Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released (12306 Views)

Senator Ningi’s Allegations & Indiscriminate Insertions In 2024 Budget By BudgIT / Buhari Government: 2900 Payments Worth N51bn Paid Into Personal Accounts– BudgIT / List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by XerXers: 1:33am On Oct 14, 2022
HarryDuce:
Kano takes the top spot as the most populated state and also the state with the most personnel on state payroll.
Population data is very wrong.
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by tribalmall: 2:18am On Oct 14, 2022
Please show us where it say Lagos is spending so much to generate so much like you claim before I know how next to reply this foolish comment of yours.

You want the work force reduce in social services for a population of 12M you chose to foolishly compare to less than 1/3 of Rivers .

Faiththatworks:
it seems Gov Wike is a genius.
That man is a financial guru,he's almost competing with Lagos on the amount expended on developmental project while keeping his recurrent expediture very very low.
The figures from Rivers State shows Lagos State has no excuse to have such a very oveebloated workforce.
Something is wrong with Lagos State,it's sending so much to generate so much,the Governor must reduce the workforce or renegotiate some contracts draining the states income.
There's also the argument that Rivers is an oil producing state,can budgiT pls try to breakdown in income how much the oil producing state received from the federal government.
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by Faiththatworks(m): 5:37am On Oct 14, 2022
tribalmall:
Please show us where it say Lagos is spending so much to generate so much like you claim before I know how next to reply this foolish comment of yours.

You want the work force reduce in social services for a population of 12M you chose to foolishly compare to less than 1/3 of Rivers .

I usually don't reply ignorant and uncouth people like you,but I will take an exception on this topic.
Your ignorance is apparent in your words,those figures say a lot about what each state is doing,you need to get a stastician to educate your ignorant and uncouth mind.
It's clearly stated in the data that Lagos spends over 400 billion on recurrent expenditure,I know you probably don't understand what that means,go back to school to know what makes up recurrent expediture.
It also spends over 400 billion on capital expediture.
Let me break it down to your level of understanding,in 2021,Lagos state spent 400 billion on salaries, pension, paying loan obligation e.t.c
Something is terribly wrong if you have to spend that humongous amount on overhead and loan repayment.
The 400 billion on expenditure is considered an investment,that's what is used in building hospitals, schools,roads,brigdes and other infrastructure which in turn generate more revenue for the state.
My argument is simple,Rivers State spent 400 billion for its capital expenses,while its recurrent expenses was below 200 billion.
Lagos State needs to reduce its expenses and there are agencies that need to be totally disbanded from the state,they are a leech on the state income.
Why do you need VIO,lastma, Neighborhood watch,lassra,lasepa,lasdri and so many parastals duplicating the functions of each other.
Gov Sanwo-olu should be courageous and do the needful before the wage bill becomes a burden on the state
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by anonimi: 6:04am On Oct 14, 2022
ayinde2020:
Eko for show

Show of looting or show of what?
Is that why you want to elevate Thiefnuibu to the federal commonwealth for a-looter continua of Buhari's reckless looting and incompetence since 2015?

oshozondii:
The Lagos State Government has borrowed over N126 billion domestically in the last quarter of 2021, the Debt Management Office (DMO) has said.

According to a report released by the DMO, Lagos, whose domestic debt stood at N532.12 billion as of September 30, 2021, is now owing N658.95 billion as at the end of December, 2021.

This represents an increase of N126.83 billion in the last three months of the year 2021, according to the DMO.

DAILY POST observed that Lagos is the State with the highest domestic debt figure as of the time under review.

Ogun State comes second with a total of N232.62 billion debt as of December.

Ogun’s debt profile rose from N192.41 billion to N232.62 within three months, making a debt increase of N40 billion.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/21/domestic-debt-lagos-borrows-over-n126bn-in-three-months-dmo-releases-other-states-figures/

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

itubaba001:
Lagos, the commercial hub of Nigeria, has been ranking as one of the worst places to live in the world for the nine straight years, a BusinessDay analysis shows.

Data from the 2019 Global Liveability Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the world’s leader in global business intelligence, shows the city has been within the range of 137th-139th position out of a total of 140 cities in the world from year 2011-2019.

Last year, Nigeria overtook India as the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, thereby becoming the world capital of poverty, according to the Brookings Institute. This year, the number has risen to 91.6 million from 87 million in June 2018. Every minute, six Nigerians enter the group of extremely poor people, according to the World Poverty Clock.

https://businessday.ng/uncategorized/article/lagos-ranks-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-for-nine-straight-years/

The lack of state-owned pipe-borne water in the homes of Lagos residents has continued to be a source of concern, a non-profit group, Corporate Accountability and Public Advocacy Africa (CAPPA) has said.

