Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:33 AM

President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano (9400 Views)

Ahmed Condemns Attack On Saraki, Others At Eid Praying Ground / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" / Buhari Condemns Attack On President Jonathan's Campaign Buses In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by youngies(m): 9:55am On Apr 30, 2012
The President's office has just issued the statement below condemning Sunday's terrorist attack on Bayero University, Kano.

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT JONATHAN CONDEMNS ATTACK ON BAYERO UNIVERSITY

"President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan condemns the murderous terrorist attack on the Bayero University Campus in Kano yesterday and the brutal killing of innocent worshippers at the University by vicious assailants.

"President Jonathan deeply regrets this utterly heinous descent to new depths of calumny by the perpetrators of the attack on one of the nation's most hallowed citadels of academic endeavour and its members.

"The President urges Nigerians to remain united in their condemnation and rejection of the terrorists who have shown even more clearly by their latest attacks on the media and the academic community that their objective is to destabilize the nation and its vital institutions.

President Jonathan conveys his deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of members of the Bayero University Community who sadly lost their lives in the attack.

As the nation mourns their tragic loss, the President urges Nigerians, once again, not to succumb to despair over the persistence of the terrorist attacks, but to remain assured that the Federal Government is doing everything possible to ensure that Nigeria overcomes the scourge of mindless terrorism.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
April 30, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/buildupnigeria/posts/400760529947508
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by maclatunji: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2012
It should put on front page for everybody to read.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Demdem(m): 12:56pm On Apr 30, 2012
^^^

not necessary at all. Another one is currently being drafted as i speak for those just killed in jalingo. will that one also be put there? I cant count the numbers of condolences the retardeen has signed since he took office.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by kokoA(m): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2012
He should have been tired of issuing this kind of press statement by now I guess. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Kx: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
As usual,
condemnations after attack without using the apparatus of state to put an end to the attacks.
Without derailing the thread,Why is Commander -In- Chief attached to the title, President if it cant be "invoked" to quell deadly terrorist attacks on innocent and unarmed citizens?
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem: ^^^

[b]not necessary at all. Another one is currently being drafted as i speak for those just killed in jalingo. will that one also be put there? I cant count the numbers of condolences the retardeen has signed since he took office.

HA! Are you suggesting that bombing is now a routine occurrence in Nigeria?
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
maclatunji:

HA! Are you suggesting that bombing is now a routine occurrence in Nigeria?

Unfortunately, that is the case. remember that the retardeen has forwarned us to brace up for the worst since things like this happens worldwide. Please check my signature below.

recent developments has proven what peeps like me has always said that PDP=Boko Haram (courtesy NSA).
Since the retardeen is the leader of PDP, this also suggest that he is also the leader of Boko. No wonder he has the name of sponsors and yet none of them is yet to be arrested. lets pray that the June deadline he gave his blood-sucking members to stop this bloodshed will hold. PDP/Boko needs blood and that explains their viciousness of recent

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Rhino5dm: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
Am I missing something?

"President Jonathan deeply regrets this utterly heinous descent to new depths of calumny by the perpetrators of the attack on one of the nation's most hallowed citadels of academic endeavour and its members.

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
Nigerian's has it come to this! angry a condolence speech is in order but it seems it has become enough these days - just saying you are sorry for the lives of people lost due to your phenomenally incomprehensible intransigence angry is not closure. it is not justice and it will never be enough.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by maclatunji: 1:51pm On Apr 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Nigerian's has it come to this! angry a condolence speech is in order but it seems it has become enough these days - just saying you are sorry for the lives of people lost due to your phenomenally incomprehensible intransigence angry is not closure. it is not justice and it will never be enough.

Until the people realise that they are being taken for a ride to limbo, things will continue like this.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by donwater(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2012
We hope d perpetrators r brought 2 justice
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by donwater(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2012
We hope d perpetrators r brought 2 justice n stop d killin of innocnt ppl
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by sylve11: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2012
This man is annoying me to the bone. . . .we don't want the abokis anymore. Hope they do not bomb you and we write something similar too undecided undecided cool
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by ignis: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem: ^^^

not necessary at all. Another one is currently being drafted as i speak for those just killed in jalingo. will that one also be put there? I cant count the numbers of condolences the retardeen has signed since he took office.
Blame that on the heartless islamic ... Do u think he is glad signing the condolence?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by HappyJoe: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
The "Condemner in Chief" of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has "condemned" Boko Haram again.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2012
Copy and paste condemnation statement. I guess there is a file in Dr Abati's folder where this kind of statement is stored for future and urgent use.
When will the president ever open his mouth and condemn these senseless acts by the those intend on causing terror in the country.
Now we know who is really in charge in this country. I have said it many times, GEJ hasn't got any leadership skills to govern this nation.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2012
This Faceless Group called Boko Haram is hell bent on breaking this country apart.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2012
U people should stop blaming our dear president. He can't act above his thinking faculty. The president's brain is 25MHZ which is too slow to run a country like Nigeria. All he can offer is read condolences and nothing happens to the boko boiz. Anyway let's sit back, relax and enjoy the FRESH BOMB we voted into power.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
[size=15pt]Honestly, these statements given by the president are becoming monotonous and are failing have even a feathery impact on the masses. He should bury his head in shame instead of issuing banal press releases every time a bomb goes off and lives are lost. All words and no action, "we are trying our best to curtail the activities of Boko haram.." blah blah blah. It's sickening!
Mr President, such a press release would have alleviated the fears of Nigerians if they had even the slightest assurance that something is being done about this plague known as Boko Haram, but you remain hidden away in Aso Rock while the commoners are left to their fate- survival of the luckiest!

