Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory (34354 Views)

Yahaya Bello And Dangote Reconcile, Settle Rift Over Obajana Cement (Photos) / Kogi Government Moves To Recover Obajana Cement Company From Dangote / Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by kingyakos: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
GeneralPula:
Cool..

Closing it is useless..

I doubt if there's any sense left in ur brain
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Image123(m): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
kestolove95:
ready to dey pay ransom for ur staffs coz okla boys go dey kidnap dem

Use your brain bro. Kogi state is better off with that cement plant in operation than closed. Your useless state government cannot run it and can't provide the income(both passive and active) generated. Your message to the world and private investors is that your state is not a good place for business. If you have issues, pick it up with your government or at worst go to court.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Yoighaman(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
I remain neutral on this case, but this is how they start community crisis, these guys might start disrupting the activities of the company on the low. Just like the Niger-Delta guys did.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by kingyakos: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Brunicekid:
FG don talk

FG or fulani don talk

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by SouthSouth1914: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
olaboy33:
I'll like to see how this will turn out.

I haven't seen anyone gone head to head with Dangote before.

BUA did.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Judolisco(m): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2022
saintkel:
Ok...FG should have brought both to d table n reconcile them
fight no dey dis matter now.... Yahaya bello no jst get sense.... Useless governor

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Princevirus(m): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hausa l/Fulani interest is superior to anyother thing in this country. Dangote must have whatever he wants no matter the cost whether you live or die.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Judolisco(m): 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Yoighaman:
I remain neutral on this case, but this is how they start community crisis, these guys might start disrupting the activities of the company on the low. Just like the Niger-Delta guys did.
tah... How many people dey obajana wey wan fight... Community people don't have a problem with dangote..... Na yahaya bello dey find wetin no lost

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Image123(m): 6:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
GerogeI:
Story,
If kogi people open the plant and block the roads nko?
Move all dilapidated cars in kogi state to obajana. Set up picketing groups to shoot randomly and turn the place into a war zone. They will draft dodiers in, but no truck will move.

Alternatively, the state Government can quickly pass a law impossing a special tax on all cement (dangote) trucks for environmental degradation, with outrageous amount per truck(1,000,000). Setup a task force on every exit to legally detain the truck. That will bring him to the negotiation table fast.

The fault remains with the government and those who made initial deals with Dangote when he bought Obajana. The problem with most Nigerians is shortsightedness. We pray, beg, lobby and sell ourselves cheap when looking for big companies, schools, universities etc. to come to our village. Instead of thinking big and into the future, we'll make silly selfish deals and myopic agreements. After, when the establishment is legally prospering, we start getting jealous and acting like witches and wizards.
Dangote is not legally bound to do anything outside his cement plant except there's such an agreement. And i am so sure, there's a quota of his staff and contractors that must come from Kogi state and the local government. If you guys are tired, no problem. He'll close the place and you can live happily ever after.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Patriotsleague: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
Yahaya Bello is quite myopic and a very selfish man, how will you shut down the biggest employer and IGR for your state. Bello is one of the most useless governors.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Sunnymatey(m): 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
Bello, Buhari adopted son is collecting his own dose.
One by one, them go wise up.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by kestolove95(m): 6:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
Image123:

Use your brain bro. Kogi state is better off with that cement plant in operation than closed. Your useless state government cannot run it and can't provide the income(both passive and active) generated. Your message to the world and private investors is that your state is not a good place for business. If you have issues, pick it up with your government or at worst go to court.
chairman am not from kogi state dats 1, 2 i know how those boys operate, very wicked nd heartless thats y i made that comment so pls know as u use words on people
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Timipeter(m): 6:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
I laugh in Yoruba ������
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Image123(m): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
kestolove95:
chairman am not from kogi state dats 1, 2 i know how those boys operate, very wicked nd heartless thats y i made that comment so pls know as u use words on people

Alright, sorry about that. Thought you were rooting for the boys.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Yoighaman(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
Judolisco:
tah... How many people dey obajana wey wan fight... Community people don't have a problem with dangote..... Na yahaya bello dey find wetin no lost

Interesting, don't know much about the case anyway.
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by WithFact: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Curious345:
Hnmm...there was no way small boy Yahaya Bello could overide dangote ..

Yes the points raised by the kogi state government are valid and real..> >, the neglect ,the injustice etc .

When I watched that YouTube video , I wept .. obajana looks like a slum in ajegunle...

You talk well

The president does not really have the power to reopen the cement factory .. dangote must present himself at the kogi state House of assembly to clear himself , before that place can be opened ...
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by kestolove95(m): 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
Image123:

Alright, sorry about that. Thought you were rooting for the boys.
how can i root for such, haba no no....no pray to get problem wit ebira people oo dem go just finish u

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Deltavariant(m): 6:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Lecture them
truthCoder:
Foreign investors are watching.

No matter the dispute a governor has with a company, only legal means should be employed in resolving.

This is one of the reasons why companies that are dependent on consistency, reliability, security and going concern guarantees shy away from Nigeria.

Animalistic behaviors in business should be shunned

Same Dangote operates without issues in other countries.

Yahaya Bello could not go to court but chose to fight it out like it is boxing.

Now they have taken him to school.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by phemmyfour: 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
HeavenlyHolines:
Hausa oo. Una doh ooo
power pass power

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Jackbaur88: 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
Is when you start doing major stuff as it relates to business and investments you will know how bastardised our system is. We need to really commend businesses both indigenous and foreign that are investing in Nigeria.
Well done to Dangote and every business people out there

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by d142475: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
The Federal government has no power to tell the people of Kogi state how to manage their own resources. Jesus

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Kdon2: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
NotKnown:
Na. Dangote wants to use fg power to bully Kogi state people.

I pity them... Kogi people go show them pepper now. Na now the fight gangan go start

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Forumobserver12(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
GerogeI:
Story,
If kogi people open the plant and block the roads nko?
Move all dilapidated cars in kogi state to obajana. Set up picketing groups to shoot randomly and turn the place into a war zone. They will draft dodiers in, but no truck will move.

Alternatively, the state Government can quickly pass a law impossing a special tax on all cement (dangote) trucks for environmental degradation, with outrageous amount per truck(1,000,000). Setup a task force on every exit to legally detain the truck. That will bring him to the negotiation table fast.

You made so much sense, federal government has shown once again how bias and incompetent they are, they think everything is intimidation, Kogi State will still have the last laugh if they follow through this case, Federal government cannot be in Abuja and be detecting what happens in Kogi state...

Dangote should seat down with Kogi state Government and resolve this instead of him running to Abuja, he should understand that Kogi people seems to be in support of the Governor...

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by ATLIEN2027: 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
blessochampion:
I dedicate this FTC to all Obidients. May our wish come true in 2023.

Only if pigs could fly.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Loverboi2cute(m): 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
Shoodboi:
Can you fight a governor especially in circumstances like this? Even a president finds it hard to deal with a govenror, not to talk of a businessman.

hope u read d post well b4 spitting out...

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Selfmotivated: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
datopaper:
Why yahaya order the closure in the first place without judiciary pronouncement.
Bcuz he's the pharaoh of Kogites

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by goshen26: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2022
Aliko don make that call
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by sayso: 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Yankee101: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ordered? Na una papa get land?
Re: FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory by Eskimo0147: 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
fiercehillz:
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"...George Orwell

Animal farm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo) / 10 Throwback Photos Of Buhari / Aisha Buhari At US Institute Of Peace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.