Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum (18883 Views)

Northerner Chanting To Peter Obi At The Arewa Interactive Session 2023 In Kaduna / Kwankwaso To Boycott Arewa Interactive Session Over Plot To Endorse A Candidate / Peter Obi’s Full Speech At ICC Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Prozico22(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
THE ROCK
CAN YOU EAT WHST THE ROCK IS COMING?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Feggie3: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Very brilliant man!!

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Truthdeypain: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Obi can't solve insecurity and IDP situation in Anambra, but he is promising them a phantom solution for North.

Why cant he use that solution to clear ugm and esn out of Anambra?

grin grin

He is not the governor of Anambra state nor GCFR. You are such a smart fellow.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by GoodLife4live: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nairalander248:
Poll

Like for Obi

Share for Tinubu

Internet voting no dey tire u ?
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Tutor85: 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by GoodLife4live: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Tutor85:

Peter Obi attended St Augustine Umuoba Anam and then Father Josephine memorial grammar school where he met Adaeze. The two conjugated and gave birth to a baby girl in the 70s. She currently resides in Alabama, USA.

When the Peter Obi’s lovechild with Adaeze Idigo wedded in the USA, the state government of Anambra State was represented by Professor Stella Okunna who gave $50,000 on behalf of the State. The wedding took place in Alabama.

You know nothing... You are just a paid agent...

Dis is the pure truth about your candidate
Those who knew Peter Obi will attest to the fact that he has been a drug dealer beginning from his days as an undergraduate at UNN. He was hardly attending lectures and only managed to graduate with a third class in Philosophy after spending 12 years in the University.

His brother in-law who incidentally is one of the hirelings used by him for his nefarious drug trafficking business is currently languishing in jail in far away London. This is the major cause of strain between Obi and his in-laws. It is on record that his closeness to Dubem Obazie was the because he Dubem served jail term for drug trafficking because of Peter.
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by onuman: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi is a great man
Great speech by a known doer. Not like the speeches and unfulfilled promises of 2015 by the trio of Buhari, Tinubu and Atiku in APC.
Nigeria now harboring the largest number of poor, hungry, most terrorised and most indebted people on earth, is the outcome of the trio's speeches and promises of 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by lukaatamadauda: 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KU1bra5YCM

Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Monday outlined some of his plans for the Northern region if elected next year.

Mr Obi made the revelations during his talk at the Arewa Joint Committee Interactive Session in Kaduna.

He noted that improving security, agriculture and education will be some of his top targets for the region.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Curious345: 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Apt
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Creamypie(m): 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
APC will not be happy with this

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Skillsnigeria: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
That's good
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Mars16(m): 11:25pm On Oct 17, 2022
The choice is before Nigerians to make, is it to elect a candidate that says is his turn, one who uses tribalism as weapon, candidates who just talk gibberish and throw all sorts of rhetoric, shout at people at campaign ground instead of addressing the issues the common man is facing daily or one who has identified the problems and is talking solutions? Not we will give you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Ojycelarma: 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
ithor=SpecialAdviser post=117649767]It is an honour to return to the City of Kaduna and to participate in the Arewa Joint Committee Interactive Session, and rub minds on some fundamental issues germane to the future of Nigeria.

I thank the leadership and stakeholders of the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation for their gracious invitation.

I wish to preface my remarks by setting out our mission and vision. We are all Nigerians. I am a Nigerian running for the Nigerian Presidency to serve every Nigerian. I continue to insist on a show of respect for every candidate, ethnicity, religion and person.

The mission and vision of the incoming Obi-Datti Administration is to give full expression to our democracy by moving our country from consumption to production; we shall achieve this by giving primacy to implementing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

Our dear country today has become a shadow of itself. Indeed, there is evidence that Nigeria exhibits two known indices of a failed state; parlous economy and loss of territory and emergence of ungoverned spaces.

The purpose of politics and governance is to generate economic and social progress for the citizens in larger freedom. But the status quo is the reverse. This is more so here in the North, where poverty, unemployment and insecurity are the new normal.

The North has the highest number of out-of-school children in the world. It has highest number of school kidnappings in the world. The North also has the highest number of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Nigeria.

The vast agricultural lands of the north - the so-called food basket of the nation stand desolate and abandoned. This situation is painful and needs to be fixed. Great nations are built through visionary policies, programmes and projects, anchored on the people.

