Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary (56606 Views)

UNN Exam Question After 8 Months Of ASUU Strike (Pictured) / Striking Lecturers Get Two Months Salary / 27 Months Salary Arrears: Osun Tertiary Institutions Embark On Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Exotic argeument..
Sir,
Your main job is to stay in the classroom and teach..

University lecturers too also have to do research...infact, they cannot promote a lecturer without him/her/they doing some research. (To become a professor requires one to have authored or coauthored a set number of papers). And a big part of the strike is better funding for good research facilites...so that they can do high grade research (there is a reason why most of the research for things like HIV and malaria takes place outside this country...).
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by owobokiri(m): 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Kasssandra:

University lecturers too also have to do research...infact, they cannot promote a lecturer without him/her/they doing some research. (To become a professor requires one to have authored or coauthored a set number of papers). And a big part of the strike is better funding for good research facilites...so that they can do high grade research (there is a reason why most of the research for things like HIV and malaria takes place outside this country...).
Stop educating me about Nigerian lecturers!!
I'm am an "elder brother" to one, and I did my first degree in a Nigerian university, so I should know better.
Ndi research..
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by jamace(m): 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
owobokiri:

Stop educating me about Nigerian lecturers!!
I'm am an "elder brother" to one, and I did my first degree in a Nigerian university, so I should know better.
Ndi research..

Yeah, they can't do much research because they don't have the facilites to do said research...which is why they go on strike...so that the government finds the money...without forcing fee increases on the nation. (Which I think is necessary, but most Nigerians don't).

It is also why many of them go abroad too...to do the research they cannot do in Nigeria.
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Cmanforall: 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
incandescentena:

Okay but the politicians worked for all your resources they are looting upandan abi.....?

2 wrongs don't make a right
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by owobokiri(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Kasssandra:

Yeah, they can't do much research because they don't have the facilites to do said research...which is why they go on strike...so that the government finds the money...without forcing fee increases on the nation. (Which I think is necessary, but most Nigerians don't).

It is also why many of them go abroad too...to do the research they cannot do in Nigeria.
Totally agree with you
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by obyikye(f): 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2022
Looked staged.
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Jman06(m): 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
incandescentena:

Are you Normal?? idiiot put your house in order
F00l!

If y'all Nigerian citizens refuse to purge yourselves of your corrupt tendencies -- such as expecting to be paid when you've not worked, the government can NEVER be better!
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by CoolestPed22: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Zonefree:
They should just arrest and prosecute him. He's a criminal.

Sometimes, the way you reason and comment shows how backward you are.
Arrest and prosecute him ?
You are truly sick �
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
Zonefree:
you are a vagabon
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by robinso01(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Brownshoe:
My 5 Month Arrears,Na Only God know exactly when I go collect am.

It's better not to put mind than to put mind and they don't pay you.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by gimakon2(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
Zonefree:

Arrest and Prosecute him for withdrawing his savings?
Why are you a mad person?

Oga, go chop stone. You just no see sense get. If he has problems, he should leave his money for what
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by KunGioKehRah: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Shey me too, I no go strike like this?
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by ogbonti: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
princepee:

the money wey don lose value!
By the time he settles accumulate bills he will be left with change.

guy man won jappa - maybe someone is seriously working on him that a US/UK visa is avaiable but cash only

see the educated illiterates teaching students in universities? carrying cash up and down like he is tout ? what if armed robbers attack him and collect the money ? then we start hearing about a lecturer drinking sniper or jumping into the Lagoon grin
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Keeff: 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
amerengues:

Can you see the misinformation flying around?! Despite myriads of attempt to school people online.

Only 5% of lecturers earn that which are professors

An assistant lecturer earns around 125k on average which are at the lower ebb.

They are poorly paid. As a new intake, it may even be lower like 105k for graduate assistant.
And how did you come up with these, guesswork or hunch? Maybe you have someone working as one who gave you a first hand insight about the salary scale?
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Pootle: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
incandescentena:

Okay but the politicians worked for all your resources they are looting upandan abi.....?

two fcking wrong dont make a right
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Bimpe29: 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Eyaaa! Poor lecturer was really anxious and overwhelmed with the joyous news of the payment of salary arears.

grin grin grin
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by rezy15(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
Fake af! Where does it show he's a lecturer?
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Londonderry: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
Abeg na fake news they have not started paying
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Wwwq: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin
Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by toloohthegreat: 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
Both comparison are quite baseless and unjustifiable. They are instances of a crook system.
incandescentena:

Re: Lecturer Storms Bank With ‘ghana Must Go’ To Withdraw His Entire 8 Months Salary by Melagros(m): 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
incandescentena:

Two wrongs don't make a right...if the politicians are get the money through the back door. Do the ASUU wants to follow their footsteps?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PICS Look At What We Killed In Our Hostel / Graduates Of Benin Republic Universities Can't Write Any English Word -NYSC Dire / JAMB Regularization Procedure - How To Process It Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.