Sad, sad, sad! cry cry cry [/size]
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by skales(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
Hausa people want to tore dis country apart abi?

God is watching o
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by ismhab(m): 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
What a shame to the president, it is now that he will condemn the attack, 24 hours past since yesterday.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by tommite: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
the lord is our strength in this nation,there is nothing we can do than to pray for nigeria
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Muttex(m): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2012
medicine after death....
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Finecat(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
Why Won't Boko Haram Bomb?? You have a president who is as Clueless as Dummy in office. BH knows they can get away with it, so why not do it?? Islamic Terrorist tried the same thing with George W Bush in 2001 when they flew planes inside the NY trade centers, Bush seriously dealt with them by taking the fight to where they came from (Afghanistan and Iraq). 11 years later, USA has not been attacked or Bombed and Osama Bin Dead! Can GEJ do the same thing?? Nope! The guy is a complete Dummy. The only language Islamic Terrorist understand is Violence! Top Govt. Officials knows the people behind these Bombs, Arrest them, try them and summarily execute them. And i bet you, we will not hear of anymore Bombs. But No, Nigerians are afraid of an inevitable civil war should these bombings continue.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by newborn99: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
@kayusfit, Na your presido you berate like that?.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by gulfer: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2012
Jonathan is totally hemmed in; unable to even go live and condemn the callous act on TV or radio...PDP!
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by ziccoit: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
Oyinlola the expunged governor of Osun state once planted a car bomb that later went off just to incriminate Aregbesola then.

That is the power of PDP. A party with Markavellian philosophy at the detriment of the masses.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by deeplow: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2012
This man should be tired of using d word "condemn" by now.anybody dat says he shldnt be blamed is not making sense at all.if u know u can't impact knowledge,why become a teacher.if u know you can't cater for a family,why have one.if u know u can't handle d pressure of being a president,why contest.the man is clueless.it is obvious dat he knws these people,why waste time n lives on protecting them.this country is a really sad place.2 bomb attacks within two days,dahs just sick.in no time,he will be sending troops n giving money to stabilize other countries,when his own is moving at a very high speed in a car dat has no brake.GOD shld just help us.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by kufreabasi(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
youngies: The President's office has just issued the statement below condemning Sunday's terrorist attack on Bayero University, Kano.

STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT JONATHAN CONDEMNS ATTACK ON BAYERO UNIVERSITY

the Federal Government is doing everything possible to ensure that Nigeria overcomes the scourge of mindless terrorism.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
April 30, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/buildupnigeria/posts/400760529947508

President, we are tired of your above mentioned statement. This is nothing but religous war. why do they bomb churches always? Government has to set up FBI to monitor all these havoc and everyone should be a security conscious.
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by maclatunji: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
deeplow: This man should be tired of using d word "condemn" by now.anybody dat says he shldnt be blamed is not making sense at all.if u know u can't impact knowledge,why become a teacher.if u know you can't cater for a family,why have one.if u know u can't handle d pressure of being a president,why contest.the man is clueless.it is obvious dat he knws these people,why waste time n lives on protecting them.this country is a really sad place.2 bomb attacks within two days,dahs just sick.in no time,he will be sending troops n giving money to stabilize other countries,when his own is moving at a very high speed in a car dat has no brake.GOD shld just help us.

If you stop making use of abbreviations, I will make this my post of the day!
Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2012
ignis:
Blame that on the heartless islamic ... Do u think he is glad signing the condolence?

No i wont. instead, i will blame the retardeen who has in his possession the Boko sponsors names and yet he has done nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2012
Dear Mr President, It's high time to take serrious meassure over this issue. I've lived in a terrorist country and i know what it means to answer a terrorist country. Nigeria is turning to a different country gradually and the best thing is to quench the fire now before your men in Aso rock or even you will become a victim. "It takes FORCE to subdue FORCE" This is war against christainity and your government, so stand firmly and fight the war or get ready to condemn more attacks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Of You Travelled To Participate In This Election? / "Deliver Rivers State Or Forget About Any Ministerial Appointment" / FG Boosts Power Supply With ₦1.3 Trillion As DisCos Remit ₦26.8 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.