Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms (17312 Views)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Hits Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Others / Fuel Scarcity Looms As IPMAN Threatens To Cease Operations Over ‘police Harassme / Breaking: Global Company Shuts Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Jack3403: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
F
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by fasho01(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
Na wa o
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Enneecy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by sofeo(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Illegal1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
A liter of fuel is 700 naira here in yenagoa...

3 Likes

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by gare(f): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/nlng-shuts-operations-over-flooding-gas-scarcity-looms/?amp

It is a shame we come from a country like ours, that we dont sit and look ahead to prevent situations that will cause destruction to lives and property. The last time I could remember of a Flood of this magnitude was in 2012, I was affected at my place of work then in Rivers state, we had to flown by chopper out of our work location due lack of road access and my company then lost equipment's and materials in millions of dollars though a multinational and there was insurance which took care of the lose.

But what am I saying here, we had at least 10 good years for us to build a dam on that route to control the flow of water or harness the water nature has brought our way to convert it to hydro Electric dam which will provide power for that region. But instead nobody talks about that year in year out. I doubt if that country will ever get better and meet up with its counterpart around the world.

Now we are here again, in another 10 yrs from now it will be the same flood news all over again.

2 Likes

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2022
wow
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by iHateFraudsters: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
Salewa97:
I thought they said Cameroon opened their dam, if that is true why did Nigeria government not at least make preparation of that.

If they truly did and the flooding still happened, the authorities should at least explain what preventive action they took and where there is lapses.

When has the Nigerian government EVER made preparations for ANYTHING?

If you check well, I'm sure the government was given ample notice by the Cameroonians.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
See flood everywhere, na only airport una sabi make am. Now person will blame someone's say he steal his money do airport road, i pite this useless government
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Truthshscrazy: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
sad
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by midehi2(f): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Salewa97:
I thought they said Cameroon opened their dam, if that is true why did Nigeria government not at least make preparation of that.

If they truly did and the flooding still happened, the authorities should at least explain what preventive action they took and where there is lapses.

They know about it, they believe it won't get to them
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Munzy14(m): 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mariahangel Ngwa lenu effects of the flood..

Marketers with old stock will hoard and create artificial scarcity before the real scarcity..

It is well..

1 Like

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
Salewa97:

So, what preventive action do you think should have been taken?
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

When has the Nigerian government EVER made preparations for ANYTHING?

If you check well, I'm sure the government was given ample notice by the Cameroonians.

So, what preventive action should have been taken?
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2022
gare:

It is a shame we come from a country like ours, that we dont sit and look ahead to prevent situations that will cause destruction to lives and property. The last time I could remember of a Flood of this magnitude was in 2012, I was affected at my place of work then in Rivers state, we had to flown by chopper out of our work location due lack of road access and my company then lost equipment's and materials in millions of dollars though a multinational and there was insurance which took care of the lose.

But what am I saying here, we had at least 10 good years for us to build a dam on that route to control the flow of water or harness the water nature has brought our way to convert it to hydro Electric dam which will provide power for that region. But instead nobody talks about that year in year out. I doubt if that country will ever get better and meet up with its counterpart around the world.

Now we are here again, in another 10 yrs from now it will be the same flood news all over again.

So, what preventive action should we have taken?
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by iHateFraudsters: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kasssandra:

So, what preventive action should have been taken?

Notifying the citizens, of course.

Creating alternative routes for movement before the flooding, and not after the flooding (like they did).

Very simple and cost effective preventive actions.
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by lereinter(m): 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
God has no hand in nigeria
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by lereinter(m): 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

Creating alternative routes for movement before the flooding, and not after the flooding (like they did).

Flooding is natural disaster

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

Anything else? That's only temporary by the way....
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by gare(f): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kasssandra:

So, what preventive action should we have taken?

Build 2 or more dams on that route to control the flow of the water or create a canal that will redirect the flow and in doing all this you are also creating jobs for your citizens and improving the value of lives .
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Measures to prevent floods...

Measures like: building of dams across river channels, wing dykes, diversion
spill ways, trees and afforestation should be undertaken. Again, government
should embark on immediate reconstruction of damaged bridges and other
hydraulic structures in flood ravaged areas in order to prevent recurrent
flooding of such areas

Ezezue et al .Effective Management of Flooding In Nigeria (a Study Of Selected Communities In Anambra State)
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
gare:

Build 2 or more dams on that route to control the flow of the water or create a canal that will redirect the flow and in doing all this you are also creating jobs for your citizens and improving the value of lives .

Add canals to divert the water, and extensive planting of trees to hold the water, so to speak, and don't let people live in flood plains.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Acidosis(m): 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
This flooding thing has become a serious issue. In fact, if today's rain persists, 1/4 of Lagos Island might be under water. The situation in already flooded states may not get better.
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by mariahAngel(f): 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Munzy14:
Mariahangel Ngwa lenu effects of the flood..

Marketers with old stock will hoard and create artificial scarcity before the real scarcity..

It is well..

Chineke biko! sad
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by gare(f): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kasssandra:

Add canals to divert the water, and extensive planting of trees to hold the water, so to speak, and don't let people live in flood plains.

Planting of trees in this situation can't prevent flooding, up north in desert areas that will be helpful in areas with very high wind storms
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by iHateFraudsters: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kasssandra:

Anything else? That's only temporary by the way....

There flooding in the United States and also Asia.

Flood is not something that can be stopped.

The only permanent solution is to build a dredge between the Cameroonian dam and Nigeria border.

When the water is released next time, it will automatically be channeled elsewhere.

That's a lot of money, but it's permanent.

1 Like

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
iHateFraudsters:

There flooding in the United States and also Asia.

Flood is not something that can be stopped.

The only permanent solution is to build a dredge between the Cameroonian dam and Nigeria border.

When the water is released next time, it will automatically be channeled elsewhere.

That's a lot of money, but it's permanent.

Flood barrier, you mean.
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is just a deliberate plan to ruin the citizens of the country using floods as an excuse, just like covid was used in 2020.

A global plan to reduce people to paupers.
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Munzy14(m): 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2022
mariahAngel:

Chineke biko! sad
I choro i ga mba ofesi cheesy

1 Like

Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by iHateFraudsters: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Kasssandra:

Flood barrier, you mean.

Well said.

Although it has so be channelled somewhere.
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by Elidrisy20: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
God punish una, idiots
Re: NLNG Shuts Operations Over Flooding, Gas Scarcity Looms by mariahAngel(f): 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2022
Munzy14:

I choro i ga mba ofesi cheesy

O nwere nga o kacha mma? cheesy
I'm sure they have their own issues, plus, I don't like being far away from home.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vincent Okokoje, APC Ward Chairman Slump, Dies In Delta After Attending Meeting / Obiano Launches Anambra Daily Road Sweepers, 300 Employed / Kogi West Senate Rerun: PDP Rejects Nov 30 Supplementary Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.