Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices (33409 Views)

Dead Decaying Bodies Litter The Streets Of Kyiv, Ukraine (Graphic Photos, Video) / Russia Invasion: Scores Protest In Spain Over Soaring Cost Of Food, Light, Fuel / Joey Saladino Donates His Testicle To Protest Trump’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by OceanRed(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
RUSSIA don pepper them, same thing all over Europe, soaring food, gas price, sky high inflation, more than 2000 filling stations shut down cus of no fuel. After sanctioning Russia, almighty Great Britain record highest inflation since 1970's, Germany broke their own record inflation of world war 2 years. they should continue sending aids to Ukraine, na dem go suffer am. USA already spent well over 100 billions dollars , EU arranged 16 billion Euros recently, while their citizen suffering continues... Anyway winter is almost here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by stasius: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Atiku will win The presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by DenreleDave(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
N
Cyphar:

Is my father mad? It seems my mother unfortunate.
Did my father mention my mother? What's the attack for my mother, an slowpoke??

All these for your father and mother....

You are a mistake.. Your parents definitely regretted their actions to keep u alive
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:

Are you mad? It seems you are unfortunate.
Did I mention your mother? What's the attack for you this slowpoke??

Omo see Real Vexation..grin
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Akaegwu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2022
Try this in Nigeria, they will call you Peter Obi supporters or enemy of the government.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by GeneralPula: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
pol23:
If you're Macron, what will you do?
Go back to beg putin,
Withdraw from EU sanctions.
I bet they will keep doing the same thing and expecting better result.
It will be a big shame for them to beck to beg Putin.
Things will only get worse around Europe.
This has nothing to do with Putin. Inflation is everywhere, including Russia..

Remove Usa and few other countries, majority of countries economy isn't booming atm.

Earlier this month, china currency drops at 11% against the dollar. So it's everywhere..

1 Like

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Buhari fquoteua author=StagethemTVee post=117628760]Thousands of people took to the streets of Paris on Sunday to protest against soaring prices as weeks of strikes for higher wages at oil refineries spurred demands for a general strike.

The leader of hard-left party La France Insoumise (France Unbowed), Jean-Luc Melenchon, marched alongside this year's Nobel Prize winner for Literature, Annie Ernaux. He called a general strike for Tuesday.
"You're going to live a week like no other, we are the ones who started it with this march," he told the crowd.

Melenchon followed the footsteps of four unions - but not France's biggest, the moderate CFDT - which have called for strikes and protests on Tuesday for wage increases.

The four unions also called the protests to help protect the right to strike, after the government ordered the requisitioning of some oil refinery workers, a move seen by unions as a violation of their constitutional rights.

The march followed a call by the NUPES parliamentary coalition, which hopes to turn the page on domestic violence accusations that have recently dogged senior members.

Budget Minister Gabriel Attal said the left-wing coalition was attempting to exploit the current situation, marked by ongoing strikes at French utility EDF's nuclear plants and at French oil refineries.

"Today's march is a march of supporters who want to block the country," he said on French radio station Europe 1.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe/thousands-take-to-the-streets-of-paris-to-protest-soaring-prices/amp_articleshow/94901654.cms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDprbCozlk

[/quote] buhari's fault...
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Cryofigbos: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:

My brother be calming down oh....he no suppose reach insult nah

Omo iya kanna ni gbogbo yin oh

1 Like

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by achillesfoot(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:
Russian effect.

How mighty Countries like Germany, UK and France all of a sudden turned United state puppet and foot-stool is still what i dont get.

These big countries dont even have their voices anymore, they cant make decisions for themselves anymore.

The US carried out a terrorist attack by blowing up the Russian Nord stream pipeline transporting gas to Germany. Germany kept quiet like a Dundee, a whole former world power turned into a puppet.
Now france who is also battling its own economical issue is the one helping germany with gas.

Things now falling apart and the center not holding anymore. Winter is coming Europe.
This is just the beginning. The sanctioners are feeling the heat more than the sanctioned.
Lol

I foresee more protest of this type, but with a different magnitude across europe in the coming few weeks.

Russia is nobody's mate
. You laid it out exactly the way it is..

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by DenreleDave(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:

It's obvious i am destined to die young... I will never make it in life. And i will die miserable and my father and mother will weep.......my generations to come will be begggers.... And as long as dey are alive, dey will curse me till their last breath.... Dey will not even live long self..

You have made mistake, and it shall haunt you till the last day.... Iwo omo ofo, ikeji aja..... Oniisorire
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Stanleyq:
But i did not see any bad thing he first said, just a country that works, he did nt even mention nig and u began to attack him

Check his subsequent replies.

I neva even touch am, not to talk of attack
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:
A country that works

Shut up, hypocrite.

You blame Buhari for soaring food prices, but pretended not to notice the situation in France just to display inferiority complex.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by kingyakos: 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:
Russian effect.

How mighty Countries like Germany, UK and France all of a sudden turned United state puppet and foot-stool is still what i dont get.

These big countries dont even have their voices anymore, they cant make decisions for themselves anymore.

The US carried out a terrorist attack by blowing up the Russian Nord stream pipeline transporting gas to Germany. Germany kept quiet like a Dundee, a whole former world power turned into a puppet.
Now france who is also battling its own economical issue is the one helping germany with gas.

