Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University (311 Views)

Peter Obi's Full Speech In Oxford University / Oyibo Odinamadu, First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 / Jubilation As Ben Kalu Receives The Flag At The Apc Campaign Flag Off-aypn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University by Metrix147: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2022
Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu on Monday played host to the first Igbo language lecturer in the University of Oxford in England, Mazi Emmanuel Ikechukwu Umeonyirioha.

ABN TV reports that Umeonyirioha broke the internet earlier in the year when he announced in a post via his Twitter handle about his induction as first Igbo Language lecturer in the premier university.

Sen. Kalu, representing Abia North senatorial district received Umeonyirioha in Abuja where he extolled him for promoting and standardizing Igbo vocabularies.

He posted via his verified Facebook page, "Glad to welcome the first ever Igbo Language lecturer at the prestigious University of Oxford, England, Maazi Emmanuel Ikechukwu Umeonyirioha (PhD).

"Emmanuel is a Pan-Africanist that strives in organizing professional teams to aid in developing, promoting, and standardizing Igbo vocabularies to be used in tech, medical field, science etc. #Igboamaka"

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/sen-kalu-receives-dr-umeonyirioha-first-igbo-language-lecturer-in-oxford-university/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University by Jennylove21(f): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2022
Congrats
Re: Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University by FreeStuffsNG: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2022
How is Oxford a premier university? "First Igbo language lecturer" in 2022 at a reputable university like Oxford sounds somehow.

It makes it sound as if Igbo language is a language already left behind and will never catch up..
Re: Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University by Conrod: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
How is Oxford a premier university? "First gbo language lecturer" in 2022 at a reputable university like Oxford sounds somehow.

It makes it sound as if Igbo language is a language already left behind and will never catch up..
You are entitled to your opinin however myopic,...on a serious note,.this "fight" to entrone tinubu has really unleashed the "beast" in you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Receives Umeonyirioha, First Igbo Language Lecturer In Oxford University by FreeStuffsNG: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2022
Conrod:

Smh. Most of you struggle with comprehension. My advice is that you devote more time to study hard and quit the social media. You guys are not growing and learning this way.

Let me break down my earlier post: The writer was on a shameless promotion of the individuals and relegated the Igbo language. It did not escape my detection because I know the writer is wrong and could have done better.

That guy is not the first person to lecture Igbo language in a foreign university and definitely not even in UK universities.He may even be wrong but emphasis on oxford university makes it look like others lecturing Igbo and other universities offering Igbo are irrelevant.

You young Igbo dudes should defend positive claims and correct nappropriate stereotype of your tribe in an intelligent manner. Do not sell your tribe short because of your hatred for others, impatience , poor comprehension and rudeness.

I was actually protesting against a wrong impression the writer created by selling short the Igbo language. I am a Nigerian and have a stake in defending a Nigerian language which is one of our national assets.

(1) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu Was Rumored To Have Switched Off That Light At The Tollgate / Netherlands Ambassador Learns How To Process Cassava Into Garri / Adewale Shokoya: Youngest And Vibrant Candidate For Senate, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.