Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Education Is Not A Scam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Is Not A Scam (1412 Views)

School May Be Scam But Education Is Not. / The Cost Of An American Education Vs. Nigerian Education. Is It Really Worth It? / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Education Is Not A Scam by Emeritus1200: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2022
Education can never and will never be a scam. It isn’t a fraudulent deal. You pay for it and get something in return. We all know that no school or department guarantees you employment or wealth after graduation. However, all departments in all tertiary institutions promise you one thing, which is knowledge. The primary importance of education is the acquisition of knowledge. You pay money to acquire knowledge.

It is the responsibility of the students or graduates to know how to translate the knowledge acquired into wealth. Nevertheless, this depends on the capacity of the students to solve problems, create values and the heights of knowledge acquired. If anyone doesn’t know how to make his life great, that is a self scam. People who don’t have formal education are doing well for themselves. Why will there be an exception for some people who are educated?

The people who are doing most greatly are educated people. In fact, the people who make this world a good place to live are the educated people. People who make innovations and inventions are educated. People who are at the helm are educated. People who fight for humanity are educated. Then, why will someone wake up and proclaim that education is a scam? Isn’t it annoying?

Please don’t subscribe to the school of thought that education is a scam. The expression is meant to weaken your spirit before you start the race. And it will result in your retardation academically, which can later make you become a failure, if care isn’t taken.

The level of your knowledge determines the people you will meet in life and how far you can grow and go in life. This time around, gather much knowledge and read as if your life depended on it. Personal growth is key. There are huge opportunities everywhere available for brilliant people.

However, I need to say this: see, everything you can get through dubious means can be got in ten folds through legitimate means. There are students let alone graduates who are millionaires without engaging in fraud or prostitution. Therefore, all you need to do is to identify people’s needs, solve it for them and give them value. The people pay for every problem solved. If you aren’t solving any problem, you will open your mouth tomorrow to say that education is a scam.

https://www.emeritushub.com/education-is-not-a-scam/
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Emeritus1200: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2022
To read more educational contents, visit: https://www.emeritushub.com

1 Like

Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2022
We were told during our childhood education that education is the surest way to success.

We were told that after completion of our tertiary education we would easily get a job in any of the big companies like bank MD,manager in an oil company,accountant with CBN and even president.

Some of us have completed our education 10yrs ago and we are still battling to find out feets on the grounds with countless application for jobs in many big establishment with several interviews.Yet no job.

Tell me why won't education be called a scam?
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by HarlequinLekex: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2022
Revolution2022:
We were told during our childhood education that education is the surest way to success.

We were told that after completion of our tertiary education we would easily get a job in any of the big companies like bank MD,manager in an oil company,accountant with CBN and even president.

Some of us have completed our education 10yrs ago and we are still battling to find out feets on the grounds with countless application for jobs in many big establishment with several interviews.Yet no job.

education no be scam na Naija schools and education na scam
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Goldbw122(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2022
Revolution2022:

I understand everything that you are trying to say everything is a scam, but it will build knowledge of your quality understanding to be able to choose the genuine part to life. There is no job after graduating don't mean that you will sit at home and fold your hand, nope you say that is a scam then you have to go out there find a skill that you will do and make money.

You say trading is a scam have you try to understand it...

Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2022
Goldbw122:

I understand everything that you are trying to say everything is a scam, but it will build knowledge of your quality understanding to be able to choose the genuine part to life. There is no job after graduating don't mean that you will sit at home and fold your hand, nope you say that is a scam then you have to go out there find a skill that you will do and make money.

Carry your scam go meet another Monika because I no dey do any business with you.
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Goldbw122(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
Revolution2022:
Carry your scam go meet another Monika because I no dey do any business with you.
I don't do business am just sharing a suit advice.
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Emeritus1200: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2022
Revolution2022:

that is not the fault of education. Don't build your hope on what someone says. The essence of education is knowledge acquisition which can translate into wealth.
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Emeritus1200: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
education no be scam na Naija schools and education na scam
off the shoot.
Re: Education Is Not A Scam by Emeritus1200: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2022
Goldbw122:

I tire ooo

(1) (Reply)

Lecturers Harassing Female Students / University Of Abuja: Masters Form / The ASUU-federal Government Negotiations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.