Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija (653 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Faked Kidnap Of American Girl Bags 28 Years Imprisonment / We Received N12m Ransom From Kidnap Of Okonjo-iweala’s Mother – Suspect / Mikel’s Father Missing, Not Abducted – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija by kelyusuf: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
For a country known by the outside world for all the wrong reasons, any other vice is hardly wanted. Mikel Obi, Nigerian international, has begged kidnappers of his father to let him go.
"I've always tried to help the country in everyway I can, serving the country. I think this is time for the country as well to help me in this situation", he said.
Unfortunately, it isn't about how much the country has been served. The issue is that things have gone so bad, that kidnap is merely seen in the mould of mere pick-pocketing. It is a general problem, not a personal issue.
With the recent bombings, surely this is a new embarrassment, one we are surely not surprised to hear.
The solution can only come through action, not words.
Re: Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija by yomijnr(m): 12:58am On Aug 18, 2011
Can you name one country in the world where people aren't kidnapped, except maybe the Vatican.  Stop spewing crap on here, the truth is there's crime everywhere.
Re: Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2011
...pls delete
Re: Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija by yomijnr(m): 11:05am On Aug 18, 2011
Moodie, did you forget to take your pills this morning?  The point I was trying to make is that, the fact that he was abducted doesn't necessarily make a mockery of the country.  Nigerians are too quick to condemn the whole country when something happens, talking rubbish abut how the rest of the world sees us.  When people are kidnapped in other countries, I don't hear people talking about how it makes a mockery of their country.  Moodie, you'll be better off learning the English language and stop making silly assumptions.

I'd hardly call Mikel a national icon, he's a super eagles player, that's about it.
Re: Kidnap Of Mikel's Father Makes Mockery Of Naija by innason(m): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2011
for me,it's a spite not only on the face of the country but equally on our government. this is a clear indication that some tangible form of progress in our nation is seriously needed.

(1) (Reply)

32yrs Old Man With Hiv Remanded In Prison For Raping Girl Of 14yrs / Why Did I Get BANNED In The Politics Section? / 34-year-old Undergraduate Beats Wife To Death Over Money For Owambe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.