee

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by helinues: 5:35pm On Apr 11
DMerciful:
Yet gave 90 billion for hajj.

Tinubu is a monumental failure

Please stop wailing on my mentions if you can't comprehend my simple message.

What exactly is some of you guys problem that you only come online to attack others for no reason.

Abi what's the meaning of the jargons you wrote above in comparison with mine?

Abeg, make una dey respect una self jare

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by DMerciful(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11
Na wa o....i honestly didn't know it will pain you like this o grin

Oya nor vex
helinues:

Please stop wailing on my mentions if you can't comprehend my simple message.

What exactly is some of you guys problem that you only come online to attack others for no reason.

Abi what's the meaning of the jargons you wrote above in comparison with mine?

Abeg, make una dey respect una self jare

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by helinues: 5:39pm On Apr 11
DMerciful:
Na wa o....i honestly don't know it will pain you like this o grin

Oya nor vex

Just stop being incoherent on my mentions.

That shouldn't be too hard to ask

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by DMerciful(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11
Nobody is stopping anything. Since you choose to support the criminal drug baron,
you go collect steady
helinues:

Just stop being incoherent on my mentions.

That shouldn't be too hard to ask

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by helinues: 5:44pm On Apr 11
DMerciful:
Nobody is stopping anything. Since you choose to support the criminal drug baron,
you go collect steady

That's my choice which you are not in any position to question same way I can't question why you are supporting Peter Obi another non criminal with no legacy of achievements.

Respect is reciprocal

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by 72virginGATEWAY: 5:46pm On Apr 11
helinues:

That's my choice which you are not in any position to question same way I can't question why you are supporting Peter Obi another none criminal with no legacy of achievements.

Respect is reciprocal

Do you want to be useful or not ?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by surgical: 6:01pm On Apr 11
Tinubu wants Nigerians to bleed to death at any opportunity he wants to suffocate them to death
No respite at all
But Nigerian deserves what they are getting for being docile,too accommodating of useless leaders and having limitless elasticity for tolerating nonsense

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by nedu666: 6:04pm On Apr 11
3k is too small. Make it 1.3million per toll booth. Revenue target must be met

18 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Ofunaofu: 6:06pm On Apr 11
sad
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Artscollection: 6:38pm On Apr 11
Increase it to 10k although all these agbadorians don't even have keke. We have saganmu -ore- Benin higway that is one of the busiest and one of the most economic viable road looking like a death trap.

17 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by FactBoyz: 6:42pm On Apr 11
grin
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by AllenSpencer: 6:43pm On Apr 11
If it would guarantee adequate maintenance, fine! Cos goons will be racing on that highway at midnight.

3 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Omoapena(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11
That's too much
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by KillIgbohoN0W: 6:44pm On Apr 11
N3000 x 25 toll gates = N75,000
N500 x 15 Police checkpoints = N7,500
N500 x 10 Army checkpoints = N5,000
N500 x 5 Navy checkpoints = N2,500
N2,000 x 15 FRSC checkpoints = N30,000
N1,000 x 5 NSCDC checkpoints = N5,000
N5,000 x 5 Militants checkpoints = N25,000
N1,000 x 10 South West Agbero roadblocks = N10,000

Total =N160,000 for 1 trip from Lagos-Calabar.
Note: Estimates are exclusive of fuel and vehicle repairs cost

Make I jejely fly abeg.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:44pm On Apr 11
Zulu11zulu:
you will drive alone with your master in that road. From Lagos to Calaba you will have about 8 toll gate 3000 x 8. Each state will have two toll one from end to end.

Umehi is mad
My guy be calming down.
Don't forget that useless supporters of the drug lord will soon come to defend this statement

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by saphiere(f): 6:44pm On Apr 11
just kill us.

1 Like

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by datola: 6:44pm On Apr 11
Notb
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by Paraman: 6:45pm On Apr 11
shocked shocked
Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by 1x2x3: 6:45pm On Apr 11
People don't read.

I support everything if they can execute this project perfectly. It will drastically reduce travel time and also save gasoline. However, after such tolls I hope police checkpoints won't flood the highway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by bigpicture001: 6:45pm On Apr 11
AllenSpencer:
If it would guarantee adequate maintenance, fine! Cos goons will be racing on that highway at midnight.

Mug un....didnt FG tax the ppl and sold the nations resource to get the fund to pat for the projects..? Why are Nigerian as individual paying again for it.....

8 Likes

Re: Coastal Road: FG To Charge N3,000 On Average Per Toll Gate, Says Umahi by ZombieDetective: 6:46pm On Apr 11
Fkmodhi:
3000 is too low, why not 5000 ?

why not #5million

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exposed: Oyegun’s ‘Hidden Agenda’ On Tenure Extension - The Nation / Nigerian Army Gets New Director Of Public Relations [see Photos] / Shettima Breaks Fast With Messengers And Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.