Things now falling apart and the center not holding anymore. Winter is coming Europe.
This is just the beginning. The sanctioners are feeling the heat more than the sanctioned.
Lol

I foresee more protest of this type, but with a different magnitude across europe in the coming few weeks.

Russia is nobody's mate

1st time in history you've make sense.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by superCleanworks(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Thousands of people took to the streets of Paris on Sunday to protest against soaring prices as

in Nigeria, we simply increase the price of whatever we are selling and say THINGS DON COST as excuse to kill each other with price instead of to FACE THE GOVERNMENT, we FACE EACH OTHER
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by DenreleDave(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:

A country that works right? But when people protest in Nigeria here too for same reasons.. You call the country a failed country.

You people are hypocrites.
Enemy of Nigeria.

See the guy cursing you

Cc: Cyphar

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Osariemen12: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
Long live Vladimir Odion Putin.

God bless Mother Russia.

The code is ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by cunny88(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
Just curious to know if picking pockets aren't part of dat huge crowd
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by ATLIEN2027: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:
A country that works
Country that works with high inflation?
grin
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Enyimbamercedes: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
A bigger hypocrite on this thread says that when people protest in Nigeria, they’ll call it a failed country. The idiot forgets that the government will not even allow you protest without sending paid thugs and the police to disrupt it.

APC bandits happy that the protests are even happening abroad but are conveniently closing their eyes to the fact that these people are exercising their right to protest without fear of harassment!

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Britishpea: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Cyphar:

Zombie can’t even handle simple explanatory question! Uncouth maggot attacking someone’ else’s mother.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by wpadmin: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:

A country that works right? But when people protest in Nigeria here too for same reasons.. You call the country a failed country.

Enemy of Nigeria.

Hypocrites raised to the power of 10
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by yommen: 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:

Enemy of Nigeria.

Listen to yourself. Does Nigeria work? Of course France has worked for as a long as we know! They are shouting loud because their country has never witnessed it this bad. We have witnessed the cost of everything rise sporadically. Did we ever protest when rice rose from 7k to over 30k? Price of gas has been jumping up. Did we protest? No, because we are used to seeing it get worse. That country is not used to seeing this bad the way they see it at the moment. So, they are talking. I don't understand your point, actually!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by stacyadams: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
joshjc:
Citizens that know their rights, unlike us who accept and bear everything, instead of protesting we'll be praying
after praying we still vote another sick candidate for another 8 years..the suffering aluta continua
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by tesppidd: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I expected Nigerians to have done same since. Its never too late. Nigerians are too soft on the APC. Things are hard in town. I just pity all the salary earners right now. I feel their pain. Dollar is soaring by the day. If they had left it at the rate they met it in 2015, wouldn't it have been better? If you ask them, they'd say it also affects other countries but ask them why cefa which was formerly the worst currency in africa has more value than naira today, they'd keep quiet in a country where there's no oil and natural gas now brags of a stronger currency. O ma se nilu ędę oo. How are the mighty fallen!

Inflation keeps eating deep into salary. No salary increase desoite the harsh economic situation No security and corruption hasn't been put on check. It's rather getting worse. See mind-boggling discoveries at the creeks after obi bursted. I pity that kwara man who's children were abducted and sold his car and now putting his house in sale.

Obi bursted heir bubbles on CNN on oil bunkering and those involved in it. See how they hurriedly set a vessel worth bulillions of nakra ablaze ti cover up cheesy. Apc don finish Nigeria. What a country.

Before you vote next year, think of the below.
Can you show us 1998 versus 2015?
Let us check something.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by Ever8090: 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:
Russian effect.

Lol

Russia is nobody's mate
the way some of you sit behind your computer and type whatever nonsense that comes into yourind, it's amazing....

1 Like

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by stacyadams: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
Enyimbamercedes:
A bigger hypocrite on this thread says that when people protest in Nigeria, they’ll call it a failed country. The idiot forgets that the government will not even allow you protest without sending paid thugs and the police to disrupt it.

APC bandits happy that the protests are even happening abroad but are conveniently closing their eyes to the fact that these people are exercising their right to protest without fear of harassment!
...APC rats grin
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by adedayoa2(f): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:

Enemy of Nigeria.
Even the protest na to burn houses and buses.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by babajero(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:

Enemy of Nigeria.
It is a failed state because buhari will send soldiers and police to go shoot and kill unarmed protesters. You are the real hypocrite. Real enemy of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by RepoMan007: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
lhordspy:
Russian effect.

Lol

Russia is nobody's mate
Putardinho.
Re: Thousands Take To The Streets Of Paris To Protest Soaring Prices by BigBashiru: 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
OceanRed:
RUSSIA don pepper them, same thing all over Europe, soaring food, gas price, sky high inflation, more than 2000 filling stations shut down cus of no fuel. After sanctioning Russia, almighty Great Britain record highest inflation since 1970's, Germany broke their own record inflation of world war 2 years. they should continue sending aids to Ukraine, na dem go suffer am. USA already spent well over 100 billions dollars , EU arranged 16 billion Euros recently, while their citizen suffering continues... Anyway winter is almost here.

There is nothing "almighty" or "great" about Britain; anglo saxons are savages who need to be civilized by us. They feign civilized but they are thieves...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Donald Trump Calls Justin Trudeau “two-faced” For Mocking Him / Ghana Bans Spending In Foreign Currencies, Makes Cedi Sole Legal Tender / Idris Deby: Why A Leader Should Not Be At The Front Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.