Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help (9197 Views)

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months / How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2022
Greetings to everyone who find and read this post.

So after many years of job hunting, I later found a sale job with an E-commerce company. We work on targets and if we don't meet such targets our salary or incentive will be affected so in order to avoid this situation we work hard under sun and rain to meet our targets. I usually meet mine because I go extra mile while selling to customers.

Since I joined the company, no salary increment for over 2yrs but the company keeps increasing our targets and bringing in different polices. Sometimes after working and at the end of the month those policies will make you go home with less than what you deserve. This company has many branches and top notche offices and has money but they're bent on making workers miserable.

Now, my pain is after I have worked and meet my targets and the payment system is reading #91,710 the company paid me #8000 only.

Please I need to get my balance. I need lawyers, humanitarian organizations, human rights personels and individuals who can help me to recover my balance.

Things are hard and I can't think of leaving that huge amount of money for a rich company like mine who could pay brand ambassador and expatriates. I have been leaving #2000, #5000 etc but #83,710 is huge and can do a lot in this present time.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2022
Please don't just view, you can give your 50 cent too. I appreciate good, bad, and the ugly comments, thanks.

7 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by dxdiag(m): 8:55pm On Oct 16, 2022
Richardlove:
Please don't just view, you can give your 50 cent too. I appreciate good, bad, and the ugly comments, thanks.
If your story is true, then your company is nothing but a fraud.
This is where Labour law comes in to the rescue but here in Nigeria, almost nothing works. I feel your pain bro.

33 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by New007: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Start with the HR first. Write a formal complain stating the information you just wrote here in clear terms. In the letter, ask for clarification and subsequently, payment of the outstanding balance owed to you.
Please ensure there's no error on your part.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2022
It's very true, thanks.
dxdiag:

If your story is true, then your company is nothing but a fraud.
This is where Labour law comes in to the rescue but here in Nigeria, almost nothing works. I feel your pain bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Richardlove(m): 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2022
I will be physically present at the office tomorrow, Monday to hear from the HR, thanks. quote
New007:
Start with the HR first. Write a formal complain stating the information you just wrote here in clear terms. In the letter, ask for clarification and subsequently, payment of the outstanding balance owed to you.
Please ensure there's no error on your part.

16 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by New007: 4:21am On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:
I will be physically present at the office tomorrow, Monday to hear from the HR, thanks. quote
Nice

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by VeryWickedMan: 8:35am On Oct 17, 2022
Problem started when you kept silent after the 2k, 5k deductions. They've taken you as a mugu so it will be difficult to break it now.

Mugu.

53 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by JFT24(m): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:
While you will be there physically, it's still necessary to write. It's an official matter

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by xristos(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
sad
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by BESTScientist1: 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tell him you can convert his rotten business to a bad one for the good of all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by FalseProphet1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Visit them and complain, if they ignore you, involve your lawyers and Sue for damages, I see you winning the case.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
angry

Christmas is coming... Don't let feelings and social media make you act a fool. Your ego is not your amigo.

Hold on tight to your job! It's tough out there without one. Look at the numerous jobless old men trolling and wasting time arguing tribalism on this forum to understand just how bad it is to be jobless.
Hold onto your job don't make a mistake

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by twinskenny(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Richardlove:
It's very true, thanks.

What's the name of the company
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by BATified2023: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
They know for sure we have nothing like Labour law in Nigeria so they can treat people with disdain knowing fully well that there will b no repercussions

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by BATified2023: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
BESTScientist1:
Tell him you can convert his rotten business to a bad one for the good of all
name 5 things Peter obi did better than tinubu as governor?

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by kaywhy09(m): 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Start your own business

1 Like

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by GboyegaD(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Go to the Nigerian Industrial Court to make a case against the company. Also ensure you put it in writing to the company demanding an explanation.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by EshjayLee(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
It's really heartbroken � the way some organisations treated their employees. Talk with your HR is there is any, or your supervisor if he's human.
And talk to God to elevate you, by checking your heart God will make a way.
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by bigdammyj: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Reading...
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Awise09(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
Am speechless right now
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by maureensylvia(f): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
Chai
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by ipobarethieves: 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
sad
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Aremu01(m): 1:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
This made my heart bleed sha.
I do hope you get justice
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by Samajogs: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2022
Write to Public complaints commission
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by princepee: 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
[sub][ first thing first!

Go to your HOD, or supervisor and enquir why your money was not paid in full.
If the response is not good enough write to the manager or chairman of the company,
Sometimes those HODs are the ones pocketing your money.
There is nothing wrong in you demanding your pay, you worked for it you deserve it.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by seunak2016: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
angry

Christmas is coming... Don't let feelings and social media make you act a fool. Your ego is not your amigo.

Hold on tight to your job! It's tough out there without one. Look at the numerous jobless old men trolling and wasting time arguing tribalism 9n this forum to understand just how bad it is to be jobless.
Hold onto your job don't make a mistake
so because there is no job, he should forgo 80k without any tangible reason ? is your head paining you ? so he should be working for company and not getting paid what he deserves

22 Likes

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by HomoSapiien: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Too bad. Private institutions are just are corrupt as public institutions in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by bigdammyj: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Why were you keeping quiet initially when they were deducting 2k, 5k...?
Richardlove:
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by SIMONEKPA7: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Drop the name of the company first, lets test microphone on twitter

1 Like

Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by OgaDeyVex: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Abeg, how much are they paying you monthly
Re: My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help by cavreek: 1:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
It's just sad how companys treat their workers capitalizing on the state of the country and economy
If after inquiring from the HR and nothing is done, just know u have to take a legal action and that requires u to resign. Think of what u will gain or loose if u decude to qiut, then u can proceed with ur decision

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You / Signal Alliance Online-test / Is It Okay To Call A Company Regarding Employment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.