Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,272 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion (329 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 8:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good day friend's of they Lord ... please I bring up this topic up cos... So many people have been cousin issues in the body of Christ... When ever.. we encountered this discussion about alcohol drink ��... Please to take alcohol drink was it a sin... Or is a sin please come up with ur bible back up... As we look forward to learn and also to stand up to teach..
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by pjetta007(m): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
With this your English, if you take alcohol join wahala go dey oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by advanceDNA: 8:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
What you swallow doesnt make u a sinner...na jesus talk so....

But me i dont like to misbehave so i dont give my flesh what will make it misbehave
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
Thank you for ur contribution..
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
pjetta007 ,.........With this your English, if you take alcohol join wahala go dey oooooo[/quote] thank you for your correction..
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, Deuteronomy 14:26

Ask them to explain! smiley

1 Like

Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
@ MaxInDHouse THANKS U FOR UR POST
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27am On Oct 15, 2022
vinexe:
@ MaxInDHouse THANKS U FOR UR POST

You're welcome Sir! smiley

1 Like

Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by pjetta007(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2022
Taking alcohol is not a sin but getting drunk is a sin!
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
Is it good for a Christian to take alcohol drink
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
vinexe:
Good day friend's of they Lord ... please I bring up this topic up cos... So many people have been cousin issues in the body of Christ... When ever.. we encountered this discussion about alcohol drink ��... Please to take alcohol drink was it a sin... Or is a sin please come up with ur bible back up... As we look forward to learn and also to stand up to teach..
Food and possible Sin in the Kingdom of God

Regarding the foods and drinks one can imbibe as a citizen of the Kingdom of God, throughout His teachings, Jesus Christ did not in any way put limits or indicate that some foods/drinks were acceptable while others were not. Instead, Jesus Christ approached food/drinks by considering the relationship that clearly does not exist between food and sin. undecided

A. Food does not make you unclean/defiled because food goes into the body and then comes out the other end as feces. undecided
10 Jesus called the people to him. He said, “Listen and understand what I am saying.
11 It is not what people put in their mouth that makes them wrong.[c] It is what comes out of their mouth that makes them wrong.”
12 Then the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees are upset about what you said?”
13 Jesus answered, “Every plant that my Father in heaven has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.
14 Stay away from the Pharisees. They lead the people, but they are like blind men leading other blind men. And if a blind man leads another blind man, both of them will fall into a ditch.”
15 Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”
16 Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.” - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20
B. That which causes you to sin against God does not come from the outside into your body like food and drinks. Instead, these things that defile you come from right within you - they are already stored up in your very heart.
14 Jesus called the people to him again. He said, “Everyone should listen to me and understand what I am saying.
15 There is nothing people can put in their mouth that will make them wrong. People are made wrong by what comes from inside them.”
16 [e]
17 Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people.
18 He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God.
19 Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.)
20 And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside.
21 All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder,
22 adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.
23 These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.”
C. Sin begins inside of the very mind of individuals and linked to the lies stored up inside of one against God's Truth. Even your very fasting(Starvation diets) can't help you in resolving that which causes you to sin against God which is right there in your very heart.
D. Jesus Christ even assured His followers that even if they were to drink poison, it would not harm them.
15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17 And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18 If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” - Mark 16 vs 15 - 18
Re: Taking Alcohol Drink Was It A Sin Please.. Come Online For This Discussion by vinexe: 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
thank u sir for ur input.......... on this matter ................. i have found out that so many believers.have seen alcohol drink as sin or against GOD....

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Attends The Thanksgiving Mass Of Bishop Paulinus Ezeokafor / The Qualities Of A Good Wife In The Bible / ABSU Best Graduating Student Bags A First Class From Nigerian Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.