Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,668 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition (2475 Views)

Yomi Black: Peter Obi's Ambition Is Fueled By The Delusion Of Social Media / 2023: Northerners React To Peter Obi's Ambition (Pictures) / Ganduje: We Are Opposed To The Breakup Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by GeneralPula: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
paramakina202:

Where is the endorsement?
Wait until Peter Obi pay him a visit.
Your brothers are already saying Jonathan has 1 votes lol
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by techWriter3: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
sash wants not rely on so called big wigs
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by paramakina202: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
GeneralPula:

Your brothers are already saying Jonathan has 1 votes lol
I am not them.
If GEJ endorses any one it will be on national news.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by frankson1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
slimfit1:
Jonathan has one vote, if his people supporting him don't understand something about these people called leaders, understand this point Jonathan is only fighting for his stomach infrastructure for that reason he will support Atiku. Jonathan is not a man of positive principles so his joining PDP should not be strange to me I don't know about you.
Jonathan is a poor decision maker that's why he lost the election to a big fool like Buhari. Jonathan should not be the kind of leader we should aspire to want to be. I'll rather be like the Ukrainian President than Jonathan.

Is Jonathan not a PDP member anymore
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Kutunban: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ttalk:
That is the same man some people carry for head like Gala

You soiled your relationship with Yoruba your closest ally that preserved your properties during the civil war. A tribe that has never for once fight you on their land despite so many provocations. A region where many of your illustrious sons and daughter had their education, where they are seeking their daily bread and living a comfortable life.

You soiled that relationship because they voted Buhari against Jonathan. Main while, Yoruba were not the only region that voted for Buhari, the north and Atiku left PDP to APC and still vote for Buhari, but you didn't count the sins of Atiku when you vote for him en masse in 2019, but still hold grudges against SW for exercising their civil responsibility.

Now Jonathan has moved on and now supporting Atiku, a man who left PDP to support his kingsman. Jonathan is back in PDP with the same Atiku that caused his electoral loss.

Today, the East has become an orphan as the SW has consciously awoken and would henceforth threat the East for who they are. Just like Jonathan and SS are consciously supporting PDP, SW will equally support SS or north even when SE is on the ballot. This is the sad result of SE's unwarranted hatred against SW and other regions in Nigeria.

Will the trend changes, only time will tell. But I hope the obidients who are mostly Igbo realize this bitter truth and make an amendment

1999-2007 didn't the SE vote the SW?
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by XerXers: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
GeneralPula:

Superiority makes Igbo people hates Yoruba. During the Biafra or death, they didn’t hate on Yoruba alone, it was Nigeria at large. Their hatred doesn’t really affect anything, hence why you see Yoruba are not reacting..

But if somebody like Okorocha or Orji Kalu can get the presidential ticket, then there is likely a chance for Igbos to rule. I think those 2 are well spread & are not tribalistic, and with the right support, they’ll surely win. Their problem now is you won’t see igbo people supporting who can win most times..

As for me, after Tinubu, the next southern man I’ll want southerners to produce is either Amaechi or Wike - I don’t know who SS people would present between the 2..

My mind tells me El-Rufai is likely going to be the next northern candidate..
Igbos don't support who can win, we support who can perform. You should be ashamed for your support for Buhari
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by OsunOriginal: 2:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
XerXers:

Igbos don't support who can win, we support who can perform. You should be ashamed for your support for Buhari

No wonder all the southeast states are like Dubai grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by GeneralPula: 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
XerXers:

I didn’t support buhari during the last elections. I supported Donald Duke.

That aside, mention some of the people Igbos supported that performed?
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by asanausana91: 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
XerXers:

Weak people always try to find strength in numbers. Lol. Igbos remain the strongest tribe that are ready to stand alone.
that is where your problem begin
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Discountsempai: 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan, has endorsed the Atiku/ Okowa presidential bid.

Mr Jonathan revealed this when a PDP delegation led by vice presidential candidate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as well as Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state visited him in Abuja on Wednesday evening.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Given that an average Obidient is a fervid supporter of GEJ, i'm waiting to see how the Obidients will react to this.

My opinion: Obi will lose in both SE/SS. For those who don't know how electioneering works and who controls the real voting crowd, a big shocker is waiting for you.

GEJ is a PDP man. Expecting a PDP man to suddenly support LP is like expecting Putin to suddenly call Biden his lord and master.

Unless GEJ has resigned his membership of PDP, as a PDP member he is expected to support and follow his party candidate. If he supported Obi, he would have been expelled from PDP for anti-party activities. (Yes, they can do it.).

