Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? (964 Views)

Yewande Fatoki The Husband Killer (her Pictures At The Scene Of Crime). / 12 Best Working Tips On How To Stay Ahead Of Being A Victim Of Crime / Are You A Victim Of Crime? Report To True Crime Citizens' Bureau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? by Reggie2(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
Dear all,
I think that the present-day system of governance in Nigeria provide adequate manure for an upsurge in all sorts of future crime. Why do I say this? Beyond ethnic and tribal ramblings as also evidenced in NAIRALAND, major issues that affect the Nigerian statehood are often ignored.
HOW MANY ARE WE i.e. POPULATION; ISSUES OF DEMOGRAPHY; ID CARDS; GAP BETWEEN THE HAVES AND HAVE NOTS; COMPLETE LACK OF WELFARE APPROACH TO CO-EXISTENCE:SOME CAN AFFORD TO BUILD A NATIONAL THEATRE FOR A HOUSE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES TO FED. STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT OR LINE UP FLEET OF CARS BECAUSE ANNUAL TAXES ARE NOT CHARGED. IMBALANCE IN RETRIBUTION AT ALL LEVELS; ABSENCE OF ANNUAL DECLARATION OF INCOME THAT WILL PERMIT NON CORRUPT AUTHORITIES TO EVALUATE HOW PEOPLE MAKE THEIR MONIES and then pay taxes!!!!

My argument is that Nigeria can churn out rich people faster than any other country in the world due to aberration in the system whether in politics or in commerce with consequences that those unable to catch up, trail behind in abject POVERTY. Students of Sociology will agree with me that crime is largely a product of environment.

I will beg to limit my postulation here to expect your comments. Y upsurge? Because population continues to increase without documented Data; No investments in infrastructure, no welfare package for the unemployed and down trodden, politics becomes a booming business for those in government. Because the social valley between smart guys and those left behind is getting bigger and bigger,

I would love to share your comments. Thanx.
Re: Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? by kodewrita(m): 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
people thot so too in New York in the eighties and then the nineties saw a markedly sharp drop in incidents. It will reach a tipping point if the right things are done and come back down.
Re: Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? by Reggie2(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2011
kodewrita:

people thot so too in New York in the eighties and then the nineties saw a markedly sharp drop in incidents. It will reach a tipping point if the right things are done and come back down.

Thanx for replying. But my fear is precisely that the right things are not being done.
Re: Do You Agree That The Upsurge Of Crime In Nigeria Is 4 Real And Will Continue? by Reggie2(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
kodewrita:

Thanx for replying. But my fear is precisely that the right things are not being done.

(1) (Reply)

P0rn Actor Took Video Of Himself Stabbǐng His Lover To Dêath And Having Sêx With / How Our 20-year-old Son Was Killed By Cultists – Heartbroken Parents / N.landers Beware... They Are Nobody But Scammers.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.