Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi (12726 Views)

Nigeria Worse Off Not Having Osinbajo As President – Sanusi Lamido / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi / Reno Omokro: I Really Feel Sorry For Osinbajo And His Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by adenigga(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
The deposed Emir of Kano and vice chairman, Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency, Lamido Sanusi, has expressed his compassion for the next president that will succeed the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), due to the perceived depleted state of the economy.

Sanusi, who is also the current Khalifah, Tijaniyat Movement of Nigeria, said this in Kaduna on Saturday while addressing notable politicians at a Kaduna Investment programme titled, “Building a resilient economy”.

The 14th Emir said Nigeria’s economy has been tied to the oil and gas sector and subsidy removal is fast mitigating the economy’s growth.

“Nigeria has continued to be a rentier state. It does not exist for development but as a sight of rent, and extraction to make those who control the state rich turning them into billionaires overnight.

“In 2023, if we have an election, we cannot continue to have the trend. Because any continuation will lead to insecurity and might get us to Mali, Burkina Faso’s situation.

“We can’t keep towards pushing the brink; we have to come back,” he added.

Citing data from the Federation Account Allocation Committee, Sanusi said only 50% of states in the country generated enough revenue to cover their wages, overheads and debt services.

He maintained that the cost of servicing debt in Nigeria with the Federal Government was N2.597 trillion whereas revenue was N2.4 trillion.

“In other words, debt service is now 108 per cent of revenue. Every naira the Federal Government earns goes to service debt and it is not enough, (as the FG) has to borrow to service the debt. And then begin to borrow to build roads, pay salaries and overheads.

“We are leaving a mountain of debt for our children. They (children) might curse us because we are taking all the money borrowed to subsidise petrol and enjoy it cheaply.

“We see the problem and we are going to continue. I’m sorry for the next president who comes in June and says I’m removing fuel subsidy after day one,” he asserted.

Source: https://punchng.com/Subsidy-Im-sorry-for-the-next-President-Sanusi

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2022
Obi won't mind

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Pierce008: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2022
More than sorry for him. This useless administration has destroyed everything beyond immediate repair. I can't even point to one substantial thing, this administration has done that is beneficial to the average Nigerian. At the end of the day, no single remorse.

60 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by demoBaba: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2022
We've been seen the handwriting on the wall, very clear.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Chim3: 5:32am On Oct 16, 2022
That is true, it won't be easy

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:34am On Oct 16, 2022
Go green sionest
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Peterrio: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 5:35am On Oct 16, 2022
The next President of Nigeria must be ready to take "harsh" decisions .... especially, removing fuel subsidy.

It is an inevitable action that must be taken..no two ways about it.

It's going to be a hard one.

As a government, before this is done, there must be massive awareness on why this needs to be done... awareness not on radio or TV jingles only...but, awareness that involves the masses stakeholders...

Visit the general National meetings of Artisans...Tailors, Barbers, Mechanics, Hairdressers, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, farmers association, NURTW, various foodstuffs sellers association and the likes..

Also move to the big ones like NSE, TUC, NLC, NMA, NUT and the likes..

Request their leaders to disseminate this information to their unit level..

This can be done in two months...send out all your agencies , ministry directors to do the sensitisation physically at various states when these people are having their state meetings..

At the same time...annouce on radio and TV..

Be sincere, simple and clear on your message...why subsidy must be removed and what you intend doing with the money that will be saved.

I believe there won't be protests if everyone is aware and convinced

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Alwaysready(m): 5:38am On Oct 16, 2022
Funny truth.

You don't need a prophet to tell you this.

Check my sig.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Prodigy100(m): 5:39am On Oct 16, 2022
You are sorry for the next president or you are sorry for Nigerians.

1 cup of rice is now #150

Politicians has nothing to lose,na the poor citizens dey feel the heat as usual.

Buhari
Obi
Atiku
Tinubu etc God go judge all of una in advance.

I come in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by ratiken(m): 5:39am On Oct 16, 2022
Nigerians, its time to say enough is enough. The oppressor cannot be the saviour.

The difference between Obi and the other two is like day and night. Anyone with a head on his shoulder should have no issues making a choice of these three candidates.

If Nigerian voters ever repeat the mistake of 2015 in 2023, then hell will dwell amongst men (Nigerians). With the current debt levels, security issues, crude theft, exit of investors, FDI decline, economic collapse and rot in every aspect of the society, the suffering to be experienced cannot be wished on an enemy.

Vote wisely...... NIGERIANS, YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO VOTE WISELY

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by RepoMan007: 5:39am On Oct 16, 2022
Me too
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by omowolewa: 5:40am On Oct 16, 2022
K
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by DeHorus: 5:43am On Oct 16, 2022
MilliXchange:
To be honest, I pity the next president too and this is why we don’t need any old sick man to handle the affairs of this great country or someone that’s just coming to loot more and fulfill their long life ambition, we need a president not a figurehead!

Patronize me! I sell too and also help with online payments
USDT 580? give me money to update your price list for you, Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Cutehector(m): 5:47am On Oct 16, 2022
Imagine you vote for tinubu/atiku and still come here on nairaland to beg for money.

Normally you will just die of hunger.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by suleimanwaziri: 5:49am On Oct 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFyXd8kyrA
“So let me request that our politicians prepare the mind of Nigerians for difficult decisions. Anybody who tells you that it is going to be easy, please don’t vote for him, because it is either he is lying to you or he does not know what job he is going to get."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_CdgU7_svM

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Saturday urged young people not to lose hope and focus on the opportunities available in the country.

He gave the advice in a lecture themed: “Youths and The Sustenance of Democracy: Issues and The Challenges” to mark the 64th birthday of a renowned activist, lawyer and journalist, Mr. Richard Akinnola held in Ikeja.

