Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,791 members, 7,855,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer (186 Views)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer by ochibuogwu5: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2022
"But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father—the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future]. 14 He will glorify and honor Me, because He (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Because of this I said that He [the Spirit] will take from what is Mine and will reveal it to you." (John 16:13-15 AMP)
Re: When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer by ochibuogwu5: 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
“But when the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth who comes from the Father, He will testify and bear witness about Me(Jesus Christ Crucified). 27 But you will testify also and be My witnesses, because you have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:26-27 AMP)
Re: When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer by ochibuogwu5: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another [c]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you." (John 14:16-17 AMP)
Re: When The Holy Spirit Is Actively Working In The Life Of A Believer by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
ochibuogwu5:
"But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father—the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future]. 14 He will glorify and honor Me, because He (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Because of this I said that He [the Spirit] will take from what is Mine and will reveal it to you." (John 16:13-15 AMP)
As Jesus Christ clearly explained in scripture to you, the Spirit of God also known as the Spirit of Truth is the very same Spirit that lived and taught the Gospel from within His person. undecided
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. The only way to the Father is through me.
7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father too. But now you know the Father. You have seen him.” - John 14 vs 6 - 7
Jesus Christ said the Helper would be with those who belong to Him forever - He will live with them and be inside of them, indicating that those who are not of Him cannot receive Him as a result of their inability to see or perceive/know Him.
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you. - John 14 vs 15 - 17
Jesus Christ, also promised His followers that the Spirit of Truth which He will ask the Father to give them will in no wise contradict Him in any way since the Spirit will take from that which is Jesus Christ to teach to them all. undecided
25 “I have told you all these things while I am with you.
26 But the Helper will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name. - John 14 vs 25 - 26
Jesus Christ taught of how the Spirit of Truth, the Helper, would be sent to each of His followers from the Father and would bear witness about Him, Jesus Christ. undecided
26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.
27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.
He went on to further state that the Spirit of Truth is subject to Him, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, in that the Spirit will only reveal that which is of Jesus Christ in order to bring glory to Jesus Christ alone, this by speaking that which of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God which is ruled over by Him, Jesus Christ. undecided
8 “When the Helper comes, he will show the people of the world how wrong they are about sin, about being right with God, and about judgment.
9 He will prove that they are guilty of sin because they don’t believe in me.
10 He will show them how wrong they are about how to be right with God. The Helper will do this because I am going to the Father. You will not see me then.
11 And he will show them how wrong their judgment is because their leader[a] has already been condemned.
12 “I have so much more to tell you, but it is too much for you to accept now.
13 But when the Spirit of truth comes, he will lead you into all truth. He will not speak his own words. He will speak only what he hears and will tell you what will happen in the future.
14 The Spirit of truth will bring glory to me by telling you what he receives from me.
15 All that the Father has is mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will tell you what he receives from me. - John 16 vs 8 - 15
a. The Father will send the Spirit of Truth aka the Helper in the Name of Jesus Christ to those who live their lives in submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.
b. Those who live in the world cannot receive or have the Spirit of Truth because do not have the ability to see or perceive Him in their lack of knowledge(KNOWING) of the Truth of God, Jesus Christ.
c. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will teach the followers of Jesus Christ all things and bring to their remembrance all that Jesus Christ has taught.
d. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will bear witness about Jesus Christ to each of Jesus's own followers.
e. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will convict those who are in the world regarding sin, righteousness, and judgment.
f. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will guide each one of Jesus Christ's followers into all Truth for He will only speak of that which He hears of Jesus Christ and declare that which is to come concerning Jesus Christ(and His Kingdom)
g. The Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will glorify Jesus Christ, for He will take what belongs to Jesus Christ to declare to each of His followers
h. All that the Father has belongs to Jesus Christ and as such the Helper, the Spirit of Truth, will teach to Jesus Christ's followers only that which is of Jesus Christ.

From the above, clearly the Spirit of Truth will never teach that which contradicts - never adds, changes or removes- that already taught by Jesus Christ in His Gospels to those He lives on the inside of. So, are you certain the one who lives in you is the same Spirit of Truth that belongs to Jesus Christ? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/10/2022 / What Is The Meaning Of Salvation By Grace? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/12/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.