You tinubu supporters should focus on the issues. (No, I am not obidient , atikulating or tinubiist.)
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Discountsempai: 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kutunban:

1999.....yes they did, because both candidates were...from the SW. (The only viable igbo candidate lost in the primaries)

2003...Anambra went to APGA and Ojukwu, but the rest went to Obasanjo (largely because whatever his issues...Obj is at least pan Nigerian in his outlook...and no, I am not his fan...).

2007...the main candidates from the main parties were all Northerners. AC was running Atiku, ANPP was running Buhari, PDP was running Yaradua.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Ttalk: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
GeneralPula:

Superiority makes Igbo people hates Yoruba. During the Biafra or death, they didn’t hate on Yoruba alone, it was Nigeria at large. Their hatred doesn’t really affect anything, hence why you see Yoruba are not reacting..

But if somebody like Okorocha or Orji Kalu can get the presidential ticket, then there is likely a chance for Igbos to rule. I think those 2 are well spread & are not tribalistic, and with the right support, they’ll surely win. Their problem now is you won’t see igbo people supporting who can win most times..

As for me, after Tinubu, the next southern man I’ll want southerners to produce is either Amaechi or Wike - I don’t know who SS people would present between the 2..

I think Soludo will get more appeal than either of the two, besides political consciousness would continue to increase and there won't be place for non performer.

Between Amaechi and Wike, and yes it could tilt toward places like Akwa Ibom if the governors continue on the infrastructural project they are doing. Past records and state or regional status will play more role in future election while religion and ethnicity will decrease rapidly if Tinubu can win with the MM combo

1 Like

Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by N3TRAL: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
Discountsempai:

1999.....yes they did, because both candidates were...from the SW. (The only viable igbo candidate lost in the primaries)

2003...Anambra went to APGA and Ojukwu, but the rest went to Obasanjo (largely because whatever his issues...Obj is at least pan Nigerian in his outlook...and no, I am not his fan...).

2007...the main candidates from the main parties were all Northerners. AC was running Atiku, ANPP was running Buhari, PDP was running Yaradua.

2003 election was fraudulent.

Abel Guobadia led INEC wrote results in government houses.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Ttalk: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Kutunban:

I don't want to digress on this subject as Yoruba do not believe SE vote for them based on the record, how you are able to convince them will determine whether such point can be used to win support from them in the near future.

Sincerely SE are not doing enough regarding their place in future election

For instance majority of SS big politicians are in PDP but you hardly see them in confrontation with the SW, despite having one of their son as VP candidate but that cannot be said of SE people, they turned the campaign into a fight between SW and SE.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Ttalk: 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
Discountsempai:

GEJ is a PDP man. Expecting a PDP man to suddenly support LP is like expecting Putin to suddenly call Biden his lord and master.

Unless GEJ has resigned his membership of PDP, as a PDP member he is expected to support and follow his party candidate. If he supported Obi, he would have been expelled from PDP for anti-party activities. (Yes, they can do it.).

You tinubu supporters should focus on the issues. (No, I am not obidient , atikulating or tinubiist.)

Then why are many of you blaming Tinubu for supporting Buhari, Not only blame but it has turned to reason why many hate him
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by tribalmall: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Na wa Ebele Jonathan talk na Yoruba your foolish Igbo father de see foe dream.

XerXers:

Afonjas don't have sense. A primitive feudalist oligarchy of minority fulani is what they are running to in other to escape Igbos superior individualism and capitalist might. Let's see how fulani can save them.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by tribalmall: 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
If you n you Igbo tribesmen didn't say more than this before the APC primary I would have believed u

XerXers:

South south will never Ally with afonjas. Your tracherous politics that removed southern president can never be wiped out through your media propaganda. Thiefnubuu hope in the North is now hopeless and attempt to wipe anti igbo sentiment in the south south is dead on arrival. Worst case scenario, Atiku wins. Your myopic tribal agenda will be buried after Buhari leaves office. You will recoil to your enclave and only make noise with Lagos as usual
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by tribalmall: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
The way Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Kalu Orji Theodore Orji Abaribe Peter Obi have stolen the past present n future of your father u n your unborn generation with pathetic clueless governance
toneroforever:

Ur opinion above shows that u don't have a mind of ur own. A politician steals ur future, gives u 5k & u still vote for him.
Urchins r the real problem we have in this country, constantly putting us in reverse gear.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Discountsempai: 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ttalk:

Then why are many of you blaming Tinubu for supporting Buhari, Not only blame but it has turned to reason why many hate him

Tinubu and Buhari are in the same party, so I expect him to support Buhari.