Sanwo-Olu also urged Nigerian youths to be actively involved in Nigeria’s democratic process for a better future, adding that Nigerians should join hands together to strengthen and grow the country’s democracy
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Stevenson20: 5:54am On Oct 16, 2022
This country needs total overhauling. Everything has collapsed finally under this useless administration.

Vote Wisely

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by oriewanbe: 5:54am On Oct 16, 2022
It is getting clearer now that fuel subsidy is going.
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by lukaatamadauda: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFyXd8kyrA
“So let me request that our politicians prepare the mind of Nigerians for difficult decisions. Anybody who tells you that it is going to be easy, please don’t vote for him, because it is either he is lying to you or he does not know what job he is going to get."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_CdgU7_svM

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Saturday urged young people not to lose hope and focus on the opportunities available in the country.

He gave the advice in a lecture themed: “Youths and The Sustenance of Democracy: Issues and The Challenges” to mark the 64th birthday of a renowned activist, lawyer and journalist, Mr. Richard Akinnola held in Ikeja.

Sanwo-Olu also urged Nigerian youths to be actively involved in Nigeria’s democratic process for a better future, adding that Nigerians should join hands together to strengthen and grow the country’s democracy

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by CheapHomes1: 6:04am On Oct 16, 2022
adioolayi:
The next President of Nigeria must be ready to take "harsh" decisions .... especially, removing fuel subsidy.

It is an inevitable action that must be taken..no two ways about it.

It's going to be a hard one.

As a government, before this is done, there must be massive awareness on why this needs to be done... awareness not on radio or TV jingles only...but, awareness that involves the masses stakeholders...

Visit the general National meetings of Artisans...Tailors, Barbers, Mechanics, Hairdressers, plumbers, carpenters, bricklayers, farmers association, NURTW, various foodstuffs sellers association and the likes..

Also move to the big ones like NSE, TUC, NLC, NMA, NUT and the likes..

Request their leaders to disseminate this information to their unit level..

This can be done in two months...send out all your agencies , ministry directors to do the sensitisation physically at various states when these people are having their state meetings..

At the same time...annouce on radio and TV..

Be sincere, simple and clear on your message...why subsidy must be removed and what you intend doing with the money that will be saved.

I believe there won't be protests if everyone is aware and convinced

How much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed?
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 6:10am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed?

This is not the argument....either subsidy is real or bogus... whatever it is...it's a monster that must be eradicated. Politicians are living fat on this... inconsistent figures and all...we don't even know the numbers of barrels of crude we produce...numbers of liters of fuel we consume as a Nation..

So, it's better a dark place business is not subsidized under any guise...remove it all.

That term must be gone and gone for good... especially as regards to fuel
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by CheapHomes1: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2022
adioolayi:

This is not the argument....either subsidy is real or bogus... whatever it is...it's a monster that must be eradicated. Politicians are living fat on this... inconsistent figures and all...we don't even know the numbers of barrels of crude we produce...numbers of liters of fuel we consume as a Nation..

So, it's better a dark place business is not subsidized under any guise...remove it all.

That term must be gone and gone for good... especially Please to las regards to fuel

You are just speaking unnecessary grammar. How much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed?
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 6:22am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You are just speaking unnecessary grammar. How much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed?

I don't know...kindly tell me.

But I do know about NGN 3.6 Trillion have been earmarked for Fuel subsidy in the first half of 2023 .... January-June 2023 in the Year 2023 Budget.

FGN also report that about NGN 18 Billion is being spent on fuel subsidy daily.

Now, there are lot of arguments on specific amount of litres of fuel Nigerians consume daily and millions of litres of fuel are reported to being smuggled into neighbouring countries daily..

So, there are lot of corrupt practices hovering around Fuel subsidy...this is exactly why it should be removed.

How much has been removed and left..I don't know...you can tell me

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by CheapHomes1: 6:23am On Oct 16, 2022
adioolayi:

But I do know about NGN 3.6 Trillion have been earmarked for Fuel subsidy in the first half of 2023 .... January-June 2023 in the Year 2023 Budget.

Now, there are lot of arguments on specific amount of litres of fuel Nigerians consume daily and millions of litres of fuel are reported to being smuggled into neighbouring countries daily..

So, there are lot of corrupt practices hovering around Fuel subsidy...this is exactly why it should be removed.

I don't know that's why am asking you cos you seem to know a lot about the girl subsidy thing
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I don't know that's why am asking you cos you seem to know a lot about the girl subsidy thing

I know what has been reported...and I have listened to conversations around it...

I am convinced and support the total removal.

It's clear it's all shades of corruption that is no longer sustainable. It has to be stopped.
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by CheapHomes1: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2022
adioolayi:

If you don't know how much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed, what then are you advocating that should be removed?
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by CheapHomes1: 6:29am On Oct 16, 2022
adioolayi:

I know what has been reported...and I have listened to conversations around it...

I am convinced and support the total removal.

It's clear it's all shades of corruption that is no longer sustainable. It has to be stopped.

If you don't know how much has been removed from all the previous subsidy removals and how much is left to be removed, what then are you advocating that should be removed?
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by SK1SOLA: 6:32am On Oct 16, 2022
Sanusi Is taking a jibe at PMB, the subsidy under PMB is a scam, alot of fishy activities going down
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Freddo99(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2022
True, Fuel subsidyremoval and the issue of price control in all nigerian markets.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu GCFR Wins Kaduna Landslide / Jigawa Youths Protest Arrest Of Lamido's Sons By EFCC / Nigerian Customs Sacks 17 Officers For Drug Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.