At a press event to mark this year’s World Water Day, the group said its monitoring team’s visit to state-owned waterworks showed that most of them are not operational.

The group said the waterworks it visited include the ones at Maryland, Mushin, Ikorodu, Obalende, Agbowa, Onikan, Ikoyi, and Amuwo Odofin.

Only the one in Ikoyi is producing water, according to CAPPA.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/450615-world-water-day-lagos-water-crisis-worsening-group-says.html

A 45-year-old resident and father of three, Mr.Fatai Lamide told PUNCH HealthWise that no building in the community has toilet facilities.

The Oyo State-born mechanic said, “We don’t have toilet in this area, including our compound. This canal that you see serves as toilet to all of us living in this area. We defecate inside nylon and throw it inside the canal.

“For people that don’t want to use nylon, they have a special bucket that they use after which they pour it inside the canal too.

https://punchng.com/cholera-outbreak-looms-in-lagos-communities-as-residents-use-canal-lagoon-as-toilet/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by mrvitalis(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2022
SmartPolician:
What's the yardstick used? That's because I am surprised to see Akwa Ibom at #24 and Abia State ranking better than Borno State!

Why is Imo State GDP higher than those of Anambra, Ogun and Delta States? These states have more industries and economic activities than Imo State.
IMO hospitality industry is something most people ignore ...there are more hotels in IMO than industries in Anambra Ogun and Delta combined

Hotels are high cashflow business ... which translates to higher GDP , plus the oil and gas industry in IMO especially gas industry when that comes online IMO would overtake rivers state to be behind Lagos only

IMO has much potential just like our sister abia ...Anambra is just there because of the work obi did ...if IMO abs abia have an obi for 8 years we would be closer to Lagos than rivers is closer to us

1 Like

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by HarryDuce(m): 6:28am On Oct 14, 2022
XerXers:

This is GDP. Not IGR
Yes I said that. Largest economy. The next image shows IGR
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 14, 2022
Owerriboi:

Which GDP? Imo state in reality is a cursed backward useless worthless shithole state ravaged by dilapidated roads, ipob terrorists, kidnappers, commercial sex hawkers, etc
quoting you back is really a time wasting adventure
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by hush15: 8:19am On Oct 14, 2022
Faiththatworks:
Kai Fear Benue State....
I'm passionate about data,figures when trying to point out development in Nigeria.
We need to understand the Numbers to help us know where and how to spend our resources.
Back to the figures released by BudgiT,(God bless that wonderful organization for Always using these numbers to point out our deficiencies as as a nation),it seems Gov Wike is a genius.
That man is a financial guru,he's almost competing with Lagos on the amount expended on developmental project while keeping his recurrent expediture very very low.
The figures from Rivers State shows Lagos State has no excuse to have such a very oveebloated workforce.
Something is wrong with Lagos State,it's sending so much to generate so much,the Governor must reduce the workforce or renegotiate some contracts draining the states income.
There's also the argument that Rivers is an oil producing state,can budgiT pls try to breakdown in income how much the oil producing state received from the federal government.
Back to Benue, seriously the figures from Benue is very very grim,it essentially spent 86 billion on paying salaries, pension and probably some loan obligation in one year while only 16 billion was spent on building roads,bridges, school e.t.c over a period of 2 years.
Kai I can't imagine the level of underdevelopment in Benue State.
The capital expediture of Benue state for 2 years is probably equal to that of 2 local government in Rivers or Lagos State.
Hmmmmmm God help Benue.
Finally God bless Gov Umahi of Ebonyi state,I don't know how he's doing it but it's evident that all we hear about Ebonyi state is not mere hype,even the figures confirm it.
God bless Nigeria

