Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months (21322 Views)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / N-power: 3 Reasons Why Most N-power Volunteers Were Not Paid Their Backlogs / This Is What N-Power Fmard-pace Paid Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2023
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Right now my head is just full..

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by SETHARTHUR(m): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2023
Go burn am

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by unite4real: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2023
That is where his priority lies. He may not have considered you are at the front of his priorities.

Think about this

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Emmexguy123: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2023
Remove 3 tyres from his new car.
Tell him it's your salary.

Nairalanders are behind you in case of any
Gbas Gbos

161 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by crossfm: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2023
Hehehe.

Boss from hell grin,he is balling while his workers are gnashing their teeths.

Well I don't blame him,we don't adhere to labour law in Nigeria. Employers treat workers like slaves.

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Kasdat5(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
Cease the car keys + documents until he pays .

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Olachase(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
what is your company into what service did you guys render?

that ur bozz don't have human feelings. how can you be owning your workers salary and you have the mind to get yourself a brand new car,

well we shouldn't jump into conclusion yet till we hear from that ur boss himself

most workers too don't have fear of God i have witness in a company where an employee stole Laptops and smart T.V 40inch

buh if what you said is true, without you committing any crime that ur boss need to be wipe ORAIMO CORD undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by cpu2006(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
my boss did the same in 2016. bro, double your hustle.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by princeade86(m): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
Greedy and selfish boss.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Jennyclay(f): 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
I don’t care whether you’re being paid or not, I’m just concerned about the peanut 25k salary undecided

I mean, Do people really do 25k salary job in this country Or they are just joking about it

and to make things worst they can’t even pay their workers the nonsense salary without owning them undecided

If you are earning such amounts and you approach me you’re just wasting your time. I will even help you chop the peanut salary you’re earning without any remorse undecided

May God help all you broke and struggling men!!
Shior!!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Charly68: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
Pray the Lord takes you out of servitude and establish you in person in Jesus name. One man business is like that In the country . They use their staff very well but pay them little. Very wicked men and women

32 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by mukthar2000(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Quite that job, such boss can't help and possible might me using una destiny.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sleekfingers: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Go to court na
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by edogu(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Some of us are worse than the leaders we condemn or criticise.

How can you buy a new car when you are owing your workers. You see why people visit Okija shrine or resort to any available means to resolve their issues.

Some people are evil in human form

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Paracetamol01: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
What?
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Blacksavage: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
angry

Report am give police or put salt for him fuel tank

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Ceasarceasar: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Wicked boss

If he get accident with that car now he go blame village pple

8 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by 3ice9ce: 11:45am On Oct 31, 2023
Contribute 1,500 make una buy 2 liters of fuel. Carry matches from your house.

Option 2, buy 300 naira salt, use nail or iron to force open his fuel tank and pour all the salt inside.

Go under the car and look for the hose leading to the wheel. That is the brake line. Look for razor blade and cut it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by SAMBARRY: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2023
I hate it when people take advantage of others unnecessarily.at least you have no Job so you have nothing to loose so post the name and address of the so called company on twitter for premium dragging

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Calitoscassius(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2023
Whaaaaaa?! grin grin he used your wages to buy a car and you are still there calling him your boss! just machete the forker!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by gigabyte13: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2023
Na government own we dey see...
Which wickedness pass dis one
No be today, l don dey see or hear such
Wickedness of man to is fellow Man
Wicked souls everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by WhisperedNoise: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2023
I empathize with you, dear mister. I really do not know what to say.

Many Nigerian employers are more evil than satan himself. Imagine paying 25k for such work, and not even paying it completely.

The government needs to step up her minimum wage and force private organizations to pay minimum wage too. We can't continue like this. We really can't.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by rickleye: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:
Good morning everyone, I don't know if most of you remember me how I was all over nairaland begging for job sometimes last year..

So I gate crashed to this firm around Port Harcourt were I stay, submitted hard copies of my small documents and was called for interview four days letter.it is a bottling a water factory firm owned by one man.
There was no offer letter, we were just sent an SMS to resume work on so and so .

I was asked to resume 7.30 to 6pm on a salary of 25k per month..for the first month, I was paid half with the excuse that company was not going well as per sales, the second month I was not paid atol with two other guys that resumed same time as me but oga was just giving us 300 naira each for TP,we thought he is generous, because we were expecting double Salary by the month end since we didn't get our previous salary.

It got to the third month which is this month, the three of us went to the lady that does HR and complained to her, she said we should take our complaint to the boss.

The next day, the man came to work with a new ride..Lexus saloon car, how did I know it was a new car? He called his friend on phone and we overheard him telling his friend to come to his office and see the new car he got..

Letter that day after work which was Friday, I and the three other guys met him and said we have not been paid for like 3 months sir, the man cuts in and said don't we see how the country is, that if we are tired we should go..

Since Friday I and the two other guys left the work.and still planning on what to do on him.

I know the country is bad, but we should not try to take advantage of job seekers just because you feel they look desperate..

Deflate all 4 tires 🛞
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by emmabest2000(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2023
Within the past three months you never complained, until now he buy a new car you start complaining,

Check yourself very well oooo
Hope you're not among the enemy of progress,

If I'm in your shoes I start complaining and threatening to resign after one month of no salary

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by IMASTEX: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2023
Labour law only exist in paper in Nigeria. If government can be owing salaries & refuse to pay minimum wage. Private business owners will certainly do worse. Na to double your hustle to be selfreliance.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by pejuakinab: 11:48am On Oct 31, 2023
Show him shege like Tinubu is doing now
Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Cajayi(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2023
I GUESS YOUR BOSS IS SIYANBOLA OR SHE HAS TO BE OBEYED BY FUNKE "JENIFFER"

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Samirana360(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2023
Lol..... He want to use the car to make more money and then pay u..... Just exercise patience...... He said I should tell u... No vex

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by N2B2: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2023
Sunisonflex39:

You've been working for free.

Times are hard, yes, but how you could resume work without a contract?

It may sound harsh, but the reality is a lot of people are out there solely to take advantage of desperate jobseekers.

If I were you, I'd stop working for him immediately and start looking for openings elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by JASONjnr(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2023
If I was in your shoes, I'd get his number and forward him a text...

The text: Good day sir, I am sending this text with a heavy heart and I pray it gets to you. Working with you was my most treasured moments and I did everything with a full heart. I never stole nor took advantage of lateness but delivered at all front. For the passed three months, you owed me and you refused to pay. You instead bought a new car and you never cared about the struggles and risk I took and the hunger. You stole my rights and used it to buy a car. I pray that, you have a terrible accident that no amount of money will heal you. The three months salary you owed, you will suffer all your life with it. Sir, I pray that God will reduce you to my level of suffering. Amen."

11 Likes

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by WhisperedNoise: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2023
3ice9ce:
Contribute 1,500 make una buy 2 liters of fuel. Carry matches from your house.

Option 2, buy 300 naira salt, use nail or iron to force open his fuel tank and pour all the salt inside.

Go under the car and look for the hose leading to the wheel. That is the brake line. Look for razor blade and cut it.

What if investigation is carried out and all fingers point to the op? He'll go to prison for manslaughter. Be calming down sah.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2023
Kasdat5:
Cease the car keys + documents until he pays .

How do we do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Me Get A Job And I'l Marry You If You Wish. / FCMB Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Tabor Energy Solutions Fresh Graduate Trainee Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.