Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Open-system Examination Best For Nigeria Universities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open-system Examination Best For Nigeria Universities (464 Views)

My Life Threatened For Doing The Best For My Country – Diezani Alison-madueke / JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? / Nigeria Universities Certificates (degrees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open-system Examination Best For Nigeria Universities by duke4ever: 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
This system has been known to be very effective in most Western Institutions of higher learning, and I have this hunch that it's gonna work here as well, unless we are still ok with our usual cramming and offloading a whole textbook during examinations.
For God's sake, what is all these ''give me what I gave you'' syndrom of many lecturers in the Universities, thereby breeding pepertual crammers rather than students of proper cognitive ability.
With this system, I don't think any would want to borther about examination mal-practices and related offences prevalent in most institutions.
Moreover, Open-system examination will go a long way to encourage students to acquire all the necessary requirements to pass through a course rather than the ''area-of-concentration'' of a rubbish(cheap way to cut corners).
This system from what I gathered may not be as easy as some may think, but surely will foster students to be ardent researchers, always desiring and exploring newer concept.
Rather than have some lazy lacturers feed students with moribund and out-dated lessons passed on to them by their predecessors, I strongly believe that this system can suffice, which will produce sound researchers in our high institutions and not receptors of moribund and recycled ideas passed from one academic session to another.
I don't know what your take on this is, but you can help by posting a quality responce to counter or adopt this system.

(1) (Reply)

Borno: Our Focus, Our Challenges / Nigerian Woman Appointed City Administrator In The U.s. / Salami’s Removal Is Untenable And Ominous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.