Don't know who those people are that you are saying that they blame tinubu for supporting Buhari. Go and meet them.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by tribalmall: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
If Umahi can bid his time under APC I will actually prefer him to the two u listed.

GeneralPula:

Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by toneroforever(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
tribalmall:
The way Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Kalu Orji Theodore Orji Abaribe Peter Obi have stolen the past present n future of your father u n your unborn generation with pathetic clueless governance

Ur crying & ranting r irrelevant. Ur future is at stake come 2023. Stop behaving like an urchin. Resist the 5K temptation & vote wisely.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Laggafin: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They led him to a disgraceful defeat. He is wiser now and understands that politics is a game of numbers.

Those hateful lots who "carried him for head like gala" do not have the numbers to make him president the moment GEJ lost the support from the 3 super majority tribes by population in Nigeria; Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani.
See mumu post.. Fulani super majority.. common sense is no longer common
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by GeneralPula: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
tribalmall:
If Umahi can bid his time under APC I will actually prefer him to the two u listed.

Oh yeah, Dave skipped my mind. Dave Umahi is a visionary leader. He's with top people in Apc which makes it very cool for him..

You people should work for him cuz the grassroots is always needed. I believe Nigeria will vote for Dave Umahi very well.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Buckeyemedia1: 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
XerXers:

Weak people always try to find strength in numbers. Lol. Igbos remain the strongest tribe that are ready to stand alone.
Empty Barrels will always make the loudest noise.

Then why come to a Nigerian forum and tell us this fallacy opinion, why not browse in an all Ndi Igbo forum where your opinion is law.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by tiger28: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ttalk:
That is the same man some people carry for head like Gala

You soiled your relationship with Yoruba your closest ally that preserved your properties during the civil war. A tribe that has never for once fight you on their land despite so many provocations. A region where many of your illustrious sons and daughter had their education, where they are seeking their daily bread and living a comfortable life.

You soiled that relationship because they voted Buhari against Jonathan. Main while, Yoruba were not the only region that voted for Buhari, the north and Atiku left PDP to APC and still vote for Buhari, but you didn't count the sins of Atiku when you vote for him en masse in 2019, but still hold grudges against SW for exercising their civil responsibility.

Now Jonathan has moved on and now supporting Atiku, a man who left PDP to support his kingsman. Jonathan is back in PDP with the same Atiku that caused his electoral loss.

Today, the East has become an orphan as the SW has consciously awoken and would henceforth threat the East for who they are. Just like Jonathan and SS are consciously supporting PDP, SW will equally support SS or north even when SE is on the ballot. This is the sad result of SE's unwarranted hatred against SW and other regions in Nigeria.

Will the trend changes, only time will tell. But I hope the obidients who are mostly Igbo realize this bitter truth and make an amendment

"Today, the East has become an orphan as the SW has consciously awoken and would henceforth threat the East for who they are. Just like Jonathan and SS are consciously supporting PDP, SW will equally support SS or north even when SE is on the ballot. This is the sad result of SE's unwarranted hatred against SW and other regions in Nigeria.

Will the trend changes, only time will tell. But I hope the obidients who are mostly Igbo realize this bitter truth and make an amendment"

Bitter FACT Here!!!
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by Orangedreams: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
OsunOriginal:
Former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan, has endorsed the Atiku/ Okowa presidential bid.

Mr Jonathan revealed this when a PDP delegation led by vice presidential candidate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as well as Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi state visited him in Abuja on Wednesday evening.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Given that an average Obidient is a fervid supporter of GEJ, i'm waiting to see how the Obidients will react to this.

My opinion: Obi will lose in both SE/SS. For those who don't know how electioneering works and who controls the real voting crowd, a big shocker is waiting for you.

So GEJ support for PDP is the reason OBI will loose right? If GEJ had that electioneering whatever you referring to then he shouldn't have lost to Buhari. He doesn't have it, so his support for PDP can't be a determining factor to whether Obi wins or loose.
Re: GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition by OsunOriginal: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
Orangedreams:

So GEJ support for PDP is the reason OBI will loose right? If GEJ had that electioneering whatever you referring to then he shouldn't have lost to Buhari. He doesn't have it, so his support for PDP can't be a determining factor to whether Obi wins or loose.

GEJ did not lose to Buhari in Bayelsa state. If Obi loses Bayelsa, Rivers, etc, where else does he hope to get votes from? Osun or Sokoto?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Submitted Blank Pages As Also Response To Peter Obi's Petition / More Billions Leave Nigeria's Crude Account ! / North Offered Ndigbo Vp, But We Rejected It, Says Ezeife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.