Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa (50038 Views)

Teni Shares Video Of Braless Lady Dancing To Her 'Billionaire' Song With Chest / Teni Shares Cute Throwback Photo / "I'm Too Fine" - Teni Shares Cute Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by babzo(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
ibrocool:
Lovely picture.
As much as I like Teni, I felt bad with the kind of attitude she showed when she received award from President Buhari.

No matter how bad you hate your leader, you need to show respect in public.

But she received the award from him.

She thanked him in a statement after that .

She hasn't for once since then said she was snubbing him.

I think it's all much ado about nothing.
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by tammie24: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:
This is one of the best governor lagos had. He sanitized lagos, dealt ruthlessly with agbero and made it safe for us. Many of the highbrow areas you see in lagos was made accessible for people by buba marawa. Lekki, amuwo-odofin gra, etc

Unlike the desperate agbero advancer that has claimed everything to the extent that fashola and ambode have nothing else to their names.
don't go back to your region and deal with the ipod there

Na agbero wey dey Lagos
Wey no be your papa land dey disturb you

Ode oshi
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by dannie007(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
The Security architecture of Lagos State was Designed by Marwa!! He dealt with Agbero and OPC Members seriously. If you know you know.

DearDealz:

PERFECT!

Actually , This is the man THAT DEVELOPED LAGOS!!!

Even as a military administrator, He performed much better than Tinubu!!

WHO REMEMBERS OPERATION SWEEP?

1 Like

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by BJanta: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:
This is one of the best governor lagos had. He sanitized lagos, dealt ruthlessly with agbero and made it safe for us. Many of the highbrow areas you see in lagos was made accessible for people by buba marawa. Lekki, amuwo-odofin gra, etc

Unlike the desperate agbero advancer that has claimed everything to the extent that fashola and ambode have nothing else to their names.

Former 3

The current Minister of Labour and Employment and 2023 presidential aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress spoke on Thursday as a guest on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.

According to Ngige, all the roads constructed in Anambra by Peter Obi and Willie Obiano were of inferior quality except the ones he (Ngige) constructed as governor from 2003 to 2006.

While Obi was Anambra governor between 2007 and 2014, Obiano was governor from 2014 until last month when he handed over to Chukwuma Soludo.

What legacy does Obi has in Anambra that he wants to be President of Nigeria?

Anambra is the most terrorised place in the world

Anambra is one of the most dirtiest place in the world
Anambra has the largest and most dangerous touts and agberos in the world.

The worst case of SARS killings happened under the watch and directive of Peter Obi

(Quote) (Report) 140 Likes (Unlike) 9 Shares (Share)
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Eriokanmi: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:

You can say that again. This picture was taken when Buba Marwa visited Apata Memorial College on hearing of the death of the founder, who was Babangida's close friend and a retired senior army officer. He was assassinated in his house. That day was a sad one in Lagos.

Marwa was one of those who worked very hard in Lagos. He opened up the alimosho roads, up to the popular AIT road. He developed the Ikeja CBD. He also built the Marwa Gardens, now MKO gardens. He worked harder than Tinubu. Marwa is known as Lagos boy cos he grew up here. His father was a retired army who served in Lagos.

How Tinubu got his fake Lagos blue print is still baffling. He obviously cornered all his predecessors' achievements to himself

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Massiveglory: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
My brother i tremble when I see these kids littered everywhere saying emilokan this and that.
Emilokan should be one the worst governors lagos has had.
After Pa Jakande, the next person is buba marawa.
Eriokanmi:
You can say that again. This picture was taken when Buba Marwa visited Apata Memorial College on hearing of the death of the founder, who was Babangida's close friend and a retired senior army officer. He was assassinated in his house. That day was a sad one in Lagos.

Marwa was one of those who worked very hard in Lagos. He opened the alimosho roads, up to the popular AIT road. He developed the Ikeja CBD. He also built the Marwa Gardens, now MKO gardens. He worked harder than Tinubu. Marwa is known as Lagos boy cos he grew up here. His father was a retired army who served in Lagos.

How Tinubu got his fake Lagos blue print is still baffling. He obviously cornered all his successors' achievements to himself
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Fearyourcreator: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:

Are you from lagos State?
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Eriokanmi: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Awesome picture. That's in the late 1990s.

Teni's father who hailed from Ekiti State was a fearless man who was a Nigerian Civil War veteran as an army officer.

I still remember the day he was shot dead in the early 1990s by gunmen in the Ire-Akari Estate area of Isolo, Lagos State where his massive mansion and his group of schools, Apata Memorial were situated. Teni's dad had a habit of arming himself with his guns and then taking on armed robbers who occassionally terrorised Ire Akari Estate, but they finally shot him and the news of his death spread like wildfire because he was a popular millionaire and school owner.

