Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan (3336 Views)

Governors Demand For Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation / Parcel Bomb For Okonjo-Iweala Dropped At Post-Office / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by Natudu: 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
philip0906:

don't mind d confused slowpo.ke. . . undecided

Me too dey wonder o!
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by buttkick: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2011
bigmeat@ youre the man.
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by yelanst(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
For some of you who do not understand the implication of paying the finance minister in dollars, let me educate you: When you pay her in dollars, as a human being who is susceptible to greed, she may be motivated to enact policies that will strengthen the dollars against the naira since that is the currency she is paid with. Good job GEJ.
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by yelanst(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
Big Meat:

It doesn't matter which currency they're paid, most of them will still have enough access to plenty foreign currencies.

The most important thing is what they plan to achieve, I bet most of the ministers like GEJ haven't got any plans for the country through their respective ministeries.

Each minister should come up with a published short-term (6-18 months), medium-term (18-36 months) and long-term (36-48months) goals  and objectives of their various ministries, which everyone will know about. This is not rocket science.

Instead they keep jumping on statements which we have heard over and over again, like "full electricity by 2015", "road development by 2012", "rail upgrade by 2016", "Nigeria will be among the top 20 economies by 2020". Asked them how we will achieve all these, most of the minsters will have no idea.
I am of the opinion that most of you are not abreast with the steps GEJ has taken in his short period in power to ensure that all these goals are realised. The National Monitoring and Evaluation system he inaugurated in the latter part of last year is meant to address these issues. The performance of each ministry shall henceforth be monitored and allocation of fund to each ministry will be based on performance. This will motivate the ministers to work Thank God for the FOI bill. When the M&E data for each ministry is published, the whole world will know the performing ministers and the under-achievers. THIS IS A GOOD IDEA BY GEJ. I JUST PRAY THAT THIS SYSTEM WOULD WORK.
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
I would prefer to be paid 1million Naira than $5,000
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by obinna120: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2011
like GEJ or hate him.i can categorically say that light is relatively stable in my area now more than ever.i dont expect immediate magic right now.the damage he has to put right dates years
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by obinna120: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2011
dayokanu:

I would prefer to be paid 1million Naira than $5,000

as an unpatriotic nigerian do u compare salary with your achievement on the job to be paid such amount?i dont care about the currency its paid, what matters is result.her praises is sung all over the place for her role in OBJS govt.what about the rest of the ministers that were paid in naira,what was their achievement?
Re: No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan by sley4life(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
why should they be paid in dollars when we use naira. All officers in the country should be paid in Naira

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Build Center For Raped Victims / Ndigbo Should Stick With GEJ / Poor Turnout As Jonathan Takes Campaign To Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.