This was always the hope and wishes for Nigeria by our founding fathers. Sadly, things changed. Our leaders became selfish, myopic and stopped listening and caring for the common man. Bad leadership, divisive rhetoric, and impunity became the norm.

Nigerians have suffered; they have lost jobs, and lost their farms and herds and their trust in our leaders. That narrative must change.

The Nigerian people want solutions to the many problems confronting them. After all economic prosperity for all is an all important aspect of a successful leadership, there is hope. We know this for sure. A new Nigeria is Possible.

But we must return to dreams of our founding fathers to create an egalitarian society. The Nigeria we seek will be a United and Secure Nigeria that symbolizes the spirit, letters, and exhorting ethos of our national anthem – “one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity” where “peace and justice shall reign.” As we seek to come to power in May 2023, we are aware of the daunting array of domestic and external challenges confronting our dear nation, and we are fully prepared to lead from the front.

We are cognizant of the domestic policy challenges that have accumulated over time; and that the lack of adequate public policy responses has made them worse, with a devastating impact on national unity, social cohesion, public trust in government, and economic performance.

We have a grasp of prevailing challenges.

Nigeria’s needs and unmet needs are very huge. Yet hunger, insecurity, poverty and deprivation know no tribe, religion or gender.

With all sense of urgency, we will, pursue aggressively policies programmes and projects to enhance the productivity and competitiveness of all the sectors of the Nigerian economy.

For the North we will do the following:

- a) We will offer immediate and decisive long-lasting and permanent-effect resolution of all security challenges in the North;

-b) Ensure that farmers return to all farmlands for the 2023 farming Season. We will make Nigeria’s arable land in the North her new oil and gold;

-c) As part of our Marshall Plan for Education, we will foster Federal intervention in education at all levels in the North and partnership with State Governments and international organizations in order to improve access to affordable and quality education at all levels;

-d) Ensure very adequate representation in government, equitable appointments especially in the Security and Economic Sectors;

-e) Incentivize the resuscitation of the moribund cotton and textile industries; and full exploration of the cattle economy value chain, notably the $75b global hide and skin economy. Nigeria’s share of the global industry is envisaged to generate over $1bn by 2025;

and finally,

-f) We will ensure very generous deployment and allocation of economic and social projects and infrastructure in the North – with keen attention to Roads, Energy, Power, and Dams- and Solar energy from Sunlight.

In closing, let me say this on record. I have come in peace to develop, to secure, and to unite, and I will do so with every commitment to the growth of Nigeria, as one great and united country.

We shall pay as much attention to the development of the North as to the development of all other parts of the country; but with much greater emphasis on the development of the Agricultural resources.
[b]
The North remains where the biggest ad sustainable wealth of this great Nation lies.

If elected President, I shall govern with the fear of God and with all good conscience and intent. The Constitution and the rule of law will always prevail.

I thank you for your kind attention.
May Almighty God bless you all and bless Nigeria.

#PeterObi ��[/quote]
Nigerians always blaming the government for their own ill behavior, so Mr Obi if you're addressing anything and you don't address the behavior of Nigerians then you still don't get it... It's too glaring Nigerians lack compassion and that goes to the other candidates too.. no president can't make Nigeria work for the suffering Nigerians... Which one is consumption to production?? Is that Nigeria's problem It is very obvious from the set of comments you get from nairaland , lack of respect for one another, lack of value for one another, lack of respect for the country, lack of value for the country... Make Nigeria great again with only love, compassion, togetherness,,, nothing more, anything outside that is still the same tori ok . We are the people, We are also the government join hand and educate the rest not fight for power ok. Abeg I no vex for anybody o.. make we just know our problem no be election![/b] #OneLove
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Obidientful: 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
ImperialYoruba:
Obi can't solve insecurity and IDP situation in Anambra, but he is promising them a phantom solution for North.

grin grin
See how stupid you sounded. Is obi the governor of Anambra state, commissioner of police in Anambra or the commander in chief?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by StudentsNG: 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
POWERFUL SPEECH!!!

SpecialAdviser:
It is an honour to return to the City of Kaduna and to participate in the Arewa Joint Committee Interactive Session, and rub minds on some fundamental issues germane to the future of Nigeria.

I thank the leadership and stakeholders of the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation for their gracious invitation.

I wish to preface my remarks by setting out our mission and vision. We are all Nigerians. I am a Nigerian running for the Nigerian Presidency to serve every Nigerian. I continue to insist on a show of respect for every candidate, ethnicity, religion and person.

