Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. (287 Views)

Blessed To Be A Blessing - Pt 3 / The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by goodshepherd123(m): 1:40am On Oct 19, 2022
THE PURPOSE OF LIFE PT 3.

*Date : Wednesday,19-10-2022*

*Text : Rom 14 vs 7-8*

*Memorise* :
" _And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again_":- 2 Cor 5 vs 15

In our previous devotional we have been learning about the purpose of life. As we continue may the Lord teach us in Jesus name.

One of the erroneous quotes about life that has obviously affected our youth is that "Life is a game" .
The advent of computer games has made many of our youths to have these belief, because in most games when the character losses his life he is usually given another life.
This in itself is an illusion, because the word of God portrays a different opinion.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

For our life to be purposeful and impactful it begins by allowing Christ to live through us by denying the flesh.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Beloveth life is not a game, it is rather an opportunity use it wisely by allowing Christ to live through you.

*Work to do* :
1). Study the previous devotional.

*Prayer point* :
1). Father help me to use my life in a way that will glorify your name in Jesus name.

*© Capsule of liberty*

2 Shares

Re: The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by goodshepherd123(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2022
Jesus loves you.
Re: The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
goodshepherd123:
Jesus loves you.
Contrary to that which you claim, Jesus Christ instead taught that His love exists only for those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
9 “I have loved you as the Father has loved me. Now continue in my love.
10 I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you.
11 I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy.
12 This is what I command you: Love each other as I have loved you.
13 The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends.
14 You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do.
15 I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends, because I have told you everything that my Father told me.
16 “You did not choose me. I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name.
17 This is my command: Love each other. - John 15 vs 9 - 16
Not even once, throughout all of His teachings, did He proclaim love for all in the world. So, why do you tell people that Jesus Christ loves them when clearly His love is only reserved for those who obey His teachings and commandments? undecided
Re: The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
goodshepherd123:
In our previous devotional we have been learning about the purpose of life. As we continue may the Lord teach us in Jesus name.

One of the erroneous quotes about life that has obviously affected our youth is that "Life is a game" .
The advent of computer games has made many of our youths to have these belief, because in most games when the character losses his life he is usually given another life. This in itself is an illusion, because the word of God portrays a different opinion.
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

For our life to be purposeful and impactful it begins by allowing Christ to live through us by denying the flesh.
I am afraid I have to disagree with you there. The Judgment that God instituted against those who die in unbelief, since the beginning, has been that stated in Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 - From dust, you were made and to dust, you shall return - when you die! The thing about that idea is that it is possible that dust can be reused in the process of making new souls. So, don't write off games altogether. grin
Re: The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by goodshepherd123(m): 4:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Contrary to that which you claim, Jesus Christ instead taught that His love exists only for those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Not even once, throughout all of His teachings, did He proclaim love for all in the world. So, why do you tell people that Jesus Christ loves them when clearly His love is only reserved for those who obey His teachings and commandments? undecided

From the three verses below, it is clearly stated without ambiguity, that he died for the whole world even before you were born and irresepective of the color of your skin .

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Re: The Purpose Of Life Pt 3. by Kobojunkie: 4:47am On Oct 20, 2022
goodshepherd123:
From the three verses below, it is clearly stated without ambiguity, that he died for the whole world even before you were born and irresepective of the color of your skin .

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Open your eyes and mind when you read that which is in fact stated. undecided
16 Yes, God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life.
17 God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.
18 People who believe in God’s Son are not judged guilty.But people who do not believe are already judged, because they have not believed in God’s only Son.
19 They are judged by this fact: The light[c] has come into the world. But they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light. They will not come to the light, because the light will show all the bad things they have done.
21 But anyone who follows the true way comes to the light. Then the light will show that whatever they have done was done through God. - John 3 vs 16 - 21
a. In verse 16, Jesus Christ made abundantly clear that God's love for man as given through Him only belongs to those who believe in Him, Jesus Christ. undecided
b. In verse 18, Jesus Christ reiterated that those who do not believe will not have the love that God offers to mankind in Jesus Christ. undecided
9 “I have loved you as the Father has loved me. Now continue in my love.
10 I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and he continues to love me. In the same way, if you obey my commands, I will continue to love you.
11 I have told you these things so that you can have the true happiness that I have. I want you to be completely happy.
12 This is what I command you: Love each other as I have loved you.
13 The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends.
14 You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do.
15 I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends, because I have told you everything that my Father told me.
16 “You did not choose me. I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name.
17 This is my command: Love each other. - John 15 vs 9 - 16
c. Combine that truth with that which Jesus Christ in fact stated in John 15, and you quickly see that it has in fact never been true that Jesus Christ loves everyone. No, Jesus Christ never said He did, nor did God make that claim of His Jesus Christ, the agreement He promised through the prophets. Jesus Christ is designed in such a way that His love abounds only for those who live their lives in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - they are those who are indeed loved by the Father, and by Jesus Christ. undecided

As for what Paul wrote in his letter to the Romans, I suggest you head back to the context to find out exactly who the audience of his letter really is because surely you don't want to believe that Paul directly contradicted Jesus Christ, the one who is the King and Savior, right? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Testimonies About The Wonders Of Jesus Christ Today / Has Any Muslims Ever Told You That Mohammed Died On A Teenager During Sex? / Why Do Pastors Still Wants Your Tithes Money ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.