Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Get-rich-quick Syndrome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Get-rich-quick Syndrome (424 Views)

The Get Rich Quick (blow) Syndrome Ravaging Our Society / Meconium Aspiration Syndrome: Help My Baby / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by begoniaa: 10:43am On Oct 14, 2022
Okay, so can we finally talk about this? Like really discuss about this and not the passing comments and observations we make once in a while.

Maybe it's a "generational bias" on my part, but it seems to me like this phenomenon has worsen in the past years. Or it may have just always been there, but like why?

I am not against people having and making money, but the cutthroat and obsessed ways of seeking for it is what bothers me.

People are doing outrageous things... that do not even only compromise their morals, but that are dangerous to others.

So, anyway, I am just going to post these screenshots here that captures my thoughts and would love to hear different people perspectives on this issue.

Here is the Twitter thread that spurred this below, by the way:

https://twitter.com/NonhleBeryl/status/1579571242914713600?t=oPwgeUenuOfKtKeP2zVDLQ&s=19

Re: The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by superCleanworks(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2022
and it gets worse daily.
police doing ORGAN HARVESTING and Soldiers selling ammo to bandits when they know where those bullets will end up.
14 year old kids roasting their babe head for ritual.
Wipe out a whole family and open their skull with pestle.
eating shit in shop for more sales.
kidnapping and taking the money to the club to oppress.
Wreckless betting.
communitt drug dealing not caring if the buyer is your cousin as long as he/she pays.

Then hope is very far away.
Re: The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
kiss
Re: The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by yemmit90: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
Until Africans and African leaders take humans development serious, get rich syndrome will continue till thy kingdom come.

Until black Africans are able to solved or addressed fundamental humans needs( which is the secret of developed countries), they will never see progress.

Humans rarely took to crime if they can eat what they want and lives in good houses or environments.
Re: The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by eazzzy1(m): 5:48am On Oct 15, 2022
The get rich quick syndrome is usually common with high power distance societies like Nigeria. A society where the differences between the quality of life of the rich vs the poor is just abysmal.

In a country like Canada where a CEO and a cleaner can drive the same cars, have their kids in the same schools, live in the same neighborhood etc. the get rich syndrome isn’t as compounded.

My mentor would say, whenever you see a rot, ask yourself how did I contribute to it? The tweeter is probably a nairalander calling boys broke, she probably treats sales girls and madams differently, she probably only respond to the dms of guys who look rich etc. Everyone is trying to come up to be treated better.
Re: The Get-rich-quick Syndrome by chinae(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2022
This is seemingly trailing the complication path

Couple of years ago, I had attributed these syndrome to parents and employers (esp: Indians, libanese, Chinese), now it have numerous origins.

Parents are so concerned in raising 'always happy' children/child. They do not want to deprive them of anything even the ones with very obvious effect on their health, they see it as 'love'.. The early stages of life is the curious phase and they tend to normalize every happenings.

All these Asian slave-masters came to Nigeria and started dishing peanuts as salaries and 50% worklife. A parent that could not provide essential house needs usually end up being disrespected by his kids. The kid(s) will end up with bad peers that are open to recruit and teach them how to grow fake wealth.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This Person? / My Journey To Becoming A Thriving Stay At Home Mom / The Self Acclaimed Kenya Jesus Released From Jail!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.