The mission and vision of the incoming Obi-Datti Administration is to give full expression to our democracy by moving our country from consumption to production; we shall achieve this by giving primacy to implementing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

Our dear country today has become a shadow of itself. Indeed, there is evidence that Nigeria exhibits two known indices of a failed state; parlous economy and loss of territory and emergence of ungoverned spaces.

The purpose of politics and governance is to generate economic and social progress for the citizens in larger freedom. But the status quo is the reverse. This is more so here in the North, where poverty, unemployment and insecurity are the new normal.

The North has the highest number of out-of-school children in the world. It has highest number of school kidnappings in the world. The North also has the highest number of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Nigeria.

The vast agricultural lands of the north - the so-called food basket of the nation stand desolate and abandoned. This situation is painful and needs to be fixed. Great nations are built through visionary policies, programmes and projects, anchored on the people.

This was always the hope and wishes for Nigeria by our founding fathers. Sadly, things changed. Our leaders became selfish, myopic and stopped listening and caring for the common man. Bad leadership, divisive rhetoric, and impunity became the norm.

Nigerians have suffered; they have lost jobs, and lost their farms and herds and their trust in our leaders. That narrative must change.

The Nigerian people want solutions to the many problems confronting them. After all economic prosperity for all is an all important aspect of a successful leadership, there is hope. We know this for sure. A new Nigeria is Possible.

But we must return to dreams of our founding fathers to create an egalitarian society. The Nigeria we seek will be a United and Secure Nigeria that symbolizes the spirit, letters, and exhorting ethos of our national anthem – “one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity” where “peace and justice shall reign.” As we seek to come to power in May 2023, we are aware of the daunting array of domestic and external challenges confronting our dear nation, and we are fully prepared to lead from the front.

We are cognizant of the domestic policy challenges that have accumulated over time; and that the lack of adequate public policy responses has made them worse, with a devastating impact on national unity, social cohesion, public trust in government, and economic performance.

Nigeria’s needs and unmet needs are very huge. Yet hunger, insecurity, poverty and deprivation know no tribe, religion or gender.

With all sense of urgency, we will, pursue aggressively policies programmes and projects to enhance the productivity and competitiveness of all the sectors of the Nigerian economy.

- a) We will offer immediate and decisive long-lasting and permanent-effect resolution of all security challenges in the North;

-b) Ensure that farmers return to all farmlands for the 2023 farming Season. We will make Nigeria’s arable land in the North her new oil and gold;

-c) As part of our Marshall Plan for Education, we will foster Federal intervention in education at all levels in the North and partnership with State Governments and international organizations in order to improve access to affordable and quality education at all levels;

-d) Ensure very adequate representation in government, equitable appointments especially in the Security and Economic Sectors;

-e) Incentivize the resuscitation of the moribund cotton and textile industries; and full exploration of the cattle economy value chain, notably the $75b global hide and skin economy. Nigeria’s share of the global industry is envisaged to generate over $1bn by 2025;

and finally,

-f) We will ensure very generous deployment and allocation of economic and social projects and infrastructure in the North – with keen attention to Roads, Energy, Power, and Dams- and Solar energy from Sunlight.

In closing, let me say this on record. I have come in peace to develop, to secure, and to unite, and I will do so with every commitment to the growth of Nigeria, as one great and united country.

We shall pay as much attention to the development of the North as to the development of all other parts of the country; but with much greater emphasis on the development of the Agricultural resources.

The North remains where the biggest ad sustainable wealth of this great Nation lies.

If elected President, I shall govern with the fear of God and with all good conscience and intent. The Constitution and the rule of law will always prevail.

#PeterObi ��

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by NickD(m): 12:03am On Oct 18, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
It is an honour to return to the City of Kaduna and to participate in the Arewa Joint Committee Interactive Session, and rub minds on some fundamental issues germane to the future of Nigeria.

and finally,

#PeterObi ��
God bless Peter Obi

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by yemmywesey(m): 12:13am On Oct 18, 2022
Hero beer talk.
Peter obi is a scam.
Why is all emphasis is being focused on the Northern Nigeria. Are you going to solve only the problems of the North.
We have problems scattered all over all the geopolitical zones in the country.
Any small thing you will be quoting lots of unrealistic economic theories.
If you are begging the northerners to relinquish power to you, they are still the ones that will still constitute in your government.
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:22am On Oct 18, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

grin grin

See how you are insulting Yorubas that are known to be the highly educated people in the 80s and early 90s......