I can't forget that day. Ojo nla l'ojoyęn nilu eko . How Emilokan cornered the performance of all his successors, calling it lagos blueprint is still baffling. I guess those urchins supporting him were not born during those days.

2 Likes

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Massiveglory: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Are you from lagos State?
I am a lagosian. Born in apapa. Lagosian to the core.
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Goalnaldo(m): 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Teni's father who hailed from Ekiti State was a fearless man who was a Nigerian Civil War veteran as an army officer.

I still remember the day he was shot dead in the early 1990s by gunmen in the Ire-Akari Estate area of Isolo, Lagos State where his massive mansion and his group of schools, Apata Memorial were situated. Teni's dad had a habit of arming himself with his guns and then taking on armed robbers who occassionally terrorised Ire Akari Estate, but they finally shot him and the news of his death spread like wildfire because he was a popular millionaire and school owner.

Senior man you are! Respect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Doyou2019: 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2022
omonnakoda:
It is a legitimate question

What did Marwa achieve as governor in Lagos state .

Personally I will be satisfied with one. Just one
As State Governor, Marwa didn't borrow a penny and still left some cash in the Lagos treasury.
From 1996 to 1999 Marwa was Military Governor of Lagos State. During his
administration, he implemented programs such as "Operation 250 Roads" which
greatly improved motoring conditions. He revamped public health institutions,
and ensured that free malaria treatment that was available to all. His
administration upgraded infrastructure in poor neighborhoods. He proclaimed an
edict to regulate rents, stopping the "Jankara" method of eviction of tenants and
ensuring that due process was followed. [2] Marwa became well respected in
Lagos because of "Operation Sweep", a joint police and military venture that
helped reduce Lagos' notorious crime rate.[3]
In February 1998, Buba Marwa said on Nigerian state radio and television that
unknown persons were again trying to assassinate him, and that he and his
entourage had been the target of several bomb attacks starting in 1996. He
said that he would not be intimidated. [3]
In May 1998, Mohammed Buba Marwa imposed fuel rationing in Lagos State in
an attempt to tackle petrol shortages and reduce chronic queuing at petrol
stations. [4] In July 1998, Marwa opened a new asphalt plant in Lagos, the
largest in Nigeria. [5]

2 Likes

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Fearyourcreator: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
ibrocool:
Lovely picture.
As much as I like Teni, I felt bad with the kind of attitude she showed when she received award from President Buhari.

No matter how bad you hate your leader, you need to show respect in public.
She dey follow crowd na
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Fearyourcreator: 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:

I meant your state of origin
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Massiveglory: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

I meant your state of origin
E no like say english na your problem
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by ayandee: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:

Marwa was one of those who worked very hard in Lagos. He opened the alimosho roads, up to the popular AIT road. He developed the Ikeja CBD. He also built the Marwa Gardens, now MKO gardens. He worked harder than Tinubu. Marwa is known as Lagos boy cos he grew up here. His father was a retired army who served in Lagos.

How Tinubu got his fake Lagos blue print is still baffling. He obviously cornered all his successors' achievements to himself
thanks for the memories. Marwa worked really hard in Lagos without much noise. He constructed the road linking Iyanapaja to Ipaja. That road used to be a nightmare back then. He opened up that axis. Marwa was well loved as a governor.

2 Likes

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Fearyourcreator: 8:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:

E no like say english na your problem
I already made my confirmation.. Thanks for the time
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Ovieemmanuel: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Bovis:

Name just one of his projects and get paid. I’m not online to argue back and forth
even if he like let it be 200$ he dashed themnthis man is an old vehicle a rickety one for that matter all of you supporting him should go and sleep. What nonsense at times you people should forget politics and do the right thing. This man no well. BAT no wellllllllllll........
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
Doyou2019:

As State Governor, Marwa didn't borrow a penny and still left some cash in the Lagos treasury.
edict to regulate rents, stopping the "Jankara" method of eviction of tenants and
largest in Nigeria. [5]
It is not possible for government to

NOT BORROW A PENNY

Not borrowing a penny is not an achievement but it is the kind of claim you need to back up with evidence

How do you know this . What is the source
Still left some cash Is that a joke? IS it his cash? Was he the only military governor to leave cash? How is that an achievement.
How much cash did he leave? You are just talking ignorantly
Everything you are claiming is just funny

Opened Asphalt plant in Lagos the Largest in Nigeria . This is hilarious . So Lagos State is in the Asphalt business? How much money has it made from that business ?

