Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People (44919 Views)

Russian Nuclear-Like Missile Hits Ukraine (Video) / Russia Blasted Ukraine Capital, Kyiv With Waves Of Kamakaze Drones / Russia Hits Back At Western Sanctions, 48 Countries Will Be Affected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Chingykay77(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
beejay509:
Russia can u pls direct some of those drones to Nigeria??
E get y

Guy!!! grin
You too like vauwlence grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
Ukrainian official slams Bayraktar drones in prank call

grin grin
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
OceanRed:

then you need to keep abreast of events and statements from the USA , Washington made that statement .Armory used in Afghan war are obsolete, they aren't using same equipment anymore, USA wont go to war now with those gadgets. they are producing new equipment with state of the art tech which is costly e.g HIMARS and co, which is been depleted fast by ukraine. HIMARS are damn expensive!
To date, more than 200 billions have been spent on Ukraine war that is still less than a year, how much will it now cost if its prolong for 20 years?

Slow your row.

HIMARS have just been sent 3 months ago.
They weren't sent initially.

No source. No link and you claim Washington is your source.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

The Taliban is back in power, there can be a thousand Osama Bin Laden.
Under these circumstances, their deaths were in vain.
Thier lives are not even worth 1 naira.

THE Talibans ARE NOT ALQEDA.
THE Talibans ARE NOT ALQEDA
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
Asour:

I've heard your perspective.
It doesn't invalidate reality.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

I've heard your perspective.
It doesn't invalidate reality.

ALqeda struck America.

ALqeda has bases in Afghanistan & Pakistan.
America in its quest to strike ALqeda has killed members of its leadership IN Afghanistan & Pakistan.

This has considerably REDUCED ALQEDA related terrorism in US & US embassies globally IN RECENT times compared to before 2005.

It is PERFECT? NO.

But to say it was all for nothing means you don't understand progress. Progress is not perfection.
Is movement towards it. As former Mossad director says: Attempt at Executing the enemy makes him divide his time (towards attacking you) between attacking you & protecting himself.

The Taliban is a different kettle (but still bad).
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Asour:

ALqeda struck America.

ALqeda has bases in Afghanistan & Pakistan.
America in its quest to strike ALqeda has killed members of its leadership IN Afghanistan & Pakistan.

This has considerably REDUCED ALQEDA related terrorism in US & US embassies globally IN RECENT times compared to before 2005.

It is PERFECT? NO.

But to say it was all for nothing means you don't understand progress. Progress is not perfection.
Is movement towards it. As former Mossad director says: Attempt at Executing the enemy makes him divide his time (towards attacking you) between attacking you & protecting himself.

The Taliban is a different kettle (but still bad).

I disagree, but I don't really want to argue with you.
Nothing you said changed my earlier position.
This does not warrant an argument.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

I disagree, but I don't really want to argue with you.
Nothing you said changed my earlier position.
This does not warrant an argument.

Fine.

Let me simplify:

Are you saying that the Taliban's are same as ALQEDA?
Or that America's killing ALQUEDA'S leadership hasn't drastically reduced ALQEDA attacks in America?

If it has then your claim that US onslaught was for nothing would be false.

It like saying because Nigeria soldiers haven't totally eliminated bokoharam then all there work has been useless. Not true. Many more would have died.

I'm only disagreeing with this one point.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
Asour:

Fine.

Let me simplify:

Or that America's killing ALQUEDA'S leadership hasn't drastically reduced ALQEDA attacks in America?

It like saying because Nigeria soldiers haven't totally eliminated bokoharam then all there work has been useless. Not true. Many more would have died.

I'm only disagreeing with one mi
I don't wish to argue lol.
The simple fact is
The US went to Afghanistan to depose the Taliban and impose a Western govt on the Afghan people under the guise of democracy.
The Taliban resisted, defeated the US and sacked the US backed govt last year.

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Asour:

Fine.

Let me simplify:

I'm only disagreeing with this one point.
This is my position, this is reality.
The taliban* took power in afghanistan in August, 2021, triggering the collapse of the US-backed government and accelerating the American troop pullout. On August 31, 2021, US forces completed their withdrawal from the South Asian country, ending their 20-year-long military presence there. * the group under UN sanctions for terrorist activity

The Taliban that the US had gone to depose defeated the US (the Taliban was the govt of the day at the time of the US invasion) and sacked the US backed illegitimate 'democratic' govt of Ashraf.
The US invaded Afghanistan because they alleged the Taliban supported terrorism (the terrorists you earlier mentioned).
You have a distorted version of reality and I don't want you to share it with me. If you continue, I'll ignore.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

I don't wish to argue lol.
The simple fact is
The US went to Afghanistan to depose the Taliban and impose a Western govt on the Afghan people under the guise of democracy.
The Taliban resisted, defeated the US and sacked the US backed govt last year.

