Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World (18879 Views)

UNILAG Ranks Best In Nigeria And 8th In Africa / 100 Fake Professors Nabbed In Nigerian Varsities / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by kennyz247(m): 6:31am On Oct 14, 2022
Ok
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by vaxx: 6:31am On Oct 14, 2022
damosky12:
The university of first choice and the nation's pride.

Arguably, it's the best tertiary education brand in West Africa.
no , university of cape coast in Ghana is currently the best in west africa and fourth in africa now .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by CockAndBullStor: 6:32am On Oct 14, 2022
Bontafa:

Asiwaju is a vagabond
Your malęh is a vagabond

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by CockAndBullStor: 6:33am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:
Should have been one of the best in the world but Tinubu's greed makes it impossible.
Rubbish
Which of your potopoto republic university makes the list? Afofungbemu!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Najdorf: 6:33am On Oct 14, 2022
I call cap!
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by babaaelino92(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2022
faceland:

I think it is Ahamadu Bello Zaria that is the pride of the North. I have seen Bayaro graduate that can't speak broken English (don't understand even broken English).

Same as some of Ahmadu Bello University graduates.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by anonimi: 6:35am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:
Should have been one of the best in the world but Tinubu's greed makes it impossible.

Thiefnuibu and Fashola's greed that failed to prioritise education in the state of Awolowo and Jakande indeed stunted the federal university in their state.

Realdeals:
1. The first governor to present a billion Naira state budget in Nigeria.

2. He phased out the shift system in Lagos schools in three months. He built functional classrooms to absorb those who only attend schools for three hours a day.

3. He opened up what is now known as the Lekki Corridor.

4. He built the biggest Housing estate by a state government at Abesan, along with five other estates.

5. He built LASU, LACOED, LASPOTECH and Technical schools to absorb the products of the free education policy.

6 He built General Hospitals and Health centers in all the five divisions of Lagos. He also upgraded General Hospital Ikeja to the Medical arm of LASU.

7. He created the Agric hub at Oko Oba. He also created similar hubs in Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

8. His government’s strict adherence to the party manifesto of Free Education, Free Health care, Rural integration and Housing for all, along with other UPN governors, created the largest pool of human resources in Nigeria.

9. He moved the Lagos State Government Secretariat from PWD to Alausa, which he built from scratch. He also lived in his personal house and drove his personal car throughout his tenure.

Gani Kayode Balogun Jr

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/showtime-people/2019/07/24/jakande-90-9-achievements-of-alhaji-lateef-jakande-as-lagos-governor/

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

pluto04:
fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike

Okay. Not exactly what he said. But that is exactly what he implied. How much is the minimum wage of Lagos state civil servants? He seems to be out of touch and his statements are highly irresponsible!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/fashola-battles-to-justify-lasu-fee-hike/

Governor Babatunde Fashola battled hard weekend, to justify the astronomical hike in tuition fees recently introduced in Lagos State University, LASU, by the state government. Recall that the state government had increased tuition fees paid in the university from N25,000 to N250,000 per session.

Fashola, who spoke at Government College, Ughelli’s, annual luncheon party in Lagos, said Nigerians were unconsciously making the country one where there would be separate schools for the rich and poor.

According to him, critics of the increment are indirectly calling for a Nigerian society which will be divided into poor university for the poor and rich university for rich people.

He said: “Countries that do not prioritise education are always at the mercy of those who place a high premium on education.

“Where in the world have we seen tuition fee of university of N25,000? You cannot find this anywhere. Even the nations that are developed and wealthy do not give education for N25,000.

“LASU started very well and over the years, the population grew and beyond the available facilities and the school began to deteriorate. We are determined to rescue LASU and we will not make it a school for the poor.

“We are unconsciously making Nigeria a society where there will be a school for the rich and one for the poor.
“Several people in this country pay so much for education abroad while the schools here continue to deteriorate. It is only in the university that the children of the rich and children of the poor can sit in the same classroom.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Kajaard: 6:38am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:
What a man! Spits.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by guru90: 6:38am On Oct 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
If you want the best, come to Lagos and study. Move your investments to Lagos!

Me that picked run from Lagos state......
Then relocated to another state...be coming Lagos for visitation...

when I was in Lagos for my business... I couldn't buy single plot of land or even half plot...

But immediately I moved out from Lagos to another state...
I bought Three plots of land....

built two...
One for Tenants and one for private....