Why not say he opened the largest bakery
The simple reality is that you are not from Lagos State otherwise you would not be typing this nonsense

Many of you forget that Lagos State has indigenes that know the alpha and omega of the state

With respect sir you are talking nonsense when you say he did not borrow any penny.
There is no virtue in not borrowing.

3 Likes

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
One DEFINITE achievement and enduring legacy of Marwa is that HE is the one that brought okada to Lagos State . Before Marwa there was nothing like okada in Lagos State
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by kingsceemark(m): 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2022
Samfloxin:
Where this fats from come?

From the Yoruba blood naw
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Massiveglory:

Born in Apapa does not make you Lagosian . It does not work like that
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by JooEeL(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Was he the owner of the Apata memorial school?

1 Like

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Ayo8(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

I still remember so well… lived at Okota then…the news of his death shocked everyone. He was known for his confrontation with notorious robbers plaguing Okota axis…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
Many kids do not know that okada was not present all over Nigeria under Babangida.

It was common in places like Akwa Ibom and Cross River but there was nothing like that in Lagos State

That is Marwa's legacy
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Ayo8(m): 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2022
Doyou2019:

largest in Nigeria. [5]

How dare you say this?? Tinubu built Lagos!!! Lagos was a jungle before 1999..

1 Like

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by Proudlyomonna: 9:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
omonnakoda:
How? What is his legacy?

He doesn't have any Legacy as long as He is not Tinubu abi undecided
Operation 200 Road is one of His startups for the better Lagos people like Tinubu,Ambode,Fashola, and currently Sanwo Olu working with now.
You forget His impact on the malaria treatment in Lagos.
Am I talking to Set awon Tinubu developed Lagos

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 9:26pm On Oct 16, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

He doesn't have any Legacy as long as He is not Tinubu abi undecided
Operation 200 Road is one of His startups for the better Lagos people like Tinubu,Ambode,Fashola, and currently Sanwo Olu working with now.
You forget His impact on the malaria treatment in Lagos.
Am I talking to Set awon Tinubu developed Lagos
I do not recall talking about Tinubu or saying that Tinubu has a legacy if you do not have anything sensible to say then get lost. Not everyone here is interested in that nonsense

What malaria impact ? Do you have any facts or figures? If you do not shut up.
I am from Lagos State are you?

Why do you guys get so exercised about Lagos telling us our history go and focus on your states and stop talking ignorantly
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by sharone21(f): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Apata Memorial school .....I always wondered if the murdered man (Apata) was Teni's dad?

I knew recently she didn't shake Bubu's hand and part of the reason was because of her dad's murder.....

Then there were some assassinations including one other Yoruba man that I think his surname ( Yoruba) starts with E( I have forgotten)

Congrats to Teni and a past great Governor of Lagos State, Marwa ... I remembered when there was 'akara scare' and Marwa had to taste the akara of a road side seller to prove that it was safe to eat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by jaxxy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
omonnakoda:
Not everything has to be about Tinubu

Leave Tinubu to one side

Everybody has opinions about Lagos state

Are you from Lagos State

Please name ONE

Just ONE achievement of Marwa in Lagos state

u see the keke that oluomo is controlling up and down with tinubu like its the fathers property na buba marwa bring am for the whole Nigeria oo not just lagos.

Bt tinubu is now collecting tax on it into his pocket.

There are several other things he achieved without ruining and disorganising the state for extortion and criminal purposes.
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2022
Na so e pain you reach. E yeah sorry.
Massiveglory:
This is one of the best governor lagos had. He sanitized lagos, dealt ruthlessly with agbero and made it safe for us. Many of the highbrow areas you see in lagos was made accessible for people by buba marawa. Lekki, amuwo-odofin gra, etc.

Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by omonnakoda: 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2022
jaxxy:

u see the keke that oluomo is controlling up and down with tinubu like its the fathers property na buba marwa bring am for the whole Nigeria oo not just lagos.

Bt tinubu is now collecting tax on it into his pocket.

There are several other things he achieved without ruining and disorganising the state for extortion and criminal purposes.
Why are you talking TO ME about Tinubu? Is your head correct?

I Believe we are talking about Marwa on this thread
Re: Teni Shares Throwback Pix With Buba Marwa by sharone21(f): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
omonnakoda:
Born in Apapa does not make you Lagosian . It does not work like that

We understand....

But he was giving facts of the situation accurately.

But there are people who have lived long in Lagos ie eg 4th generation 'Lagosians' who might even be from Midwestern states.... Mind you, Bini is also part of Lagos indigenes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Drinks To Celebrate The Birth Of His Son David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jr / 2Face Replies Blackface After Declaring War On Him / Naira Marley And Recreates His EFCC Mugshot With His Crew (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.