Thank you for that comment on Lagos. Projects are drain pipe for the governing party in Lagos. Those projects takes forever, and the amount is so outrageous and the reason is very obvious, half of that project is padded for kickbacks and am not capping. Lagos is the state where project of 500k can go for 5billion cos all those involved must chop from office clerk in issuing ministry to PA, governor's office. This is the way Tinubu's boys run lagos, they use everything to compensate each other for loyalty or personal aggrandizement. Then on workforce, Ofcourse, because if the way the governnent works, the civil service has been politicized and bastardized. Prejudice, bias and corruption has been so entrenched that people are just redundant and a good example LIRS, most staff of LIRS staff are redundant cos alphabeta is already performing their role, yet they are retained and must be paid salary to sustain party loyalists. Another is the local government, those ones have been rendered useless but they collect allocation to grease party structure. VIO, Lastma and others like that over bloated just to absorb party faithfuls and pay them peanuts to sustain loyalist. The most recent ones are the Lagos neighborhood Safety Corp, those one are just collecting salary without engaging them purposefully cos am yet to see their impact is curbing or reducing the crime rate in lagos. Rather, they use the government status to pick on vulnerable private citizens in the state and extort them due to idleness. Am not against them creating jobs or employment but they like mosquitoes, feeding off the system without any really substantial contribution or impact on the state economy. Just a party reward system.
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by 752hub: 8:34am On Oct 14, 2022
How can taraba be "0" not possible
HarryDuce:
Kano takes the top spot as the most populated state and also the state with the most personnel on state payroll.
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by AwkaFinest: 10:24am On Oct 14, 2022
mrvitalis:

IMO hospitality industry is something most people ignore ...there are more hotels in IMO than industries in Anambra Ogun and Delta combined

Hotels are high cashflow business ... which translates to higher GDP , plus the oil and gas industry in IMO especially gas industry when that comes online IMO would overtake rivers state to be behind Lagos only

IMO has much potential just like our sister abia ...Anambra is just there because of the work obi did ...if IMO abs abia have an obi for 8 years we would be closer to Lagos than rivers is closer to us

Ndi chest beater

1 Like

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by XerXers: 10:45am On Oct 14, 2022
HarryDuce:
Yes I said that. Largest economy. The next image shows IGR
Okay. GDP of Imo and Anambra tops all SW States except Lagos. Also FDI of Abia is second to Lagos. GDP is a better measure of wealth than IGR
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by kolexy(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
Faiththatworks:
Kai Fear Benue State....
I'm passionate about data,figures when trying to point out development in Nigeria.
We need to understand the Numbers to help us know where and how to spend our resources.
Back to the figures released by BudgiT,(God bless that wonderful organization for Always using these numbers to point out our deficiencies as as a nation),it seems Gov Wike is a genius.
Back to Benue, seriously the figures from Benue is very very grim,it essentially spent 86 billion on paying salaries, pension and probably some loan obligation in one year while only 16 billion was spent on building roads,bridges, school e.t.c over a period of 2 years.
Kai I can't imagine the level of underdevelopment in Benue State.
The capital expediture of Benue state for 2 years is probably equal to that of 2 local government in Rivers or Lagos State.
Hmmmmmm God help Benue.
Finally God bless Gov Umahi of Ebonyi state,I don't know how he's doing it but it's evident that all we hear about Ebonyi state is not mere hype,even the figures confirm it.
God bless Nigeria

Rivers and Lagos can never have the same workforce. Lagos is a conurbation while Rivers is a one city state. Waste management in Lagos alone is bigger that what they do in some states. There is LASTMA, Waterways Management, LAWMA, Public works. These are big agencies with large number of employees to support Lagosian from Ibeju Lekki to Ajangbadi.

2 Likes

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by HRMK: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2022
David160:

Lagos was booming even when your druggie was in diapers
show me a single nigerian billionaire that isnt a druggie?where do these obidients get the dollars used in the container biz?as to diapers,show me a single septuagenarian that isnt on one form of medication or other!ask atiku why he turned dubai to his second home!even by looking at the younger obi,he is also obviously on medications!those in their 40s and 50s are also on medications!!

1 Like

Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by HRMK: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2022
Workch:
What foundation?
Lagos has always been the biggest economy even before Tinubu became governor
when it was the federal capital and enjoying freebies from the fg!what was the igr for the state then and what is now?even when obasanjo refused to give tinubu his monthly allocations,he survived in glory!not even wike could make it if his allocation is witheld for a month!we all know wike is only interested in spending money!NOT HOW TO GENERATE MONEY!!
Re: BudgIT: State-Of-states 2022 Edition Released by OVB123: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
dominic17:
Lagos is the commercial capital of the country warehousing the head quarters of banks, insurance, companies, seaport, airport etc. the employees of these organization pay tax to Lagos state government other states do not enjoy these benefits

Thank you very much for doing justice to the question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Plans To Arraign Me In Court On Phony Charges - Omoyele Sowore / El-rufai Donates Land To Methodist Church / APC Is The Only Party That Believes In Youths – Governor Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.