Nothing like move to Lagos and invest...
Wetin de Lagos na suffer suffer de there...
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Mandate2023: 6:38am On Oct 14, 2022
Agbebakun22:
shame! shame!! shame!!! nothing to be proud of here

What's there to be sad about......u want Nigeria universities to be top in the world or what grin.....dis should only motivate other Nigeria institutions to do more......there's no competition here

Some universities are developing care for diseases, going into space, etc u want Nigeria to be in d level with such institutions?

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Ayomide002: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2022
damosky12:
The university of first choice and the nation's pride.

Arguably, it's the best tertiary education brand in West Africa.
You say what??
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by mopimasa: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2022
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Bontafa: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2022
CockAndBullStor:
Your malęh is a vagabond

Your maleh toto no good
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Najdorf: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2022
Ayomide002:
You say what??
Let them continue to decieve themselves

Times ranking is the least respected university ranking released each year.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Elvis2kay: 6:42am On Oct 14, 2022
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by othermen: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Okay
Congratulations to UNILAG

UI is actually the first based on the times higher rankings.

Why can’t Nigeria news media just verify information that is easily obtainable and verifiable.

They are both in the same category of 400-500 but UI name appeared on this list earlier than UNILAG.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2023/world-ranking#!/page/4/length/100/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-nigeria

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by daziz1: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2022
[quote author=faceland post=117544113]

I think it is Ahamadu Bello Zaria that is the pride of the North. I have seen Bayaro graduate that can't speak broken English (don't understand even broken English).[/quote[/color]]

Brutal :[color=#000099]
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by SaintLucia: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:
No wonder Obi Pandora came out with a GCE in Philosophy and told zombiedients that certificate doesn't matter grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Kajaard: 6:49am On Oct 14, 2022
daziz1:

You mean Bayero graduates speak very good English if I am to understand what you posted?

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by nsesam(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Q_UaNzkhw

Good distinguished nairalanders. Pls friends our trailer is finally out����
Please engage.
Subscribe, if you haven't already. Leave a comment, like the video. Follow all our social media handles, and share this video. Lastly please watch till the end,.��
God bless you
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by everythinggirly(f): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2022
That school brought out many stars, A great school indeed!
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Machalla(m): 6:55am On Oct 14, 2022
Mandate2023:

grin grin grin u need help, if u continue like dis I don't think ur life will ever have meaning

Wetin concern tinubu with UNILAG......SW in general will always lead in terms of education and human development in Nigeria while ur state gets more terrible by d day, no institution from south yeast was even mentioned grin grin grin seems dey have told u to always blame tinubu for everything oloriburuku
Lol it is the "oloriburuku" for me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 14, 2022
You failed woefully to faithfully report an ordinary piece of ranking news! For your information, University of Ibadan and UNILAG shared the first position in world ranking! Your title here is incorrect, misleading!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by harley88(m): 7:00am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:

Don’t be silly, it’s a federal university

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 14, 2022
harley88:

Don’t be silly, it’s a federal university

Must you answer the ethnic bigot? Leave his to his folly, please.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by DenreleDave(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2022
fake... University of ibadan is the first. why wud mod take this to front page without verifying.
FreeStuffsNG:
UNILAG tops Nigerian varsities, ranks 401-500th in world

https://punchng.com/unilag-tops-nigerian-varsities-ranks-401-500th-in-world/

UI
Unilag
Covenant
BUK
Futa

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by Iwedunloye: 7:03am On Oct 14, 2022
Corridon:

Let’s see where the Universities in Anambra are ranked or Obi’s greed made them ranked woefully

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by DenreleDave(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2022
very pathetic dt freestuffng misled the public and the yeye mods too cudnt confirm
othermen:
Okay
Congratulations to UNILAG

UI is actually the first based on the times higher rankings.

Why can’t Nigeria news media just verify information that is easily obtainable and verifiable.

They are both in the same category of 400-500 but UI name appeared on this list earlier than UNILAG.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2023/world-ranking#!/page/4/length/100/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-nigeria
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by DenreleDave(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2022
faceland:

I think it is Ahamadu Bello Zaria that is the pride of the North. I have seen Bayaro graduate that can't speak broken English (don't understand even broken English).

then go and remove buk and put abu na.. i have seen abu student sef dt cant comprehend ordinary broken english talkless of speaking it grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by frog12: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2022
rubbish
Re: UNILAG Tops Nigerian Varsities, Ranks 401-500th In The World by HRMK: 7:08am On Oct 14, 2022
BUT UNIBADAN WAS RANKED HIGHER THAN UNILAG IN 2021!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana / 2012/2013 WAEC RESULT Statistics(mass Failure) / N75,000 Bursary For Education Students: FG To Attach Strict Conditions -TRCN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.