Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi (25973 Views)

Nigeria Worse Off Not Having Osinbajo As President – Sanusi Lamido / Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi / Reno Omokro: I Really Feel Sorry For Osinbajo And His Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by ogododo: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2022
The deposed Emir of Kano and vice chairman, Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency, Lamido Sanusi, has expressed his compassion for the next president that will succeed the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), due to the perceived depleted state of the economy.

Sanusi, who is also the current Khalifah, Tijaniyat Movement of Nigeria, said this in Kaduna on Saturday while addressing notable politicians at a Kaduna Investment programme titled, “Building a resilient economy”.

The 14th Emir said Nigeria’s economy has been tied to the oil and gas sector and subsidy removal is fast mitigating the economy’s growth.

“Nigeria has continued to be a rentier state. It does not exist for development but as a sight of rent, and extraction to make those who control the state rich turning them into billionaires overnight.

“In 2023, if we have an election, we cannot continue to have the trend. Because any continuation will lead to insecurity and might get us to Mali, Burkina Faso’s situation.

“We can’t keep towards pushing the brink; we have to come back,” he added.

Citing data from the Federation Account Allocation Committee, Sanusi said only 50% of states in the country generated enough revenue to cover their wages, overheads and debt services.

He maintained that the cost of servicing debt in Nigeria with the Federal Government was N2.597 trillion whereas revenue was N2.4 trillion.

“In other words, debt service is now 108 per cent of revenue. Every naira the Federal Government earns goes to service debt and it is not enough, (as the FG) has to borrow to service the debt. And then begin to borrow to build roads, pay salaries and overheads.

“We are leaving a mountain of debt for our children. They (children) might curse us because we are taking all the money borrowed to subsidise petrol and enjoy it cheaply.

“We see the problem and we are going to continue. I’m sorry for the next president who comes in June and says I’m removing fuel subsidy after day one,” he asserted.
https://punchng.com/subsidy-im-sorry-for-the-next-president-sanusi/

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Racoon(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2022
After contributing to the enthronement of the present disaster?

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by ogododo: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
Racoon:
Dem do see sey bubu na disaster

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by festacman(m): 2:58pm On Oct 15, 2022
Love what Sanusi said though he didn't suggest solutions.

The truth is that saying you will remove fuel subsidy from day one as president means you are either deceitful or you are ignorant of our fundamental economic problems: we are producing little locally for export in addition to our now unreliable earnings from crude oil. So if you are removing the current oil subsidy which will push up cost goods and services locally and if you throwing the forex market to market forces, tell us your plan to hold the economy if things go south.

Look, Peter Obi (the breath of fresh air) stated earlier in his candidature of his intention to take Nigeria from consumption to production but didn't say HOW. Other candidates haven't said anything tangible on this.

We need a clear, home-grown (not texbook theories) multi-fields diversification plan proposal from the presidential candidates for moving our economy away from dependence on crude oil. Such plans MUST loop in the state governments. We need practical steps including necessary legislative interventions:
- Steps to develop crop production, animal production (ruminants and poultry)
- Steps to attract FDI,
- Steps to develop Niger Delta fishery and other marine resources.
- Steps to boost our SMEs, Steps to boost ICT capacity of our young people,
- Steps for transparently bringing investors to exploit our solid minerals
- etc

Buhari came with poorly planned diversification program that didn't involve the state governments for multiplier effects. It lost steam too fast.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by gentlesoul83(m): 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
May God help us in this country �

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Corridon: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
Obi has a lot of work to do when he becomes president.

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by TinubuThief: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
Seriously, I don't envy Obi

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
And to think that some "Suffering and Smiling" Nigerians still wanna vote for APC in 2023 after destroying our country makes it worse

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Jflex07(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Buhari has really dealt with Nigerians.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:09pm On Oct 15, 2022
Racoon:

When did he do that?

Sanusi and Soludo said exactly the same thing in 2015 that whoever won, would struggle.

He never supported anyone.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by NaijaOlosho(f): 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2022
Thiefnubuu knows only how to share money and proceeds of drug business

Can he tackle this as old as he is? The answer is no.

Therefore well meaning Nigerians with working brains have rejected Thiefnubuu

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by KingKO22: 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
Oya Ndi Zombidiots come and start wailing and attacking as usual.

Nothing good is expected of Zombidiots.

President Tinubu would provide solution to the Nigeria economy by diversify to Agricultural production.

125 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by KingKO22: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2022
NaijaOlosho:
Thiefnubuu knows only how to share money and proceeds of drug business

Can he tackle this as old as he is? The answer is no.

Therefore well meaning Nigerians with working brains have rejected Thiefnubuu
One of the Zombidiots attacking every patriotic Nigeria for having contrary opinions.

