Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community (25619 Views)

Flour Milling Industry in Nigeria / Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / See The Oranges I Bought For N600 In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Don’t mind that human.
Once they can speak English and learned about oyinbo ancestors, they think they’re educated.
Mumu people.
I'm tired of some of them bro. Nigerian schools that after graduation you'll go back to learn a skill is what some of them keep making noise

2 Likes

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by abobote: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2022
Very beautiful
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by fredoooooo: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
That little boy has a skill that will feed him and his family in the future and when u nd ur children graduate frm schl he has what it takes to employ u. Africans think going to school only means being in a classroom nd be taught ancient theories written by the white man. Most of u make noise abt going to school and yet no meaningful impact can be tressed to going to school in this country.
Reason why majority of them can't think outside the box, and lots of them even bought theor way out of school... and later blame everything on the govt.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by fredoooooo: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Don’t mind that human.
Once they can speak English and learned about oyinbo ancestors, they think they’re educated.
Mumu people.
Even the oyinbo , make skill learning important for theor citizen.. you can combine or do one of the two .
Our own oversabi make us think going to school is everything in life ..
Many goes to the school but thes school pass through them not. All they do is to speak big grammars... Awon motivational olodos grin

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Baffupdrizz(m): 10:00am On Oct 21, 2022
Great work
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by ajayiopy: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2022
Asquare84:
of cause you know the implication of this on our environment, the popular locust beans trees is what they use to produce the mortar, it may interest you to know that no any locust beans tree is standing again in Idoma land because of this local mortar. off cause we are all missing our local okpehe delicacies

LOCUST BEAN FULL ONDO AND EKITI STATES
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by farouk2much(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2022
What did government arrange as an offer for those that graduated from school? Useless people always disturbing others about schools. They forgot the type of leaders we have in naija
MufasaLion:
That little boy should be in school, not at a useless mortar factory. He's a kid!!!
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Viiictor10(m): 10:12am On Oct 21, 2022
No PPE worn. That boy should have safety goggles on, the eye is very delicate
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by ajayiopy: 10:15am On Oct 21, 2022
adecz:

Unsustainable, environmentally unfriendly
business model☹️

Stone mortars are more sustainable☑️

HOW CAN I GET THIS?
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Laolu1235: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2022
Bzbbxbd

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by dallasi: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2022
crossfm:

Hehehe,so I should deny my lineage because of bad road's and the choice of Ochi Idoma?, sorry I can't do that.

The road you showed over there is the responsibility of the government,my people don't construct federal roads,and as for the Ochi Idoma, it's the fight of the God's.It's only fool's who fight for their God's rather the God's should be the ones fighting for his people. Shalom.

Your lineage is weak waiting for crumble to feed at most time,,
How on earth the will they appoint the head of idoma deity to be a Pastor?
So tell me how will he conduct an "EJA ALEKWU" festivals & host of others local ceremonies ?
You see how ur lineage is going into an oblivion?
It shame
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by OBTMOS(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2022
robinso01:
I hope they do reforestation of the trees that's deforest
The process of planting trees is called afforestation!
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
That little boy should be in school, not at a useless mortar factory. He's a kid!!!

Can you see why this nation remain where it is? What makes it useless now? And who told you this little kid would not Excel in this 'useless motor factory ' and employ you and your children tomorrow?
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Dangrace01: 11:27am On Oct 21, 2022
I saw the manufacture of this in benue where i served

It was mind blowing

The old man didnt use any machine just crude equipment
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by robinso01(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2022
OBTMOS:

The process of planting trees is called afforestation!

Reforestation is planting of trees in area deforested.
Afforestation is planting of trees or creating Forest where none had existed b4.

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by adecz: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2022
SugarGirl44:

What about the health implications?
Don’t you think some particles of the stone would find their way into the stomach?

Before the era of electric blenders
and grinding machine, our elder used
grinding stone for tomatoes, pepper etc &
they didn't die.

If a wooden pestle is used with stone
mortar, the issue of stone particles won't
arise.☑️
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by zedman1(m): 11:39am On Oct 21, 2022
MufasaLion:
Depending on the four walls of the classroom ALONE should never be encouraged in any nation that wishes to grow. Besides, the best advice to give to the up and coming generation is to try and learn at least a skill combined with formal education, considering the current harsh realities.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
fredoooooo:

Reason why majority of them can't think outside the box, and lots of them even bought theor way out of school... and later blame everything on the govt.
U're right sir!
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by adekunleogun: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
The factory workers should have taken safety into consideration. No one of them is using safety glasses let alone using hand gloves. Make safety the most priority in any business like this to avoid unwanted stories.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by bizzibodi(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
This kind of business should be curtail it is causing serious deforestation of our floras which will inturn lead to flash floods,soil erosion,global warming,high CO2 emissions, even child labour etc.

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:27pm On Oct 21, 2022
Now we have to bring down valuable trees just for pounded yam, Africans una do well o

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by pacespot(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
Nice work
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by JudgeWilson(m): 1:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
dannyville2:

So idoma boys dey nairaland ? I greet u, all the way from Otukpo nobi
Oyi Abole?
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by JudgeWilson(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
itsmayiela:

Burnt bricks
Thanks
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by dannyville2(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
JudgeWilson:

Oyi Abole?

Obobi no, aba ke yole? I no sabi type idoma like that �
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by themanderon: 1:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
I hope they are planting new trees to replace the ones being felled. With time there may be no more trees to fix the greenhouse gases.

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by BafanaBafana: 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
Antoeni:
God gave Adam wife for free but I don't know who brought the idea of paying bride price
That's Hebrew mythology.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by SugarGirl44(f): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2022
adecz:

Before the era of electric blenders
and grinding machine, our elder used
grinding stone for tomatoes, pepper etc &
they didn't die.
If a wooden pestle is used with stone
mortar, the issue of stone particles won't
arise.☑️

Yeah I know the grinding stone.
Ok, if the stone mortar would be used with wooden pestle then o make sense.

1 Like

Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by hartson(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2022
clockwisereport:
I tell you bro. You need to come to Obimo in Nsukka and see what the chinese are doing to trees in that area all in the name of charcoal factory
Hi I once quoted you but no response.would love to contact you via WhatsApp.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by Jamestown123: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
Asquare84:
of cause you know the implication of this on our environment, the popular locust beans trees is what they use to produce the mortar, it may interest you to know that no any locust beans tree is standing again in Idoma land because of this local mortar. off cause we are all missing our local okpehe delicacies
Our place in Akpa, in otukpo local government, we don't allow falling of locust bean trees. It's an Idoma land also. So please don't say no locust bean trees are still standing again.
Re: Otukpo Wooden Mortar Factory: Thriving Local Industry In Benue Community by DisLifeSha: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
They continuously cut these trees without planting

Asquare84:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Run A Poultry Business Without Running Mad? / Palm Oil Storage Business Investment (buying & Selling) In Nigeria. / Thread For Maize Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.