Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead (9340 Views)

Rebecca Aikhomu And Her Children Kidnapped In Edo / Breaking News: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead / Maryam Ibrahim Babangida By Augustus Aikhomu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by prettyG: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
Retired Admiral Aikhomu died in Lagos today after a prolonged illness.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by olutade: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by OAM4J: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2011
Former military vice persident under Ibrahim Babangida, Augustus Aikhomu is dead. Retired Admiral Aikhomu died in Lagos today after a prolonged illness.

Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Pharoh: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
RIP sad
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Arosa(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2011
the irony Aikhomu dies on IBB birthday.  undecided
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by okadaman2: 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
Babangida's co traveller. I feel nothing for him.

But sorry for his family's loss. Na so Dele Giwa die, na so Vatsa die, Na so people die everyday due to the corruption of these band of Looters. Bad Education, bad roads, bad healthcare service, terrible economic, bad politics, corrupt and unprofessional military, bad police service, Brain drain to foreign lands. Poor national reputation. Vain pursuit of power at all cost.

Death is a leveler, it forces all of us to become equal at the end. The death of a National leader is a good opportunity to examine their legacy. I'm not happy about his legacy and that of his brothers.

I feel for the family though.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Pukkah: 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
Death is enough as a lesson and deterrent for all mortals.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by ogasir2011: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
Died on IBB's 70th birthday. I smell fish.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by T8ksy(m): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
ogasir2011:

Na onli fish u smell?

U go soon smell suya, too.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by jamace(m): 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2011
N.aked we came from our mothers' womb. N.aked shall we return. Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
May his soul rot in Hell.

May his family have the dignity and fortitude to feed his body to vultures.

Arsehole!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by amblors(m): 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
hmm! Ojukwu & Sam Loco gone,
now AIK.
RIP.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by OmoLisabi(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sorry o
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by amblors(m): 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Arsehole!

you dey vex sha.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Ibomade1: 8:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
Saw him @ Murtala Mohammed Airport last year April.
You could tell he was not in a great shape.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by T8ksy(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
Why the man come die for Lagos?

Abi hin no get house for hin village?

He died after a prolong illness in Lagos

Sagamite:

Arsehole!

grin  grin  grin

LWKMD
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by OmoLisabi(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sagamite:

Arsehole!
Aro Aro Mo
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by elega(f): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by r231(m): 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
ogasir2011:

I smell meat grin grin grin
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by OmoLisabi(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
r231:

I smell meat grin grin grin
I smell snail.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Jettage: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Pukkah: 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
May he find his afterlife experience as interesting as he made Nigeria.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by redsun(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
He legacy is the same as that of his cohorts such as ibb,obj,danjuma,useni,yaradua,david mark and co-looting. May their descendants pay for their atrocities if they happen to escape it because of wuruwuru ridden and by death.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by HighChief4(m): 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2011
Death is inevitable, but these looters will never learn a thing or two from it. Even the ones that are not sure of being alive till the next 5yrs are still looting seriously. Good he is dead, less problem to the country
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by VoodooDoll(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
Well, he will have to answer to the Good Lord for his acts while on earth.

This dead man and his band of disgusting thieves have raped over 150m people.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by natume: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
I still vividly remember his days with IBB.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
This man helped in destroying our country.He should be kept in the hottest part of hell that is available.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
May his soul rest in perfect peace!!!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by abasifo(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2011
Reactions trail Aikkomu’s death
on AUGUST 17, 2011 · in NEWS

By Simon Ebegbulem

Reactions have continued to trail the death of former Chief of General Staff and military Vice-President Augustus Aikhomu, who died Wednesday, in Lagos.

Chief John Oyegun,  first executive Governor of Edo State,

“We have had more than our fair share of deaths in our state, we lost Enahoro, then the governor’s wife and now we are talking of a prominent Nigerian in Aikhomu. It is really tragic, very difficult to believe, I know he was ill but I never knew it will lead to death, it is quite painful.

My heartfelt sympathy to his family, his wife and  children. He contributed to the development of the nation both as a military man and a politician. He is one of the elder statesmen of both the state and the entire country. I don’t know what is happening to our medical facilities in this country.

Senator Rowland Stephen Owie, former Chief Whip of the senate

“It’s a disaster. He was a great Nigerian. Very very detribalized Nigerian. He is a man that says the truth always. He was my national leader in ANPP. His death is devastating to all of us. I spoke to him a week and half ago and he was sounding very healthy. We give God the glory. Its symbolic that he died on the birthday of Ibrahim Babangida his boss. May his gentle soul rest in peace.

Chief Tom Ikimi

He was my best friend. I spoke to him last week in London; I told him I was coming to London to visit him. His death is a monumental loss to our country and the state in particular. He is a very dependable and reliable person. His contributions to the development and stability of our country cannot be quantified. He made significant contributions to the end of the civil war. He was the commander of the Nigerian flag ship NNS Nigeria. He was an unblemished naval officer. I won’t be able to say much now be later because I am bereaved.

Chief Dan Orbih, Edo state PDP Chairman

A great Nigerian. A man of peace, leader, diplomat and a statesman. May his Gentle Soul rest in peace.

Gen. Charles Airhiavbere
It is a sad day for the military and Nigerians in general. I cannot tell you how shocked I am. It is a sad news for all of us. An intelligent man, politician and a man of truth. Those of us in the military know his worth. So his demise is a big blow to the Nigerian Armed forces and Edo people in particular. May his Gentle soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/breaking-news-augustus-aikhomu-is-dead/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/reactions-trail-aikkomus-death/
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by coogar: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2011
aikhomu dead on babangida's birthday?

something smells fishy.

mamagee, call 911.
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by drmoney: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Rest in Peace!
Re: Augustus Aikhomu Is Dead by redsun(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
What is going on with the bankole looting saga? Soon nigerians will forget he is a thief and vote him in as the president in the near future. Meanwhile EFCC is busy worrying about tithe,a small proportion of the loot while the main issues are being swept under the carpet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Most Corrupt Countries In Africa / President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano / APC To Wike: Return The N2bn Rivers Money You Donated To Ondo State PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.