Sorry sir,

You're missing the main point just to make a point.
The Taliban Ruled Afghanistan from 1996 - 2001.

Why did the US not attack them prior to 2001?

For the Talibans even I thought the US progress wrong/poor

*But the US wasn't defeated by the Taliban.
They chose to leave after 20 years. It wasn't worth it.
The US supported Afghanistan government ruled Afghanistan after the US sacked them(Taliban) BECAUSE they felt they created a good heaven for ALQEDA.

Afghanistan was lost to the Taliban because the government gave up without a struggle.

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

The taliban* took power in afghanistan in August, 2021, triggering the collapse of the US-backed government and accelerating the American troop pullout. On August 31, 2021, US forces completed their withdrawal from the South Asian country, ending their 20-year-long military presence there. * the group under UN sanctions for terrorist activity

The Taliban that the US had gone to depose defeated the US (the Taliban was the govt of the day at the time of the US invasion) and sacked the US backed illegitimate 'democratic' govt of Ashraf.
The US invaded Afghanistan because they alleged the Taliban supported terrorism (the terrorists you earlier mentioned).
You have a distorted version of reality and I don't want you to share it with me. If you continue, I'll ignore.
I've concluded this topic.
I won't be reeducated by people who have a distorted version of reality.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Asour: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

How can a Taliban government who have been ousted for 20 years squatting in neighbouring Pakistan ALL of a sudden sack people who have held their country 20 years.

20 years v 1 day. You be the judge.
20 years v 1 day?

There was a well publicised meeting in Qatar between Taliban & US government.
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-11-24/U-S-envoy-on-Afghanistan-to-meet-Taliban-leaders-in-Doha-next-week-15rqeXUdeiQ/share_amp.html

There was no violence in the Taliban take over of Afghanistan.

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2022

The Turkish-made UAVs are more about PR and corruption than combat effectiveness, Sergey Pashinsky “privately” admits

Maybe they should ask heavily sanctioned North Korea for help or Iran grin
They can call me, I'll help them grin
Tell Zelensky to call me cool
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

The Turkish-made UAVs are more about PR and corruption than combat effectiveness, Sergey Pashinsky “privately” admits

Maybe they should ask heavily sanctioned North Korea for help or Iran grin
They can call me, I'll help them grin
Tell Zelensky to call me cool

Zelensky call me grin
Turkish-made Bayraktar drones have no combat effectiveness due to their extreme vulnerability to air defense systems, Ukrainian official, Sergey Pashinsky said in a mock interview with Russian pranksters Vovan and Lexus.

Brb grin
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by oneMalik: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
So who is that Nigeria ?

TriittNG:

If Nigeria focused on it's own interests, there's no reason we should be self reliant on our tech.
We may exchange information but, we should be building our weapons locally.
Look at Iran, look at what they did despite US sanctions.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TenQ: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
fydence:
no need to engage you further sir... If you can't at least admit the obvious.
Is Ukraine fighting Iran?

Don't forget that Iranian drones wrecked some damages in Ukraine lately.

The same argument, sir!

Before the war, Putin went to China to solidify relationship as allies. Ukraine has her allies with NATO countries. Is this not normal in wars?

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by TriittNG: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

Zelensky call me grin
Turkish-made Bayraktar drones have no combat effectiveness due to their extreme vulnerability to air defense systems, Ukrainian official, Sergey Pashinsky said in a mock interview with Russian pranksters Vovan and Lexus.

Brb grin
Pashinsky thought he was speaking to former US ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul. During the call he apparently admitted that “there is more PR and corruption in Bayraktar than combat use,” according to a video published by the duo on their Telegram channel which appears to have been recorded sometime earlier this month.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Lambata: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
[Dey just they kill kill each other. How does this affect price of rice .........

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by MrHeff(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
timesupreloaded:
you be big fool. Bring your head come make I divide am into two with axe. Morroon like you shouldn't be allowed to dwell among humans
keypad warrior you want to price my market? Lol you are too small.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by MrHeff(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
One4me:

I will learn something new today!

Can you mention the territories that belong to Russia, that it has lost?

BTW:, You did not tell us whether Ukraine has lost Men, Equipment and Territories, as well?

- You did not tell us if the West and Ukraine, have tried to make attempts on Russian president's Life (at least they succeeded with killing some Russian generals at the War front)?

