Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? (7379 Views)

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by Didijiji: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Good day Nairaland.

Please is it possible to get to Ivory Coast by road? If yes, how is that done?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by Aareakinwunmi(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2022
Yeah
Go to Maza Maza park in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
Direct bus from Ejigbo, Osun State.
Didijiji:
Good day Nairaland.

Please is it possible to get to Ivory Coast by road? If yes, how is that done?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by Didijiji: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
AKWATGOLD1:
Thank you. Which transport company please?
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
No be lie o, you can get bus to any west/east African country from Ejigbo.

AKWATGOLD1:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
You can go bit by bit. From Mile 2 to Seme, get a bike or bus to 'cross' you inside Seme, from Seme to Ilakonji, from Ilakonji to Aflao, from Aflao to Yamoussoukro/Abidjan OR

Board Abidjan bus from Ilakonji or direct bus to Abidjan from Mile 2.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by Didijiji: 2:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
plantainbender:
You can go bit by bit. From Mile 2 to Seme, get a bike or bus to 'cross' you inside Seme, from Seme to Ilakonji, from Ilakonji to Aflao, from Aflao to Yamoussoukro/Abidjan OR

Thank you so much. Please what transport company name and can the booking be done online?
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Any of the usual suspects; GUO, GIG, Okeyson, PMT etc.

Didijiji:
Thank you so much. Please what transport company name and can the booking be done online?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Mind you, it's more expensive if you go direct to Abidjan from Lagos with one bus; way cheaper if you go bit by bit. 70-80k direct bus to Abidjan from Lagos but max 30k if you go bit by bit. Selah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by sexymonkey(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
plantainbender:
Mind you, it's more expensive if you go direct to Abidjan from Lagos with one bus; way cheaper if you go bit by bit. 70-80k direct bus to Abidjan from Lagos but max 30k if you go bit by bit. Selah!
sabi boy
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Odogwu!
sexymonkey:
sabi boy

1 Like

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by roughdiamond(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
No direct Bus from Lagos to Abidjan currently as the borders are still closed.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by JoeLohic: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2022
plantainbender:
Pls, do you know how one can easily change NGN to CFA at the borders?
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2022
Easy peezy! Get to Seme border, get a bike to 'cross' you to the Benin Republic side of the border, approach any of the BDCs, do the exchange.

One thing with African currencies is that, the farther you are to the host country, the lesser the value you get in exchange.

that is, if you have some Cedi with you in Lagos & you want to change to Naira, you'll get less value for the the Cedi compared to when you want to do same in Togo, Ghana or Ivory Coast.

JoeLohic:
Pls, do you know how one can easily change NGN to CFA at the borders?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by JoeLohic: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
plantainbender:
Easy peezy! Get to Seme border, get a bike to 'cross' you to the Benin Republic side of the border, approach any of the BDCs, do the exchange.

One thing with African currencies is that, the farther you are to the host country, the lesser the value you get in exchange.

that is, if you have some Cedi with you in Lagos & you want to change to Naira, you'll get less value for the the Cedi compared to when you want to do same in Togo, Ghana or Ivory Coast.

So in essence, are you saying I might get a better offer of exchange rate in Lagos than in Benin Republic?
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
On the contrary, you'll get better deals in Benin Republic than in Lagos.

JoeLohic:
So in essence, are you saying I might get a better offer of exchange rate in Lagos than in Benin Republic?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by mystery22: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2022
plantainbender:
30k lol that was before

1 Like

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Chief, with the way you're 'lol-ing', you seem to be familiar with the route. smiley cheesy

But if you're as familiar with that route as I am, 30-35k or max 40k will get you to Abidjan. 18k got me and my fiance to Seme from Aflao last December.

mystery22:
30k lol that was before
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by JoeLohic: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
plantainbender:
Chief, with the way you're 'lol-ing', you seem to be familiar with the route. smiley cheesy

But if you're as familiar with that route as I am, 30-35k or max 40k will get you to Abidjan. 18k got me and my fiance to Seme from Aflao last December.

what of from Benin Republic to Senegal through Mali?�
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
LOL. Error! Never been to Senegal. I only speak of places I've been to.

JoeLohic:
what of from Benin Republic to Senegal through Mali?�
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by mystery22: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2022
plantainbender:

well I am currently there and alot has changed,but maybe you know the route more than me.cos is around 60-65k now but the stress might not be worth it since crossing some rivers maybe included

1 Like

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
Well, that's true. The process is so stressful.

mystery22:
well I am currently there and alot has changed,but maybe you know the route more than me.cos is around 60-65k now but the stress might not be worth it since crossing some rivers maybe included
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by JoeLohic: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
roughdiamond:
No direct Bus from Lagos to Abidjan currently as the borders are still closed.
So... now, how best can we go to Abidjan if we can't get a straight bus and the 'bit by bit' route seems stressful coupled with crossing of some rivers as someone said above?

Or is there a possible route through the northern borders
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by roughdiamond(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
JoeLohic:
So... now, how best can we go to Abidjan if we can't get a straight bus and the 'bit by bit' route seems stressful coupled with crossing of some rivers as someone said above?

Flight
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by saysugar(m): 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2022
JoeLohic:

see direct bus Dey ejigbo or iwo osun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by saysugar(m): 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
roughdiamond:

Flight
@roughdiamond I wan get ur whatsapp o
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by themba(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
plantainbender:

If one is going after Abidjan to dakar....kindly epp with d best move
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by plantainbender(m): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2022
Honestly, I haven't been to Dakar or anywhere in Senegal before; the farthest I've gone in West Africa is Abidjan & Yamous.

You can move from Abidjan to Dakar or Dakar through Mali.

themba:

If one is going after Abidjan to dakar....kindly epp with d best move

1 Like

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by JoeLohic: 7:18am On Oct 29, 2022
saysugar:
see direct bus Dey ejigbo or iwo osun
Ok, do you have idea of the transportation cost and can one easily get direct bus to Mali or Senegal from there?
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by saysugar(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2022
Lol, u think Mali Senegal be small journey? U no talk of burkina
JoeLohic:
Ok, do you have idea of the transportation cost and can one easily get direct bus to Mali or Senegal from there?

2 Likes

Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by mrsage(m): 1:03pm On May 12, 2023
Hello
Re: Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? by mkbessman(m): 8:10am On May 13, 2023
plantainbender:

Thanks for this information. Is it true that if you’re entering Ghana that they give fake stamps on your passport? Because this is why I was scared of traveling before in order not to get into gbese with the dream country I’m trying to move to (Canada) by this year. I just want to get a travel history and see outside Naija small.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appointment At Spanish Embassy Nigeria / Cost Of Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana / Applying For A Us Tourist Visa In London - May Be Refused Because I'm Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.