Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

My First Website. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My First Website. (583 Views)

My First Website / Learn To Create Your First Website From Scratch (free Video Tutorials) / Anybody Can </code> - Write Your First Website Easily Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Website. by majesticguy: 10:54am On Oct 17, 2022
After 6 months of practice, here's my first website.

Features: Html, Css, JS

https://tiny-sherbet-9b316c.netlify.app/#services

Constructive criticism would be highly appreciated.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Website. by Deicide: 11:13am On Oct 17, 2022
The site load on my device very fast, even with all the images. Did you use nextjs to achieve that? Or are those images webp?
Re: My First Website. by majesticguy: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2022
Deicide:
The site load on my device very fast, even with all the images. Did you use nextjs to achieve that? Or are those images webp?

No I didn't use nextjs. The images are all in JPEG format.

The trick to it is that the images are highly compressed. Most of the size doesn't exceed 100kb, hence the fast loading of the site.

I sourced most of the images from Usplash.

1 Like

Re: My First Website. by LikeAking: 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
majesticguy:

https://primetech-47.netlify.app/

Is it a tutorial?
Re: My First Website. by LikeAking: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
majesticguy:

https://primetech-47.netlify.app/

Is it from a tutorial?
Re: My First Website. by majesticguy: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
LikeAking:

Is it from a tutorial?

No, It's not from any tutorial, it's my design. Although I got some ideas from perusing through the internet.

1 Like

Re: My First Website. by Maxxim: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
It looks good man, I got a hint from what you said about the image compression.

1 Like

Re: My First Website. by akwesenana: 5:07am On Oct 18, 2022
Inspiring.
Re: My First Website. by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 18, 2022
Weldone op, it looks great in my device. I'll suggest a tiny modification, how about you italicize the reviews to give it a distinct feel.

Update: The Hero background image, there's some sort of color clash of the company name between the name and the lady's skin... You can grayscale / blur the image or brighten the image.

For desktop view for mobile, that text is overflowing out of its parent container. Also, Why not use border bottom 2px solid #**** then apply margin bottom 1.2em instead of List-Style: Dotted;?

Aside these, it looks perfect IMO.

Re: My First Website. by majesticguy: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
CodeWithRemi:
Weldone op, it looks great in my device. I'll suggest a tiny modification, how about you italicize the reviews to give it a distinct feel.
Yes, it looks really good italicized.

Update: The Hero background image, there's some sort of color clash of the company name between the name and the lady's skin... You can grayscale / blur the image or brighten the image.

Would definitely work on that.

For desktop view for mobile, that text is overflowing out of its parent container. Also, Why not use border bottom 2px solid #**** then apply margin bottom 1.2em instead of List-Style: Dotted;?
I think it's because you are using the desktop view for mobile. It's quite ok on PC. I modified the word because it seems it's too long and hiding it via overflow would make it look awful.

For the list-style: dotted, it's just preference.

All in, a million thanks boss, i really appreciate the pointers.

1 Like

Re: My First Website. by captainbangz: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2022
when I go get money repair my laptop laidis?

(1) (Reply)

My Keyboard Special Character Hurt Me..help / Slugs In Urls / If You Build It, They Probably Won’t Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.