- You did not tell us if Ukraine did conscript all men between the ages of 18 and 60yrs, as far back as February, just after the War started and how even Nigerian Students were being maltreated for trying to escape Ukraine, instead of joining the Ukrainian Conscript?

You cant be telling us only about "Russian Reality/Facts" alone now. grin grin grin
lol I do not have to argue with you when the facts are already there.

No matter the propaganda, ALMIGHTY RUSSIA HAS FAILED TO TAKE OVER UKRAINE.

IT IS 9 MONTHS RUNNING.

IT IS A FAILED MILITARY EXERCISE THAT HAS MET WITH HEAVY RESISTANCE.

Argue all you like.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by theforemost: 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Do you know what started it?

Have you asked yourself why the nato and america can’t call for peace rather they supporting Ukraine with weapons

You and your younger brother ones are fight, instead of your neighbors to separate you guys, they are financing your younger brother, arming him to fight you.

Why can’t they separate,

Why can’t usa say ok , we will not accept Ukraine to nato, take your territory, simple.

The truth is; though i HATE this unnecessary killings, but to think of it, the war is actually gonna make the WHOLE world more peaceful. It's a war of test of strength. The consequence would be polarization of the world into RUSSIAN ALLIES and NATO ALLIES.
how, what actually led to the war is ; Russia helping some countries like itan and north Korea among others, who'd been tag by the west to GO off for THE NEW WORLD ORDER thus making it difficult for the west. But russia could make it worse. If it decides to over any country nuclear power, EVERY single country of the world would align with it. It would be putting a gun at their head.
Forget. Its not gonna endanger the world. It's gonna keep all nations to it's border
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by theforemost: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Stronghold91:

when
Russia is patiently waiting for NATO
to roll their military and equipment to Ukraine
before the real war will start

NO! NEVER. by the way omw that's happens the US gonna find no country with it except UK and Israel.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
babz11:

I understand the media how it is controlled thanks

Hello, I ll recommend this video below

https://rumble.com/vwv87d-ukraine-and-russia-ukraine-on-fire-2016-documentary-russian-aggression-or-a.html
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by ljoh: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2022
Teenaira:

Why do you hate Ukraine so much. 5 means 5 human beings now. They should please just stop the war.

Only 5 people died, get that into your fvcking skull, Nigeria that's peaceful and fighting no war lost more people to violence than Ukraine.

Ukraine allowed itself to be used by the West to fight Russia.
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by ljoh: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2022
jrusky:

And you are happy ba? But when fulani herders hit your region you dey cry baa? When phyton dance naked in your region you were shouting UN, ICC, EU, AU, BU, CTT, UUU ba?

This is why I referes to you and your gang as Hitler descendants haters of humanity.

I'm happy with what Russia is doing

1 Like

Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by ljoh: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2022
FromTopToBottom:
the reason why most of you don't like USA is because they don't negotiate with terrorists...and I can easily predict which part of nigeria you came from

Russia winning this war will favour Africa
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by ljoh: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2022
hotseat:
Reading through comments of some Nigerians on this forum, you begin to wonder what type of beings they could be classified.

The unprovoked declaration of war against a neighbouring country which has resulted in massive death and destruction for close to nine months gives them a kick and satisfies their sanguineous mindset.

To them might is right!

Now they celebrate a vampire called Armageddon for his penchant for death and destruction.

At last, both Putin and the so-called butcher called Armageddon would be put to shame.

One thing is certain, though Putin may kill and destroy Ukraine but he can never destroy the Ukrainian spirit!

You have been brainwashed by the Western media that's why you think Ukraine is innocent
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2022
ljoh:

Russia winning this war will favour Africa
it will favor africa because terrorists group will freely operate in Africa without American intervention
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by ljoh: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2022
FromTopToBottom:
it will favor africa because terrorists group will freely operate in Africa without American intervention

Why is America not doing anything about the terrorists killing people in Nigeria
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
ljoh:

Why is America not doing anything about the terrorists killing people in Nigeria
they sold super tucano to Nigeria
Re: Russia Hits Ukraine With Deadly Waves Of "Suicide Drones" Killing Several People by One4me: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
dettolgel:

Oga go update your news.
BBC
https://www.bbc.com › news › worl...
Gas taps can still be turned on to EU, says Vladimir Putin

True!
But that will mean going through Turkey, a longer Route and will cost the Europeans more, because it will be a re-Sale by Turkey, to the EU States.
But they (EU) are not taking that Option for now rather they are buying the one that s almost five times ore expensive, that the US is offering them.
What level of stupeedeety is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ukrainian War: Time To Call Europeans To Order / 'He's On His Own': King Charles Ousts Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace / Kenyan Man Twists His Body To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.