Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) (2896 Views)

Peter Obi And Wike Hug In Rivers State Yesterday (Photos) / PDP Rally In Rogo and Ungogo LGAs Kano Yesterday- Photos / Sango-Otta, After Rainfall In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2022
Ekiti International Airport commissioned yesterday

1 Like

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2022
shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by MissLeslie(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2022
Oletola and Aregbe clown, una see your mate. Doing the needful.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2022
Wow, beautiful
Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by YourMrBoo: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2022
I think we should make more meaningful research about international... The word has been thrown around a lot

18 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:41am On Oct 16, 2022
Where are those attacking Anambra Airport can you compare this to Anambra International Airport

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2022
post=117597513:
Where are those attacking Anambra Airport can you compare this to Anambra International Airport

Lol you sef comparing Anambra to ekiti state, later when they state comparing Lagos or Abuja to Anambra una go dey complain..

Atiku is coming

10 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by justicechichex: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2022
This is good. Gradually every state will have it's own airport in Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Madmohamed123: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2022
post=117597432:
Ekiti International Airport commissioned yesterday
you can't just commission uncompleted building and call it international airport.

Nigeria una no they shame

10 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Dapson73(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2022
post=117597513:

Do you know the meaning of cargo airport?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by DeLaRue: 6:46am On Oct 16, 2022
So, is it a passenger or cargo airport.

I wish Ekiti state success. But I'm baffled that they put all this money into building an airport.

The total number of people flying from Ekiti to Lagos per day is not up to 50. They currently fly through Akure, Ondo State, which is about 50mins away. Which airline is going to detour to Ado Ekiti to pick 15 or 20 people

If they say it's for cargo, where is the demand for cargo flights in Ekiti when Federal govt has almost completed a new cargo section in Akure. Ekiti mainly produces rice, Cassava, yam, maybe plantain too. So, are they planning to fly cassava to London?

Nigeria is a perplexing and confounding country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by EndsarsReloaded: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2022
Lol, you mean this is an airport built in 2023 shocked shocked shocked

What is wrong with Fayemi, this is absolute mediocrity. Airports built in 1935 are far better than this!

What a shame and embarrassment.

15 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Osariemen12: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2022
Why in a hurry to commission an unfinished project?

That thing looks like piggery extension.

Government is a continuous thing for goodness sake.

The next governor can also commission it when completed.

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2022
Thinkam:

Lol you sef comparing Anambra to ekiti state, later when they state comparing Lagos or Abuja to Anambra una go dey complain..

Atiku is coming
I knew how you guys were attacking Anambra Airport
out of envy, Anambra Airport fire station make sense more than this parking space called Airport

9 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by DeLaRue: 7:02am On Oct 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:
Lol, you mean this is an airport built in 2023 shocked shocked shocked

What is wrong with Fayemi, this is absolute mediocrity. Airports built in 1935 are far better than this!

What a shame and embarrassment.

There's nothing wrong with the size of the airport. Ekiti has one of the smallest populations is Nigeria. Building a large airport just for the sake of it would be meaningless.

I've travelled to a few of the small West African countries, and one in particular, the national airport is not as good as this.

Many small airports in Europe are not bigger or more beautiful than Ekiti's.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2022
Any need for this Airport?
Something you wonder Nigeria politicians and their priorities.....
It's just like Wike building flyovers all over the place as if that's the only thing River people needs

1 Like

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by DeLaRue: 7:12am On Oct 16, 2022
To make matters worse.

Ogun State is building a massive cargo airport (makes sense). Federal govt is building a new cargo section at Akure airport (viability is doubtful). Now, Ekiti, a relatively poor State has poured it's scarse resources into cargo airport too.

All neighboring states!

Neither Ondo nor Ekiti produce enough staple foods to feed themselves. So, what do they plan to cargo abroad.

Abi, is it for importation? How many goods from China end up in Ekiti and Ondo state weekly to justify 2 cargo airports.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by EndsarsReloaded: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2022
DeLaRue:

There's nothing wrong with the size of the airport. Ekiti has one of the smallest populations is Nigeria. Building a large airport just for the sake of it would be meaningless.

I've travelled to a few of the small West African countries, and one in particular, the national airport is not as good as this.

Many small airports in Europe are not bigger or more beautiful than Ekiti's.

I'm not even talking about the size. Everything about that airport shows mediocrity.

How can an airport in 2023 be looking like this and you think it's okay? Are you for real?

Even in the North where airports are only used for Hajj, they all have far better and aesthetically pleasing airports.

My God, this looks like a village primary school. No airport in 2023 should look like this, not even in South Sudan!

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by SmartPolician: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2022
After blowing all his grammar, so Fayemi, in his right senses, considers this an international airport. grin

Wonders don't cease in this country!

