Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts (29543 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments As Governor / Governor Ademola Adeleke Makes First Appointments (Photos) / Governor Hope Uzodinma Makes First Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by press9jatv: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2022
The Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, has directed the freezing of the State Government accounts with immediate effect.

OSUN DEFENDER reports that this is coming hours after he was sworn in as the state governor at the Ekiti Parapo Pavilion, Ado-Ekiti

Aside from freezing the account, Oyebanji also makes his first two appointments. He retained Yinka Oyebode as his Chief Press Secretary

Oyebode was the CPS to the immediate past governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, during his first and second terms.

A statement by the Head of Service, Bamidele Agbede, on Sunday evening titled, ‘Appointment of CPS, said, “The Governor of Ekiti State, Biodun Oyebanji, has appointed Mr Oyebode as the CPS to the Governor. The appointment takes immediate effect”.

The governor has also appointed an academic, Dr Habibat Adubiaro, as the Secretary to the State Government.

A statement on Sunday by the CPS, Oyebode, titled ‘Appointment of the SSG, said, “The appointment takes immediate effect”.
Oyebode, in another statement titled, “Freezing of state government accounts”, said that the

governor had also frozen the accounts of the state government with immediate effect

The CPS said, “All accounting officers and financial institutions are urged to comply with this directive”.

https://www.osundefender.com/breaking-ekiti-governor-oyebanji-makes-first-appointments-freezes-state-account/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by seunmsg(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2022
Retaining Oyebode as CPS is not a good decision. Once disagreement start between the governor and his predecessor, Oyebode will start having crisis of loyalty. Anyway, congratulations to the governor and all the new appointees. I wish them the best as they serve Ekiti to the best of their ability.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by press9jatv: 7:24am On Oct 17, 2022
seunmsg:
Retaining Oyebode as CPS is not a good decision. Once disagreement start between the governor and his predecessor, Oyebode will start having crisis of loyalty. Anyway, congratulations to the governor and all the new appointees. I wish them the best as they serve Ekiti to the best of their ability.
lol you don dey start complaining already. I strongly believe that Oyebamiji won’t last on that seat. I won’t say much for now on that.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by press9jatv: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2022
Cc OAM4j cc Seun cc lalasticlala cc mynd44
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by fenrilh: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2022
Say no to vote buying

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2022
Wahala
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Corridon: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2022
seunmsg:
Upon all your loyalty to APC over the years still no one has deemed it fit to employ you even in your Ekiti state! I think there's something you are not telling us about you.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Enimin: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2022
He has a thief's chubby cheeks, just like his predecessor cheesy

7 Likes

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Zonefree(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
Corridon:
Upon all your loyalty to APC over the years still no one has deemed it fit to employ you even in your Ekiti state! I think there's something you are not telling us about you.
I thought he said he's an auditor?

Audio auditor grin grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by bigdammyj: 7:35am On Oct 17, 2022
The beginning....
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Mrkrobz(m): 7:36am On Oct 17, 2022
"Governor had also frozen the accounts of the state government with immediate effect"

He came prepared grin

Meanwhile, "CHAPTER 2" of my animation series is out ,Check my profile

1 Like

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by veekid(m): 7:36am On Oct 17, 2022
No salary till further notice
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Newyorkitis(m): 7:36am On Oct 17, 2022
Sharp sharp!
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by DrPurple(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
I hope he perform well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Corridon: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Zonefree:

I thought he said he's an auditor?

Audio auditor grin grin
grin. Nairaland auditor.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Obyangel: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Freezing of the state account sweet me wella, and it's pure wisdom to avoid Rats swallowing cash of the state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by TheGameYard(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Seems like an action man already
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by rave9100: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2022
Hes still part of the problem.
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by BluntCrazeMan: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2022
E DON SET ALREADY.

Freezing the account means that all last-minute approvals cannot be paid any longer.
Even with back-dated cheques

4 Likes

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by kushma(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2022
He knows the best for his state and they voted for him. Be Obedient and Yusuful
Vote for Peter Obi the incoming president of Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Houseofglam7(f): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2022
undecided
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Bigleaf1006: 7:40am On Oct 17, 2022
seunmsg:

The cps will follow his stomach.....for most people,the stomach earns the most loyalty.

For oyebanji to have appointed him,they must have been very close and know each other quite well,so switching allegiance wouldn't be a problem anytime the line is drawn.

16 Likes

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Lol
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by sojisenai(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2022
.Hmmm....time will tell.

Meanwhile, if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled...and you need a reputable company to [provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by obinnaoduduwa: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2022
Initial garagara ,i bet you his moves shows he can't do well as governor
Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by Lumig: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2022
cheesy
Smart move. The fear of civil servants is the beginning of... � grin

2 Likes

Re: New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts by obinnaoduduwa: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2022
Africans lack knowledge and there leaders are very gullible people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member Nabbed By Officials While Trying To Attack Citizens. Photo / Buhari Receives Osinbajo, Saraki And Dogara Ahead Of His Trip (pics) / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.