Does it mean that since 2001, some Yorubas dropped out of school as they see Lagos touts sending their wards to abroad schools?

Some neglected education when they saw that Agbero work is highly classed than education in Lagos State....
Where a Governor disregards his special advisors to listen to an Agbero, tout and even promote him and put him in the oil pipe well that drians Lagos money for him....cheeeei

So Peter Obi should go to the Government house in Anambra State and chase away the Governor inorder to impress an illiterate in South West?.......

Go and study...or find someone in South East to teach you....or Yorubas that are Christians and still have sense....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:24am On Oct 18, 2022
yemmywesey:
Hero beer talk.
Peter obi is a scam.
Why is all emphasis is being focused on the Northern Nigeria. Are you going to solve only the problems of the North.
We have problems scattered all over all the geopolitical zones in the country.
Any small thing you will be quoting lots of unrealistic economic theories.
If you are begging the northerners to relinquish power to you, they are still the ones that will still constitute in your government.

Another illiterate found from the S.W.......

YORUBA is finished with touts .....

Didn't you read where he mentioned other parts of Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:28am On Oct 18, 2022
NickD:

God bless Peter Obi

And bless you too.....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:30am On Oct 18, 2022
Obidientful:

See how stupid you sounded. Is obi the governor of Anambra state, commissioner of police in Anambra or the commander in chief?

TINUBU has grown more touts in Yoruba land than Sane educated people......
One of his legacies .....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by kingyakos: 1:17am On Oct 18, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Keep dreaming Lady Ipob.

You are the first to sound so myopic and illiterate on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Maximeo(m): 1:38am On Oct 18, 2022
Obidientful:

Where did this one see IDP I'm Anambra
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by manmade(m): 2:37am On Oct 18, 2022
GoodLife4live:

Peter Obi attended St Augustine Umuoba Anam and then Father Josephine memorial grammar school where he met Adaeze. The two conjugated and gave birth to a baby girl in the 70s. She currently resides in Alabama, USA.

When the Peter Obi’s lovechild with Adaeze Idigo wedded in the USA, the state government of Anambra State was represented by Professor Stella Okunna who gave $50,000 on behalf of the State. The wedding took place in Alabama.

You know nothing... You are just a paid agent...

Dis is the pure truth about your candidate
Those who knew Peter Obi will attest to the fact that he has been a drug dealer beginning from his days as an undergraduate at UNN. He was hardly attending lectures and only managed to graduate with a third class in Philosophy after spending 12 years in the University.

His brother in-law who incidentally is one of the hirelings used by him for his nefarious drug trafficking business is currently languishing in jail in far away London. This is the major cause of strain between Obi and his in-laws. It is on record that his closeness to Dubem Obazie was the because he Dubem served jail term for drug trafficking because of Peter.
let's hear from baba wey no well, keep your beer parlour gist, it's not making sense, we knew and appreciate your predicament, after 5 bottles of legend beer ,no be everybody fit talk sensible things again cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Ubanz: 3:05am On Oct 18, 2022
Why are people so filled with hate whenever PO expresses his love and visions for Nigeria?

I wonder why many are having heart attacks.
Children of perdition.
Hmmmmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by sulaak(m): 3:55am On Oct 18, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi is a great man

Great men talk to the people and not a group of elites called Arewa Joint Committee Interactive Session
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by reddingtonblack: 4:06am On Oct 18, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi is a great man

Just that his greatness is only limited to him, Nigerians need someone whose greatness has network

or whats the usefulness of an hotspot no other devices can connect n use undecided
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by nokspos: 4:23am On Oct 18, 2022
i keep telling people that we need a drug Barron, an area boy and a pastor all in one to rule nigeria in these 2023 considering the amount of damage and corrupt people we already have, i like peter obi, but i'm not sure he can do it , he has the charisma of buhari, more like a younger version of buhari , he looks like he will command the military and they won't answer him. There are lots of trillionaires in the north that have money to do anything. it takes a real politician to rule nigeria , not obi that want to save money
GoodLife4live:
his a goal for nyamiris...

The thing wey him no fit do for anambra...hahhahh than to dey tell Dem how him take save 1000 for anambra acct....
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by beerfraud: 4:34am On Oct 18, 2022
Unity beggar
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Arisenews2: 4:37am On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by Arisenews2: 4:38am On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Peter Obi's Full Speech At Arewa Interactive Forum by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:43am On Oct 18, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi is a great man

Well, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is an overly Greater Man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola / 175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.