This is like the Ekenedilichukwu terminal in Ado. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by XerXers: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2022
Akure and Ibadan federal airports have very low passenger traffic. This one will soon turn to grazing reserve

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by tribalmall: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2022
I laf at your foolishness
post=117597697:

I knew how you guys were attacking Anambra Airport
out of envy, Anambra Airport fire station make sense more than this parking space called Airport

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by DeLaRue: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

I'm not even talking about the size. Everything about that airport shows mediocrity.

How can an airport in 2023 be looking like this and you think it's okay? Are you for real?

Even in the North where airports are only used for Hajj, they all have far better and aesthetically pleasing airports.

My God, this looks like a village primary school. No airport in 2023 should look like this, not even in South Sudan!

At times, things look worse in pictures than they look in real life.

Ekiti can barely pay teachers salaries, so how does it matter whether their airport is aesthetically pleasing.

Functionality matters most. Quit the delusion of comparing with what you see on the internet in other countries. Nigeria is a poor country, and Ekiti is one of the poorest states within it.

May be, the building could be better, but that's not the real issue. It is that the project seems unjustifiable. The cladding of the building is dull & unimpressive, but that can be changed in the future.

I gave you examples of airports I've been to outside Nigeria that are not much better than this. What's important to most travellers is the quality of service and how quickly you can check in and out.

This is not intended to handle a massive number of people or planes. So, it doesn't need to be glamorous if the state can't afford it.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by SmartPolician: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2022
DeLaRue:

At times, things look worse in pictures than they look in real life.

Ekiti can barely pay teachers salaries, so how does it matter whether their airport is aesthetically pleasing.

Functionality matters most. Quit the delusion of comparing with what you see on the internet in other countries. Nigeria is a poor country, and Ekiti is one of the poorest states within it.

May be, the building could be better, but that's not the real issue. It is that the project seems unjustifiable. The cladding of the building is dull & unimpressive, but that can be changed in the future.

I gave you examples of airports I've been to outside Nigeria that are not much better than this. What's important to most travellers is the quality of service and how quickly you can check in and out.

This is not intended to handle a massive number of people or planes. So, it doesn't need to be glamorous if the state can't afford it.

Please we have a duty to enlighten Nigerians, especially those we see on the streets.

This country is poor, very poor.

When they hear billions, they start wailing. They don't know that the value of naira is now worthless.

What the federal government budgets is less than what one state in America (for instance, Maryland) budgets. And we keep shouting that we are rich cheesy

Until Nigeria breaks away from oil and gas and explore other revenue sources, this country will continue to be the world's poverty capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by festacman(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2022
An aviation expert once said that the largely inactive state airports scattered around Nigeria present great investment opportunities for aviation entrepreneurs to exploit using REGIONAL JET PLANES like in the US.

Strange nobody is taking advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2022
Where is the airport? I only saw lecturer and students in a warehouse writen airport.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 8:36am On Oct 16, 2022
Where is the international airport?
Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Tinubuadvocate: 9:23am On Oct 16, 2022
You are just a senseless person full of tribalism. Ekiti airport is more standard than Anambra
post=117597513:

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Faber(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2022
This resemble a piggery
Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by Faber(m): 9:43am On Oct 16, 2022
post=117597513:

They refused to post the pictures, but thanks man, I cannot risk of landing on the tarmac of that airport,

Peace Park Aba main terminal better pass thia poultry farm

1 Like

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by 9jahotblog: 10:01am On Oct 16, 2022
It is now clear to the doubting Thomases that Osun State is restored to a PDP State again. The July 16th rejection of Oyetola was never a fluke. The PDP had called on the Osun State people to avoid Oyetola and his OSSIEC funeral yesterday, and the people did exactly what the PDP requested by discarding the exercise largely. It was like the outgoing Governor was a leper. This again brought to the fore the deception by Mr Oyetola when he said he was going to raise 1 million votes for Tinubu in Osun State. The same people who distanced and avoided the APC yesterday are the very people that shall vote come February and we are resolute. Byebye to radarada in Osun State. The whole state is now liberated under Governor Ademola Adeleke IMOLE

Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by techWriter3: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2022
Where not those bombarding Anambra Airport can you compnot this to Anambra International Airport
Re: Ekiti International Cargo Airport Commissioned Yesterday(photos) by OldNairalander(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2022
A poor state like Ekiti does not need an Airport period. Some would argue it's for Cargo but the Akure Cargo Airport currently being expanded is just a few minutes drive away.
I don't even want to talk about the sub-standard facilities.
Unfortunately, a great majority of Nigerians are too daft to know what they actually need. This explains the praise singing charade during the commissioning

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Absent As APC Thugs Chanting Yoruba War Songs Attack Polling Units In Lag / Is Hon Desmond Elliott Going To The House Of Reps? / What Really Does This Man Want From The President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.