Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion (54784 Views)

Maradona’s ‘hand Of God’ Ball Set For 1.2 Billion Naira Auction / Polish Holding The Hand Of A Senegalese At Russia 2018 World Cup (Photo) / Golf Ball Set, Golf Gloves, Face Caps And T-shirts For Sale In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by ogbiwa: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
The ball used by Diego Maradona to score two of the most famous goals in football history is to go on auction.

The match ball used in the famous 1986 World Cup quarter final between England and Argentina carries an estimated price of £2.5m to £3m.

It is being sold by Ali Bin Nasser, the Tunisian referee who allowed Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal during the game.

Bin Nasser said: "This ball is part of football history - it is the right time to be sharing it with the world."

The ball is being sold at auction on 16 November as part of a World Cup special event. It will be streamed live and prospective buyers can register their bids online from 28 October.

"The timing of the match, the history between the two teams and the handball have all led to this match going down as one of the most famous and emotive matches in football history," said Graham Budd, chairman of Graham Budd Auctions.

"With the history surrounding the ball, we are expecting this lot to be hugely popular when it comes up for auction."

Several items of sporting memorabilia have broken records at auctions recently. The shirt Maradona wore during the 1986 quarter final was sold in May for $9.3m (£7.4m), a new world record.

This was beaten just three months later when a Mickey Mantle baseball card sold for $12.6m (£10.3m) in August.

In September, Michael Jordan's 1998 NBA finals jersey sold for $10.1 (£8.7m), a new world record for any 'game worn' sporting memorabilia.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63240476

6 Likes

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by ogbiwa: 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Funny thing is that in that same match, Maradona scored probably the best solo goal in the history of football, but that goal has become overshadowed forever by the controversial hand of god goal. Don't underestimate the power of controversy in marketing. Some artistes who always have "beef" with other artistes just around the period they want to release new album, be wise before you jump on every beef train

257 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by kenzysmith: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Maradona wey don die still dey produce money me wey dey no get idea how to make 1k a day Chai. If I be maradona pikin I go just carry one dirty boxers come out say this is the boxer her wore to score the wonder goal to be auction for 1billion

281 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Urheadmaster(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
kenzysmith:
Maradona wey don die still dey produce money me wey dey no get idea how to make 1k a day Chai. If I be maradona pikin I go just carry one dirty boxers come out say this is the boxer her wore to score the wonder goal to be auction for 1billion

I am very sure Christiano Ronaldo legwork will beat this record anyday anytime tongue undecided

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by paulolee(m): 4:48am On Oct 18, 2022
That’s simply football business and the main reason why everyone is chasing fame
When u have big fame in a large market like football, u would be a business blessing to your family and others even when u are gone
The same way that mj cliques are auctioning his past aesthetics for more money
The likes of cr7 n messi too would get such recognition even after football bcoz people will always buy them

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by paulolee(m): 4:49am On Oct 18, 2022
Urheadmaster:

I am very sure Christiano Ronaldo legwork will beat this record anyday anytime tongue undecided
No matter the mistake u make in this life, never u place cr7 in same sentence with the legendary maradona
Maradona is now a god n worshiped in Argentina n recently gat a stature in Naples
Why ur cr7 is now a rejected stone in United n in Portugal while still playing
Abeg no try am again

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Waakanda: 6:38am On Oct 18, 2022
Classical moment

1 Like

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by WibusJaga: 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2022

One of the reasons for the introduction of VAR. cool

But that Hand of God incident will remain an indelible part of Football History.

16 Likes

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by jojothaiv(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
Another covert deal..

There's the air of superiority surrounding the bidders particularly the highest bidder but we know it's a way of laundering funds..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by tillaman(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
grin
Maradona still dey make money even in death some dead body better pass some living being
May we not be a living dead o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by jumper524(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
For sure legit hustlers no matter how rich would buy this.
It's just another method drug dealers use to clean money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by illuminutty: 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
When money talks bullshit walks. Vanity pipu... over to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by DenreleDave(m): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
grin grin grin

I will buy it. 1.5b na small money
Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by bobbybrown007: 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
I hear
Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by timothydare(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
Owo ni koko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Racoon(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
The ball used to commit the worst fraud in the history of football.Why is this ugly scenario being immortalised this way?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Agricmoney(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2022
wow

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by dynicks(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lol...the kind of things we hear happen in these Yankee countries are quite funny and absurd....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Mko123(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
Later, you'll want to convince me that only the blacks are weird.

If you're still confused about what I wrote up there, check this thread topic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by TruthHurts100: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
VAR for give the short cheat Red Card

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Ngwamankillyou(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
You auction the ball at such price while the Man was looking for same amount to stay alive from taking his coke frequently.

Na wa ooo.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Joebayo217: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2022
paulolee:

No matter the mistake u make in this life, never u place cr7 in same sentence with the legendary maradona
u no go like rest just stop ur hating on cr7 angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Joebayo217: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2022
Jaybaba8:

Maradona! World Best!
world best my foot grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by LOVEGINO(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2022
Dem go also auction baba glass
Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by tishbite41(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
Nice one
Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Godstiger(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
Interesting,he was born for it
Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by 2Radii: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
Awon weyrey..

Something wey one striker do wey dem waya am redcard.

That goal was never a goal to be proud of.

Thank God for VAR this days

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by handsomeyinka(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
How much be leather ball for oshodi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maradona's "Hand Of God" Ball Set To Be Auctioned For N1.5 Billion by Primusinterpares(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
Watch people buy this shit

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Cena Proposes To Nikki Bella After Winning Match At Wrestlemania 33 / Mikel Obi Eyes Bikini Girl In Brazil While Being Interviwed / Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives In Italy To Complete Juventus Transfer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.