Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (23672 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by chymes0359(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders ..

Please i want to know your stance on this topic I won't bore you with long epistle write up.

Today is sunday as we all know am a christian and I want to know wether taking alcohol responsiby is a sin.
Am asking because I have this brother from my church telling that its a sin, even when I have not taking it in a way that got me to a stupor..

Waiting for you guys..
Happy Sunday..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 01, 2019
it's not if u don't get drunk

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by chymes0359(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2019
9jawitch:
it's not if u don't get drunk
t

Okay..
So once am drunk its a sin?
Even if am drunk and went to sleep nko?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
t

Okay..
I think it's a sin because too much of everything isn't good, besides over eating too is a sin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nbote(m): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2019
There is not place in d bible alcohol or it's intake is condemned... D bible only clearly condemned drunkenness... D same way it condemned gluttony. Don't let anyone deceive or make U believe otherwise

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Apos2kay(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
I stand by what I've always said, alcohol intake isn't a sin, just that getting drunk is a sin, because the moment you get drunk, a spirit controls the body, which makes a drunkard do something he can't do on a norm.. Too much of everything is a sin

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by silibaba: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
Go and read Deuteronomy 14:23-29. You will see that even the money you are giving to pastor as tithe is meant for alcohol/beer/strong drink/wine

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by JubrinElSudan: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
No... Too much of everything is bad. Too much of rice kills, too much of other food kills too, so is too much of alcohol. It's all about moderation

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Larryfest(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
You take alcohol or you don't it really doesn't matter cos we are all sinners if we have to go by everything the Bible says....Nobody holy pass,you will b amazed at the sins the brother telling you such commits himself if you get the chance to hear or see some of it..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Acidosis(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
No real Christian would sit with you to discuss this kind of topic.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by anyimontana(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ask google

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Mabege(f): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
I'm interested in this topic cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by jericco1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Are you asking for personal opinion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by safarigirl(f): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
What the Bible is against, is doing anything in excess.

There is a point you take alcohol, that you begin to worship it. It becomes an addiction you can't live without, replacing God in your life

It is the same thing with food, which is gluttony. You begin to worship food when you eat it too much

Same thing with love of money, which is greed.

Basically, all things should be done with moderation, including intake of alcohol. Drink, but don't get drunk

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Yemiwonder(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2019
Passing ����

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by CHM11: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
So many great guys in the bible drank alcohol. Even Jesus too changed water to wine and was known to drink and eat with strangers and sinners. And yes, Jesus drank alcohol that's why some people accused him of being a drunk and a glutton in Mathew 11:19.

Even getting drunk and sleeping as u said is not a sin, but if it becomes addictive and takes the place of worship in your life then it is a sin as you are placing alcohol over God.

Be free from these gods of men. Most of them are empty vessels. Study the word of God yourself, read and meditate for a discerning spirit. Nothing is more beautiful than being a free true christian. It is a beautiful religion!!!.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Jaynom(m): 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
No mahn no. That's a different type of spirit grin
RexTramadol1:
It's called 'Spirit' for a reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Amuocha: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
No

It depends on brand. Amarula etc are okay but kai-kai, sapele water etc straight to okwu nmo shocked

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by newsynews: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
CHM11:
So many great guys in the bible drank alcohol. Even Jesus too changed water to wine and was known to drink and eat with strangers and sinners. And yes, Jesus drank alcohol that's why some people accused him of being a drunk and a glutton in Mathew 11:19.

Be free from these gods of men. Most of them are empty vessels. Study the word of God yourself, from for a discerning spirit. Nothing is more beautiful than being a free true christian. It is a beautiful religion!!!.

Look at this one. It's people like you I hate. You go about with false doctrine and boast as if that is exactly what the Bible teach. You are even subtly telling people to stay away from pastors. Now let's examine your claim.

Which great guys drank alcohol? Perhaps, you think the word wine means alcohol Everytime it is mentioned.

Jesus didn't drink wine, he was only falsely accused of being a drunkard. Let's see the passage clearly.

Luke 7:33-34 King James Version (KJV)
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

John was only eating locust and wild honey, he didn't like normal food. For that, they said he had a devil. Did John have a devil? No. This means he was falsely accused.

Jesus loved normal food and drink etc eater, non-alcoholic wine, but those false accusers called him a glutton and a drunkard. According to you, because those people accused Jesus if drinking alcohol, then it means he use to drink it. Why not also believe it when they said he was a drunkard and a glutton?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
"Responsibly"? NO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
Be no longer a drinker of water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities - I Timothy 5-24

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by RexTramadol1: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
It's called 'Spirit' for a reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by pappybarry(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
I think alcohol intake ain't no sin else taken in excess. But what I want to know is, is watching movies too much a sin? Cos I don't seem to get enough of the Vskit comedy skit app

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by looseweight: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
Don't think so. However there is what science calls genetic polymorphism it involves how our genetic make up determine what we consume and react with.
For instance, Mr A can drink alcohol to stupor and nothing happens while Mr B will take just one bottle and becomes detrimental to him.
My conclusion is to know the type of system you have before embarking on any mission.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Brain08(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
chymes0359:
t

Okay..
once it takes control of you either briefly or a long time you have sinned.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by Harmored(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
undecided it's a sin when you're drunk and start misbehaving, making mockery of your self

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by caracas: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
Absolute no
Even the Bible tells us that our lord Jesus was a wine drinker. In those days wines were not without alcohol.
It’s not even a sin to be drunk, but its morally wrong.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by MRsettingz: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
is committing sin responsibly a sin?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by wwwtortoise(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
grin

Rule of thumb: too much of everything is bad.

Ecclesiastics 7:15-17

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? by OTayobami(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2019
If you know it's making you misbehave just stop it but if you can control yourself and know the extent you take it to then you can take it bible doesn't condemn alcohol

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School.. / Nigeria @ 58: Why Nigeria Is Not Great – Pastor Kumuyi / 10 Prayer Points That Make Christians Shout & Pray Aggressively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.