They just want everyone to see Obituary as Messiah. Autocracy pro loading

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Mrshocker(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2022
Cf
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Mrshocker(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2022
lol
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by iiifedimma(f): 3:50pm On Oct 15, 2022
The useless man nw change his fraudulent comments on the midnight to continues to still scam a lot of people here on Nairaland

Please the main reason of still be reporting this criminal and the well known fraudsters here is that he is never tired of scammings people's here, he now a different tactic and strategies to still be scamming people's here with a video of crying baby with full of fake stories and when he's scams accounts is block he instantly open anothers one, he open account every day to keep scamming people's please just be careful to not fall in to a victims of him with your money again

Please Anthony okeke also known as Faith S. H, also known as confirmed 419 here on Nairaland he is a well known fraudster and criminal., He has been busted on a severals occasions. Don't fall in to any victims of him with your hard earned money please, he is well popular here as the greatest scammer on nairaland please be aware of him alrdy

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by dyera(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
“In other words, debt service is now 108 per cent of revenue. Every naira the Federal Government earns goes to service debt and it is not enough, (as the FG) has to borrow to service the debt. And then begin to borrow to build roads, pay salaries and overheads.

Foolish APC agbado and cassava economics. They borrow money to buy expensive brand new trains and build infrastructure that will operate at a loss. The infrastructures that they borrow money to build does not generate money to service the debt let alone generate money to repay the debt. That's to tell you how dumb APC and their chief economic adviser Tinubu actually is.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by ecolime(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
Sanusi is 100% right.

There is so much work for Peter Obi to do. His first year in office will be quite rough no doubt but we shall sail through and this country will be back in the right direction.

We don't have to JAPA to give our children a bright future. With Peter Obi, we shall smile at last and there will be hope for the future of our children.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by tiswell(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
wise words from the northern sage

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
Normally

Speak on problem facing the country, come over emphasize the problem, na naija new way be dat, people go see u as saint.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
Same over here but I pray Almighty God will help Peter Obi our incoming president

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by ATLIEN2027: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu is capable.
We need a smart intelligent out of the box thinker like Tinubu to bring fresh ideas and innovations.
We can't have olodo who's only idea is brewery and supermarket. You know if you know. grin

125 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by inoki247: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na the next president go use head carry all d damages.....

Just prepare ur sef for more hard time....
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
grin
Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Sijo01(f): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Sad, but true.
APC don use the future of their generations borrow money finish sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by flexyrule(m): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Originally, Nigeria wasn't designed to prosper.

Nigeria was designed to fail! And guess what, there are certain entities that benefit more from the failure, than they would have benefited, if the country was prosperous.

In Nigeria, as long as you don't have power, someone somewhere is making billions.

As long as the roads are bad, someone is making billions.

No water? you guessed right, someone's somewhere is cashing out massively.

Even this flooding sef... Someone people will turn out to become billionaires overnight.

The bad refineries nko? billionaires are being made from subsidy, maintenance of non-functional refineries.

Anywhere you see a deplorable state of infrastructure, be rest assured, someone is making billions.

And that's why everything will continue to remain the same.

I heard a story about how a businessman wanted to construct a road somewhere in Abuja, and the authorities refused to grant him approval. He went ahead to construct the road and the authorities took him to court.

Nigeria was designed to make states lazy, improvish the common citizen while empowering and enriching a very very few persons.

Wallahi people wey dey chop this country money no reach 500,000.

When I say chop, I no mean 100m ooooo. I mean people wey dey chop like 1 to 10 billion annually.

Money wey one entire state suppose survive on, Na hin one person dey chop for Nigeria.

And that's why the gap between the rich and the poor is very massive. In one state, one person owns over 15 estates, majority of the buildings in the estate are empty, in that same state millions of people are homeless.

The that intrigues me the most is how these less than a million people are able to control over 200m people.

Like they Control the improvished military, they control the common man on the street, they control cash flow, revenue allocation etc. And we've got nothing we can do about it.

And for those who are still praying and fasting for Nigeria to proper, please save your strenght! If we maintain the current structure and system, we can only but continue to wallow in debts and further suffering.

Truly, the next president would suffer. Especially with this kleptomaniacs we have at the national assembly who will do all they can to frustrate any bill that will favour the masses and reduce their access to government funds....

Not just them sef... The minute percentage of those controlling Nigeria's wealth would not allow the status quo to change...

Best is the completely overhaul the system (constitution, tiers of government, revenue generation and allocation, control of resources, policing, etc) . Create a balance and develop a system where everyone can be able to monitor everything that is going on in the country.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by Mandate2023: 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Tinubu will surely know hw to over whatever challenges his government will face when he becomes president

123 Likes

Re: Subsidy: I’m Sorry For The Next President – Sanusi by FalseProphet1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2022
Northerners ruined Nigeria, the same northeners are against southern presidency, Southerners are are endorsing the major northern candidate (Atiku) Southerners don't trust each other to rule.

I don't know who place a curse on the south so that they would continue to remain slaves to the north, but I decree to the demon enforcing slavery in the south...be gone!

I see Peter Obi winning next year's election, I see Nigeria becoming a great nation.

This I have seen.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Order: Sowore Asks Osinbajo To Resign / 2023: Shettima Hints At Buhari Endorsing Tinubu As Presidential Candidate / Governor Adeleke Campaigns For PDP In Iragbiji (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.