Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,927 members, 7,844,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

The Power Of Speech - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Speech (252 Views)

Lady With Speech Handicap Spotted Preaching The Gospel (Video) / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech / Oyedepo Replies Presidency, Says ‘dead Buhari Statement Not Hate Speech’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Speech by Mogbonjubola55: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2022
Submit yourselves therefore to God ...
James 4:7

You have a tongue and a voice. These instruments of speech can be used destructively or employed constructively. You can use your tongue to slander, to gripe, to scold, to nag, and to quarrel; or you can bring it under the control of God’s Spirit and make it an instrument of blessing and praise. The 20th-century version of James 3:3 says, “When we put bits into the horses’ mouths to make them obey us, we control the rest of their bodies also.” Just so, when we submit to the claims of Christ upon our lives, our untamed natures are brought under His control. We become meek, tamed, and “fit for the Master’s service.”

PRAYER:
I would be under Your control, Lord Jesus Christ. Take away the pride that keeps me from complete submission.

by: Evang. Billy Graham
Re: The Power Of Speech by scaryblake: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2022
The power of speech so today I speak death into my life because I am a God I speak the end of my life so shall it be.
Re: The Power Of Speech by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Oct 17, 2022
scaryblake:
The power of speech so today I speak death into my life because I am a God I speak the end of my life so shall it be.
I can tell you from personal experience that you can speak all you want until you are black and blue in the face but it won't happen. You see, contrary to the claims your Mogs and pastors make regarding God, there is no such power to our words given us by God. No, the power that God bestowed on only those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ is clearly defined in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ undecided
Re: The Power Of Speech by terrezo2002(m): 11:12am On Oct 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I can tell you from personal experience that you can speak all you want until you are black and blue in the face but it won't happen. You see, contrary to the claims your Mogs and pastors make regarding God, there is no such power to our words given us by God. No, the power that God bestowed on only those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ is clearly defined in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ undecided
Must you comment?
Re: The Power Of Speech by iamteegee(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2022
Saints of God there's nothing like knowing the reason you were born and the purpose that God has called you in that's why many people are limited,no purpse,no vision,no direction,no prayer,many don't even know God. Which is why Bethelchristaincommunity was created as inspired by God and we've seeing His hand in our midst,please join us on Bethel telegram page as we come together in one accord from all nations of the earth to pray, study together and we also do self development programs. Please join using this link https:///Bethelchristaincommunity

Re: The Power Of Speech by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
terrezo2002:

Must you comment?
I should ask you that very same question. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bible Verses For Midnight Prayers / Joseph Prince Daily Devotional November 3 2022 / Best Candidate for Nigeria come 2023-Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.